Lemon Juice

Price: $

Price: $

5% to 6% (approximately 0.3 M) citric acid, Vitamin C, pH 2 to 3

on 5/6/2012 10:03:00 PM

yay lemon juice! I use this for lots of stuff. I mix w/ honey for a facial. Have used it w/ tap water when I ran out of Acv for hair rinse but not often as it lightens my dark hair. My favs for it are mix several drops w/ equal parts acv and aloe vera juice and make a toner ( works great but does sting at first). Add half or whole lemon (squeezed out of course) in a large glass of ice water and drink first thing in the morning and it helps to expell toxins from the body (acts like a body flush) and this can help organs and overall skin health from the inside out. Been doing this for quite some time now and its awesome.
EDIT: I can't use this not face anymore as it dries it out to much. I do mix a couple drops in a bottle of water with a couple Tbs acv and drink as a flush all day. Helps my skin, joints and overall well being from the inside out.

on 5/3/2012 10:51:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

After reading all the MUA reviews, had to jump on the lemon juice bandwagon. Started 4 days ago, apply juice straight from lemon wedge to freshly cleansed face each evening, leave on 10-15 minutes. Sort of feels like it is eating your face off, itches and burns, but stops after it's washed off. Even with my Clarisonic (HG for sure) and use of excellent Dermalogica products, still battled little bumps on nose, blackheads, etc. Also have sun-damage spots on cheeks and wondered if lemon might possibly lighten those. First, let me say this lemon juice works. After just 4 lemon facials, my nose is very nearly clear of everything! no blackheads, and almost no bumps under skin. Those weren't really visible but could feel them and they sometime erupted into pimples or deep blackheads. Overall, skin tone seems more even. The biggest test was/is two whiteheads i've had for over a year. Really didn't expect much to happen, but one on upper lip has almost disappeared, can barely feel it with finger and it will be complete gone in another couple of days. The 2nd under lower lip hasn't really budged, thinking of adding extra to it for overnight to see if i can it to go, too. My pigmenting looks a little better, nothing miraculous, but noticed makeup covers it a lot easier now. Will prob slack off to once or twice a week lemon treatments after a few days. All the reviews were right on, lemon juice works. Don't get on the skin around your eyes. Don't use if your skin is sensitive. Use lots of moisturizer after. Use sunscreen when you go out. Will report back as things develop! over and out for now. (BTW, I'm 59, oily t-zone, dry cheeks)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Amazing.
I am doing OCM at the moment, and using pure rose water as a toner. I read on MUA someone who uses lemon juice and sugar as a scrub, so I gave it a try. It was wonderful! Scrubbed nicely, toned nicely and smelled lovely. Also, super cheap and easy to apply as I used bottle lemon use straight from the bottle in the fridge.
The best, best, best thing about this, is that in just ONE use, I found that the oil production from my nose was significantly reduced. I have a very oily nose, and even though the rest of my face isn't oily I find that the oil will break through foundation in about an hour.
I used this today (for the first time admittedly) underneath my foundation and the difference was phenomenal. I cleansed as usual, toned with lemon juice and moisturised with Lush Imperialis just on my cheeks. I then applied Illamasqua Rich Liquid (which I have reviewed before, and have avoided using since I bought it as I can't apply it and make it stay on my skin) and used my fingers to blend. I am not kidding that throughout the entire day (including a sly nap on the couch!) I have had virtually NO oil breakthrough on my nose. I applied at about 11am, and blotted at about 3pm, and there was barely anything there.
I am so so pleased with this, and am praying that this is going to be a long-term effect as I am so fed up of having such an oily nose and skin that will not be tamed! I have decanted some into a travel size bottle so I have some with my beauty products at all times.

on 4/26/2012 5:54:00 PM

Lemon Juice is AMAZING. I am confused why Paula Begoun downplays this by calling it an irritant and warns people to not use it. Why? Aren't salicylic and glycolic acids also irritants? Yet she raves about their effectiviness! I believe it is because lemon juice is so cheap and so effective that it literally erases the need for more expensive products and why would someone who sells more expensive products really admit that?

Anyway, I have seen more results with my skin using lemon juice than any other product. I just squeeze a lemon into a glass, add a little water and rub it on my face every night as my toner after cleansing then after it dries I apply my other products. I have noticed that this makes my Retin-A seem more effective. You would think it would be irritating to use the two products together but I have been doing so for quite a while now and my skin looks fabulous. I also use a homemade C serum in the morning. Lemons are an excellent addition to a skin care routine.

on 4/26/2012 1:16:00 AM

WELL.

This has worked on my acne and refined the texture of my skin better than any Vitamin A or alphahydroxy, moisturizer, cleanser, high end, low end, mid end, any end, I have ever used.

I use it as a toner twice a day before I apply my rose hip oil and moisturizer or night cream, and for the first time in 8 years I have nothing on my face but mild scarring, as opposed to fresh pimples every day.

I am hoping continued use will fade my scars.

Pretty annoyed I spent however many tens of thousands of dollars over the years on useless products, but I'm just going to have to get over it.

on 4/24/2012 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

First, I must say that I have the worlds most unfortunate complexion. I am so pale that I rarely find coverup to match my skin, I have red spots and an uneven skin tone, giant, clogged pores, and am extremely prone to breakouts, mostly around my chin. My skin was a mess. After spending a fortune on different acne products, I decided to take a more natural approach to my skin...enter, lemons. After three days of using regular, bottled lemon juice, I literally had NO breakouts, just scars. Every night after I wash my face with a gentle cleanser, I'll soak a cotton pad in lemon juice, then run some tap water over the pad to dilute it a bit, and rub it over my face like a toner. Then I let it dry on my face for about 15 minutes (and it stings like hell for the first few days, that's how you'll know it's working!) and then I put on a gentle, scent free moisturizer (spectro hydracare). Additionally, instead of using a harsh facial scrub, I now just soak a cotton pad in lemon juice, put regular sugar on it, and gently scrub my face. It is the most amazing scrub ever- leave it on for 15 minutes as a mask, and when you rinse it off, your face will be soo amazingly smooth. I've tried hundreds of dollars worth of scrubs, and nothing works like this. The scrub seems to erase my acne scars (that I've had for YEARS) right before my eyes. I can't believe I hadn't discovered this until now. My harsh red scars are now faded to what looks like freckles, my complexion is even, my pores are smaller, and I rarely have breakouts. If you make this a routine, you can have amazing skin for the lowest price possible. Go natural ladies- your skin isn't meant to be soaked in chemicals. The more chemicals you use, the more problems you'll have. Try natural remedies like lemon, honey, olive oil... it's worth it!! :)

on 4/23/2012 11:36:00 AM

This is an addition to a previous post in which I sang the praises of lemon juice as a clarifier for hair.

Now for what it can do for skin. I admit I thought the claims of lemon juice getting rid of acne like magic were hyped. But for days I have had an UGLY, nasty pimple next to my nose. So what the heck, after reading the reviews here, I washed my face last night, and swabbed on some lemon juice with a cotton ball. Yes, it stung a bit, but no big deal. When I got up this morning, that pimple was almost completely dried up and gone. I've used more LJ today and it's practically history. I'm convinced!

on 4/21/2012 2:17:00 AM

I had been reading reviews about using Lemon Juice as a toner and was a little skeptical about the results so I decided to try it out for myself. Lemon Juice is a very inexpensive product. You can find it in any grocery store and in many different sizes (you can buy as much or as little as you want).

For myself, I bought the tiny "Real Lemon Juice" that comes in the shape of a lemon. The first couple of days, I could see myself breaking out but I was determined to power through. Many people had said that the Lemon Juice reduced the amount of impurities they experienced and the lemon juice had essentially cleansed their pores. After a week, I began to see noticeable differences. My skin was brighter and my acne scars were lightened. The lemon juice also made my face smoother and gave it a nice glow.

I would recommend people who have oily/combination skin to give this product a go. For the first while, you will think you're breaking out but that's the lemon juice working through your pores trying to cleanse it. After the impurities have surfaced, the lemon juice does a good job eliminating it and keeping your face clear. I'm not saying you should use this product on its own, nor am I suggesting that Lemon Juice is a miracle, must have product. I just found the lemon juice kept the oiliness under control, it was not over drying and it keeps my face clear.

I use the Lemon Juice at night and in the morning, I use my Biore Triple Cleanse Toner. For both, I pair it with my Clean and Clear dual action moisturizer and Lancome High Resolution Refill 3x eye cream.

on 4/18/2012 6:11:00 PM

I honestly can't say good enough things about lemon juice. So much cheaper and more natural than your usual skincare...being pale, yellow-olive skinned, I've had to learn to live without foundation because there isn't much out there that matches my skin. However, being mixed race I am plagued by hyperpigmentation that remains for months, comedones that make my face feel like Braille, and polarities of oiliness and dryness with my skin that drive me up the wall. What's worse, what worked for my parents doesn't work for me because they had opposite skin issues!

So, after trying retinol, BP, salicylic acid, aspirin masks, oatmeal, honey, eggs, avocado, washing with just water, OCM, clinique, seriously everything with my acne since I was like 10, not a simple regimen of lemon juice swabbed over my face day and night has solved so many of my skin issues. People were even recommending Accutane! (Although my acne is persistent, but not severe).

I began incorporating lemon juice into my routine around the end of February, nearly two months ago. It took a couple weeks to see results but I was motivated by the amount of scunge left on my swab even after double-cleansing my face--clearly there was more left behind than I thought! I have't noticed my face becoming lighter, just more even, healthier skin. The only downside is occasional dryness I face on my cheekbones, but I just spent the last couple days cleansing with Pond's Cold Cream and following with a skin softener I stole from my mom, and it's completely resolved the issue. For the convenience, price, and effectiveness of this treatment, though, it's TOTALLY worth it. I now feel proud of my skin and flaunt it as a good feature when just back in February I had what I fondly call "galaxies" on my face...clusters of dark brown spots I felt like everyone could see from a mile away left by picking and scarring. Now lemon juice dries even my open spots up in only a couple days! I've found even reducing to 1x a day instead of 2x makes my skin begin to break out a bit, assuring me it's in fact the juice that helps. Love!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I would definitely buy this again...... well... ofr lemonade but that's it.
The first time I used lemon, it gave me a healthy ootherworldly glow, but it doesnt last very long. The juice instantly tightens your pores makes blemishes lighter.

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice
Nerium AD

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products