December 19, 2014 | 1113 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Bent Eyeliner Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 6:48:00 AM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm such a klutz and until I found this brush I could never walk out of the house with gel eyeliner without feeling like a fool with my uneven and generally messy e/l, The forst time I used this brush it was like magic. I did a straight perfectly graduated line with my gel liner and didn't even have to try that hard. I was shocked at the result. The hairs are just long enough to give a little bit of stiffness, but still allowed for a great flow. I will always have one of these brushes in my arsenal.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by jdelro6

I can't believe it. On the first try using this brush, I got a Great line. After reading from other reviews the ease of this brush, I was a little reluctant, but they were all right. The angled tip makes it so easy! It is my HG for eyeliner brushes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by piyopiyo127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is a good brush and the price is alright but i find that it's a little too thick for me. i can't use it to line since it's too thick but it works ok to set black eyeshadow over my eyeliner or add color right below my waterline (again over already drawn eyeliner). so basically it's like a very small precision angled eye shadow brush. if you actually want a eye liner brush i highly rec'd e.l.f. and that's only $3 :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by furchttrommel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love this brush! this makes it soooo much easier to apply eyeliner! and it feels natural too, it felt like i had been using this brush all of my life when i had really never even picked it up before. this has definitely made my life a lot easier!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by linklicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am sooo impressed with this brush!! I have been struggling with eyeliner application for years. THIS brush makes it so easy, the first I tried it, I had to laugh. WOW!! From now on I keep on buying SK products!! Thanks to Marlena from MUG!! What a great buy!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by pianadark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i used to use a 266 with fluidline but it skipped alot and i'd have to go over the line a few times at just the right angle to leave a clean precise line. this sonia kashuk bent eyeliner brush is so much faster and easier to use than i had expected and for $5.99, it is definitely a steal! i can get a thin or thick line depending on how hard i press down. i always get a nice clean perfect line with this brush... it's amazing, get it!

EDIT: I'm going to have to knock off two stars, the hairs are starting to lose their shape and "togetherness." I still think this a good cheap alternative but honestly, I would shell out $17.50 and get a MAC 209

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Buttercup86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me just that after you buy this brush, you won't ever use another eyeliner brush guaranteed. Before I bought this brush I had doing liner on my top lash line, it was too thick and never went directly into my lash line. I watched several youtube videos and many of them used this brush to get that thin line in the lashes, just what I was looking for. It didn't take any time at all for me to get used to this brush, it seemed like it automatically knew what it was doing and went straight to the lash line. It left the most perfect thin line I couldn't believe it! I had tried for so long to achieve this look and this inexpensive brush gave it to me! HG liner brush for sure, get this, you won't be unhappy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by behappy08

This is a very nice brush, what I like the most is that I get a thin line. I can also control how dark I want the line. I use this brush almost everyday. I'm happy with the application. This brush makes gel eyeliners very easy to apply. I also noticed in the store that some of the brushes were not in good shape, the ends were not even. This is one of the best affordable brushes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to disagree with everyone here. This brush is not that great. It frayed on me badly after only one use. I don't know if I got a bad brush or what. Most of the bristles stick straight out. They no longer taper to a point so that means I have to put way too much product on this when using to get the bristles to stick together and apply more thinly. It is a lot harder to get a nice, straight line with this compared to the MAC 266. It's nice that it's bent and you can better see what you are doing but it does not produce better results for me. I would've returned this a long time ago but I didn't want to deal with Target's return policy. I like other Sonia Kashuk brushes but this one was a dud. Like I said, maybe I just got a bad brush but the fraying was instant.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by makeuploca

First off, let me start off by letting you all who read these reviews know that I am a beginner with makeup. I've been INTO makeup for quite awhile, but I have actually just started messing with actually blending, doing eyeliner, placing on blush/highlight,ect. For me, putting on eyeliner was/is one the most complicated things I have encountered with makeup so far. Anywho, do to the meat of the review. This brush cost me around $6/$7 bucks(i can't remember the exact pricing) at Target. I had heard a review on youtube from a girl who claimed that the brush was Godsend and it made applying eyeliner so much easier because the brush was bent at an angle. So the question that remains is, does the brush actually work?? My answer is yes/no. I say yes, because I can definitely tell this brush is wonderful and will do wonders once I grasp placing eyeliner on BUT in my opinion the brush is a bit flimsy, making the line a bit bigger. If this brush had a bit more firmer packed bristles (not so firm as to where it would scratch your eye of course,lol) then this brush would be DEF awesome. Is it worth the money??Yes, but i recommend those who arent to good with eyeliner to practice a little and with due time, using this brush would be a piece of cake.