LUSH Love Lettuce Mask

Agar Agar Decoction, Kaolin, Honey, Fullers Earth, Glycerine, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Ground Almond Shells (Prunus dulcis), Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Lavender Oil (Lavendula hybrida), Chlorophyll, Perfume.

Love lettuce is an amazing mask!
It help keep my skin fresh and soft.
It is brilliant at sucking out all the nasties from my skin.

on 9/3/2007 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My friend who introduced me to LUSH adores Love Lettuce, so I decided to go and buy it. However, the Santa Monica store had no more in stock, but they gave me a sample. Good thing I only got the sample instead of buying the full thing. I love the smell of Love Lettuce that is fresh and earthy (kinda like lemongrass). Nonetheless, it doesnt seem to soak up all the nasties from my skin like Brazened Honey (I have really oily skin) and also the product is a little too runny/thin for me. Overall, though, good product that I can't complain about :)

on 7/24/2007 10:55:00 AM

This is a great mask for my combination skin. I use it at night and when I first rise it off, I don't notice much - but by morning my face is balanced, clear and feels great. I think it helps with making my skin more even too. I love the way this stuff smells, so fresh, clean and earthy. and it feels nice and cool going on (keep it in the fridge) - It clears breakouts too! . I highly recommend it and will re-purchase.

on 7/3/2007 7:18:00 AM

An interesting texture and feels refreshing on the skin, but I didn't notice any difference to my skin after use. I was not expecting miracles but it just didn't grab me as a product to repurchase and use all the time.

on 3/12/2007 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This actually works really well in making the T-zone or any oily bits less shiny. Sort of like a mattifier that I use every time right before I go out. It smells mediciny but that's no big deal. The main thing I didn't like was the way it dries up super fast within a couple of weeks and stuff was also oozing out of the container and all over the place.

on 3/5/2007 1:15:00 PM

I LOVE Love Lettuce - what can I say? The smell is amazing - a kind of herbal, lavender flavor. I didn't find it too gritty. It left my face super soft and clean. And I like the fact that it is made from fresh ingredients. Plus, did I mention it smells great? :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've repurchased this several times and my skin seems to love it. Love Lettuce is meant for normal to oily skin types but my dry skin handles this well. The green base works perfectly as a deep cleansing mask, leaving my skin brighter and my pores refined. I haven't had the redness/irritation others have described, thankfully, consisidering my skin becomes irritated with CeraVe and Cetaphil cleansers. And the scrubbies - I think they could have done better with the ground almond shells. Way too rough, IMO. I'm very careful to apply this mask without a lot of rubbing. As others have done, I break down my batch into small ziplock bags and freeze them, so I can prolong my usage without worrying if the batch is still fresh. FYI: applying ice cold Love Lettuce to the face in the summer is FANTASTIC! Try it. ;)

continued >>

on 1/2/2007 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Unforutnately this product did nothing for my skin. I applied it for the first time in a hot steamy bath and the smell of it was overwhelmingly nauseating (it wasn't so bad when I applied it in normal temperatures/conditions). It made my cheeks patchy and red too. I didn't detect any difference so far as pores cleaned out, skin made brighter etc went either. I've probably used it 6-7 times and seeing as it hasn't had any noticeable effect AND I've got a third of a tub left with the expiry date gone a couple of weeks now, it's going in the bin, never to be repurchased.

on 12/23/2006 7:50:00 PM

Love Lettuce bio fresh mask is the second one I have tried from this line. I decided to pick it up b/c the SA's at my local LUSH store rave so much about it as their favorite mask. My skin is combination generally oilier in the warmer seasons and the opposite in the colder ones. In the pot Love Lettuce is a very unattractive dark green glop and I have not seen too much written about the smell but I do not like it either--it's very hard to describe--maybe like lettuce gone bad or something?? Anyway I like that when you apply Love Lettuce to your face you can massage it around without losing too much product. It has ground almonds in it that provide gentle exfoliation for your skin. I usually leave it on my face until it feels tight and then I rinse it off in the shower and it feels so lovely as it rinses off while again exfoliating my skin. It leaves my skin glowing and matte which is really nice and helps get rid of any dry spots on my face. I only gave it four stars though b/c it does nothing for any breakouts I may have on my face and I was really hoping since many compare this to Mask of Magnaminty that it would have the same affect on pimples. It's okay though I would repurchase again but only during the colder weather as I like the effect it has on dry spots on my face.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I broke out after using this!! Never again.

Popular Masks