July 31, 2014 | 985 users online

Masks - LUSH - Love Lettuce Mask

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2007 9:52:00 AM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've repurchased this several times and my skin seems to love it. Love Lettuce is meant for normal to oily skin types but my dry skin handles this well. The green base works perfectly as a deep cleansing mask, leaving my skin brighter and my pores refined. I haven't had the redness/irritation others have described, thankfully, consisidering my skin becomes irritated with CeraVe and Cetaphil cleansers. And the scrubbies - I think they could have done better with the ground almond shells. Way too rough, IMO. I'm very careful to apply this mask without a lot of rubbing. As others have done, I break down my batch into small ziplock bags and freeze them, so I can prolong my usage without worrying if the batch is still fresh. FYI: applying ice cold Love Lettuce to the face in the summer is FANTASTIC! Try it. ;)

Agar Agar Decoction, Kaolin, Honey, Fullers Earth, Glycerine, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Ground Almond Shells (Prunus dulcis), Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Lavender Oil (Lavendula hybrida), Chlorophyll, Perfume.
continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2007 10:47:00 PM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Unforutnately this product did nothing for my skin. I applied it for the first time in a hot steamy bath and the smell of it was overwhelmingly nauseating (it wasn't so bad when I applied it in normal temperatures/conditions). It made my cheeks patchy and red too. I didn't detect any difference so far as pores cleaned out, skin made brighter etc went either. I've probably used it 6-7 times and seeing as it hasn't had any noticeable effect AND I've got a third of a tub left with the expiry date gone a couple of weeks now, it's going in the bin, never to be repurchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2006 7:50:00 PM More reviews by caroni99

Love Lettuce bio fresh mask is the second one I have tried from this line. I decided to pick it up b/c the SA's at my local LUSH store rave so much about it as their favorite mask. My skin is combination generally oilier in the warmer seasons and the opposite in the colder ones. In the pot Love Lettuce is a very unattractive dark green glop and I have not seen too much written about the smell but I do not like it either--it's very hard to describe--maybe like lettuce gone bad or something?? Anyway I like that when you apply Love Lettuce to your face you can massage it around without losing too much product. It has ground almonds in it that provide gentle exfoliation for your skin. I usually leave it on my face until it feels tight and then I rinse it off in the shower and it feels so lovely as it rinses off while again exfoliating my skin. It leaves my skin glowing and matte which is really nice and helps get rid of any dry spots on my face. I only gave it four stars though b/c it does nothing for any breakouts I may have on my face and I was really hoping since many compare this to Mask of Magnaminty that it would have the same affect on pimples. It's okay though I would repurchase again but only during the colder weather as I like the effect it has on dry spots on my face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2006 9:25:00 AM More reviews by ChocolateSauce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I broke out after using this!! Never again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2006 11:31:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Refreshing mask that cleans pretty well. My face didn't feel irritated, but the scrubby bits in it can be harsh for some. my face is oily and acne-prone, and this helped declog my pores. I also found it useful in using it as as body scrub in case you're too near to the expiration date.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2006 11:31:00 PM More reviews by laitveloute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ahh, love lettuce. I really do love it. This mask is amazing, definately a HG product! The first ingredient is agar agar seaweed which is really soothing to the skin. It smells like Lavender, which to me isn't really a plus as I don't like Lavender but I don't find it unpleasant. This is clay based, like all of the lush masks, so it does a really good job of getting goo out of your skin (but it doesnt strip). I love the exfoliating almond bit! My skin is soooo soft after using this. I don't cleanse afterwards, I just tone it off. I use this 3-4x a week sometimes and it never overdries me or irritates. The expiry date thing doesn't bother me either, because I freeze individually portioned masks into ice cube trays. Pop out, leave out in room temp for 10 min and you're ready to go! I get probably 10 uses out of one tub. I think $8ish for that is pretty decent and although I've never had to purchase this, I would for sure.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2006 1:02:00 PM More reviews by sphygmos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wasn't blown away by this mask, but I did really enjoy the way refreshes your skin and the scent. I can't say that it does anything above and beyond what a less expensive mask would do, though. You only get about 5 or 6 uses out of a tub, and you have to use it up quickly because it expires due to the fresh ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2006 11:19:00 PM More reviews by TiaR

I think this is a good mask. almond oil, lavender oil...left my skin soft afterwards, and yeah, this really removes all the gunk out of your pores. not a single trace was left in my skin. could be too harsh for some, but i think it's good twice a week. skin can breathe.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2006 10:45:00 AM More reviews by katycucumber

i really love this stuff, it has a deep cleaning thick texture and scrubby bits which are great when you rinse it off. my skin is combination/sensitive and i find this gives a deep clean without irritating it, plus the fact that you have to keep it in the fridge means it feels gorgeous and cool on your skin. the lavender scent is extremely calming. love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2006 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Chatsville

I'm already on my 3rd tub of this mask. The best mask i've found so far! My boyfriend said my skin looks fairer afterwards, and I swear that it removes all my blackheads!!!!!