November 23, 2014 | 1892 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2007 9:42:00 PM More reviews by rachelanneb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

love this lip balm/gloss. very moisturizing. glossy sheer pinkish red tint that looks so subtle and natural. not overly glossy or sticky. the scent is wonderful, a light combo of mint and rose that works well together. i also love the vintage tin, it's so cute.

only problem is that it's not super rich/moisturizing for the drier seasons.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2007 6:10:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the minty-rose taste! It's tinted ever-so-slightly red, and is creamier, softer, and more moisturizing than the original Rosebud Salve. Lasts a long time and is very glossy. Cute little flowered tin too! 5 lippies!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Auryane

Though i'm not a big fan of the petrolatum that makes up the base for this base, I really love the effects. It's very moisturizing--my lips were deeply chapped before this (I've been ignoring them for a while), and after about 2 days of regular use, they're as plump and as smooth as ever. It adds a lot of shine, without stickness...and just a hint of red color that doesn't compete with my natural color of any of my lipsticks. The scent is unusual--but not unpleasant. It comes in a generous 0.8 oz tin (compared to 0.07 ounces for many tube-style lipbalms). This particular version of the rosebud salve is available only at Sephora's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2007 3:05:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

perfectly moisturizing, slick, not sticky, great minty tingle too, love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2007 11:47:00 PM More reviews by georgieporgie1225

PRETTY TINT GREAT SMELL GREAT FEEL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2007 8:49:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Comes in a cute little old-fasioned tin and has a great consistency and tingle. Leaves my lips feeling soft and gives them a natural tint. Love this better than the original.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2006 12:37:00 AM More reviews by JoeyGyrl

Having tried the original and strawberry versions (both of which left something to be desired), I was pleasantly surprised to discover how much I loved this product. Excellent lip balm, with a pleasant scent and sheer tint. This and Eucerin Aquaphor are my favorite lip moisturizers!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2006 1:49:00 PM More reviews by heartsallen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

a new Smith's Rosebud product to remind me of how much I love this brand! as always the tin is super-cute and an extremely generous size. the balm itself is much softer than the original or strawberry. when I put my finger on it to apply for the first time, I expected it to be hard like the others and my finger almost went all the way through! there is a sheer red tint to it, and it does show up on the lips. rose and mint are two scents I would never put together, but I love how it smells and how the mint feels on. I will definitely use this more often than the original or strawberry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2006 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Angel_Ling

I've never found a lip balm that's petroleum-based with a hint of color until this balm. This is such a nice balm -- so very nice! I've used the original Rosebud salve and the strawberry version too. The former is nice but, being purely petroleum, it's very slippery and wears off too quickly to really moisturize. The latter is kinda meh, as it's waxier and not that moisturizing. But this version is just perfect -- it's a tiny bit thicker than the original version (but not anywhere near tacky or sticky) and is really effective at moisturizing because it stays on the lips longer. But best of all, it has a hint of color -- and not the tiniest hint that doesn't show up on lips, but truly enough to show up (unlike Clinique's lipbalms). The only thing I don't much care for is the smell -- rose with a touch of peppermint -- but it goes away really quickly once it's on you. This is by far my favorite lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2006 8:37:00 AM More reviews by lanae87

Is this LE or no? I hope it isn't, b/c it's my new favorite lipbalm. For $7, you get a generous amount of product, and the scent is a delicious mix of rose and mint. Leaves the lips super-soft with a hint of color and rich shine. The packaging couldn't be prettier either. An all-around winner and definite repurchase!