Smith's Rosebud Salve Minted Rose Lip Balm

4.1

Petrolatum, Peppermint Oil, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils).

on 2/24/2007 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ok, I have to say that this was a complete impulse buy when I was at Sephora. What really took me in was the color of this balm. It was soooo much darker than the original. I had bought the original, and I hated it. Didn't moisturize well, no color, smell was off, and the lid would come open in my purse. I almost didn't buy this because of that.....

I AM SO GLAD I DID!!!!! I love this stuff!!!! It had a decent smell, a very sheer red tint that looks so great when I'm at work and not trying to "look" made up, just pretty. It moisturizes alot better, and the lid is a major improvement. I'm going to buy about 10 more tins of this stuff....just in case it is a limited edition. I don't ever want to be without this stuff!!!

on 2/4/2007 8:49:00 AM

The first thing I thought when I got this was 'HOLY WOAH, THAT THING IS HUGE!'
I'm somewhat of an obsessive lip balm user and don't have overly pigmented lips, so I prefer something with a tint. My Blistex wasn't holding up and after an elaborate adventure into the world of lip balm, I stumbled across this. It's divine smelling, gives my lips a fresh tingle and a lovely tint. It moisturises very well and the large tin will last me for quiiiiite a while. I'm definitely going to repurchase, when I manage to use it all up :D

I love it! Has a bit of a red tint to it (unlike the original) and the scent is fresh and minty (although I find that the rose scent overpowers it). It tingles (not as much as Burt's Bees or Carmex), which I don't think the original does (does it?) and moisturizes my lips well. The tin had a bit of scuffing when I bought it but I guess it adds to vintage-y look. The mint version has a softer texture than the original, more like lip balm.

Would totally buy again, if I ever run out. :)

on 2/1/2007 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

My lips get chapped really easily, and it's even worse in the winter. Usually I just use Carmex, but this is a really nice alternative! I love the smell and the little tin in comes in. It's not too gooey or sticky, the consistencey of it is just right, and I like that the tin is big. I will definitely buy more of these!

on 1/29/2007 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Oh I guess Im the One Raining on parade...Sorry its just like the one in the blue tin with mint thrown in..Sorry Caudalie or Sephoras own pro make this one seem like more of a multi purpose not a lip balm

on 1/28/2007 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

love this lip balm/gloss. very moisturizing. glossy sheer pinkish red tint that looks so subtle and natural. not overly glossy or sticky. the scent is wonderful, a light combo of mint and rose that works well together. i also love the vintage tin, it's so cute.

only problem is that it's not super rich/moisturizing for the drier seasons.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love the minty-rose taste! It's tinted ever-so-slightly red, and is creamier, softer, and more moisturizing than the original Rosebud Salve. Lasts a long time and is very glossy. Cute little flowered tin too! 5 lippies!

on 1/24/2007 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Though i'm not a big fan of the petrolatum that makes up the base for this base, I really love the effects. It's very moisturizing--my lips were deeply chapped before this (I've been ignoring them for a while), and after about 2 days of regular use, they're as plump and as smooth as ever. It adds a lot of shine, without stickness...and just a hint of red color that doesn't compete with my natural color of any of my lipsticks. The scent is unusual--but not unpleasant. It comes in a generous 0.8 oz tin (compared to 0.07 ounces for many tube-style lipbalms). This particular version of the rosebud salve is available only at Sephora's.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

perfectly moisturizing, slick, not sticky, great minty tingle too, love it!

PRETTY TINT GREAT SMELL GREAT FEEL