October 26, 2014 | 1302 users online

Cleansers - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Chicagobabe89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love coconut oil! It's one of my HG products. The price can be a little expensive, but it's definitely worth it and more. I buy it from either Whole Foods or Amazon, and one tub lasts quite a while. I use this for making smoothies, deep conditioning my hair, and everyday as a body oil after a shower. It moisturizes my skin and hair like nothing else I've ever encountered, and the smell is amazing. I also have a scar, and I feel as though this is helping to fade it. If you're looking for a natural way to deep condition your hair or if you have dry skin, I highly recommend coconut oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by KMD08

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For everyone that said they broke out terribly, here is a word of advice. That means the product is working! If you use raw coconut oil on a clean face or even to remove makeup, it will not clog pores. What it does is go into your pores and makes the impurities slip out easier. So if you want a beautiful clear face, you will have to have to deal with the breakout until it completely clears up. Don't stop using it, the only way it is going to work is to keep doing what you are doing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this to use a make up remover & OH MY GOD do I love it! I knew it was a keeper when it fully removed all of the Revlon Color Stay off of my face (they named it Color Stay for a reason). It removes all mascara too. I'll use this, rinse it off good & then follow with my cleanser & my skin is baby soft & sparkling clean! On the weekends when I come home really late & am way too tired to do this(& probably too drunk, lol!) & my cleanser I'll only use this & rinse it off with warm to hot water. It works just as awesome by it self. I also noticed that it will dry out & shrink the larger pimples I have at the time. Something else I noticed from using this is that my eye lashes are so much softer. I've noticed a difference in the way my mascara has been looking also. I won't stop using this anytime soon.
****UPDATE**** THIS BROKE ME OUT HORRIBLY. IT CLOGS YOUR PORES! I then started to use this only for eye makeup removal & a week later I had 2 pimples on my eyelids!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I initially purchased this with the intent to use it as an eye makeup remover. It worked wonderfully, but found that it smudged my contacts, but that's easily remedied by removing them first. :)

Then, I found that I could make a splendiferous lipscrub by mixing this with raw cane sugar. It tastes amazing and works like a charm.

More recently, my hubby started using this after the shower as a moisturizer. While still in the shower, I put this on like lotion so it locks in the moisture. When you dry off, your skin feels silky smooth and moisturized all day or night.

Amazing product! I buy this from my local whole foods co-op and while it's pretty pricey, it lasts forever and has many, many uses. A great find!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Peri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently developed a serious interest in lessening my dependancy on manufactured products and trying natural oils found in nature on my skin. I've used olive oil, jojoba oil and various blends. While they all served me well (no breakouts, somewhat hydrated, etc) the outcomes were nothing spectacular.

Last night, after I washed my face with my Clarisonic, I tried extra virgin coconut oil as a moisturizer. I simply took a small amount and lightly rubbed it on my face, under my eyes and on my lips.

This morning I woke up to glowing, dewy skin and I noticed the slight tired-looking circles beneath my eyes have started to fade, as has a small cut on my cheek. Also, my nose is alwaaaaaays dry and flaky when I apply makeup, and today it's totally smooth.

I'm excited to keep using this nightly, because right now, I think this might be a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by saffronia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After a nightmarish experience with my usual eye cream that involved having to use a prescription steroid cream on my eyes for two weeks, I was desperate for a new, harmless yet effective eye cream. I had to use Vaseline for a few weeks after the Rx cream, and that was ok, but wanted something that absorbed better. I had some EVCO from a recipe I was making and thought "why not try this?" I have been using it every morning and evening for the last two years. I must say I cannot believe how fantastic it works for me. No irritation, no milia issues, cheap, absorbs nicely, works great under makeup, seems to condition lashes and brows, and best of all: has reduced my crow's feet very noticeably! What a find! I only use it as an eye cream and sometimes a lip balm, but I find it a bit too heavy for the rest of my face and body. Still, in a pinch, I'd use it anywhere...

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by emmanelson96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just don't understand why people like this product so much. I tried it on my hair, got greasiness. Tried it on my face skin, broke out. Tried it on my body, broke out. One that I am still dealing with after a month. If I use a lipstick with coconut oil in it, I get whiteheads around my lips. Wtf... the products that are always so amazing for people never work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 9:10:00 AM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wasn't going to write review for this because I would just be repeating all of the glowing reviews already here. However, I have a 4 month old baby girl. When she was a couple months old, her scalp peeled something awful. I would try using a comb to gently persuade the flakes out, but she has sensitive skin and the combing just made her scalp really, really red. I decided to slather her whole head in EVCO and waited for a couple hours before washing it out with Aveeno Baby shampoo. I was amazed with the results. Simply amazed. There have been absolutely no more flakes since using the EVCO just once. Her scalp wasn't red and her skin was soft and smooth. She sees a pediatric dermatologist for her sensitive skin and she said this would be wonderful as an everyday moisturizer for baby. My baby girl has soft, glowing baby skin and she smells good enough to eat :) Amazing product.

For reference, I use Nutiva Cold-Pressed Organic EVCO purchased at Whole Foods. It is unrefined and unbleached.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by masa_inn

I do not use coconut oil as a face moisturizer; but it makes a fantastic eye MU remover. Jojoba oil was too greasy; I had to follow up with a cleanser or else my MU would not stick next morning.

Coconut oil seems to sink right into the skin; no greasiness at all.

My lashes have suffered quite a bit when I was using Sonya Kashuk Remove. They improved drastically once I started with coconut oil.

I also use it as a glosser for my curly hair. Keep in mind - you need a speck of it; or you will end up with a greaseball of a head.

I like use it for frying and making popcorn as well. Smells awesome.

Oh, and I buy mine in ab ethnic grocery store: $4.99/pound for organic oil from Philippines.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by SkinObsesh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I read a million reviews on EVCO and decided to try it as a facial cleanser. I am an esthetician who is a tad bit obsessed with trying new things out, so I was excited about it! I prob should have known, since I have oily skin, this may not have been the best idea, but who doesn't love coconut! :)
However, it did break me out like crazy. ESP after I slept in it. :( My skin has been through so many products, its not really sensitive and usually I don't break out, but this def threw me for a loop! I wouldn't suggest it for oily/acne prone skin, and I still wouldn't even suggest it every day for dry skin. It does make your makeup go on great, but I do think in the process, it also clogs your pores. At least if you're going to use it, don't forget to exfoliate twice a week and applying a mask once a week couldn't hurt either!

Now, I'm not being a complete negative nelly about this product! There are DEF some pro's to this! It is a great eye makeup remover and my lashes look amazing! I swear it made them grow and it makes your mascara go on a lot better! I take my eye makeup off with it at night, and apply it on my eyelids, lashes, and brows every day. It's great! Also, a great moisturizer for your body and it smells amazing! :)

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No