Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

4.4

Extra-virgin coconut oil.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

HG status right here! Glad I found this product based on the rave reviews here I purchased EVCO (Barleans organic cold-pressed) at my local health foods store. I'm astounded at the dozens of uses and natural antibacterial properties this has and it's all natural :) below are ways I've used this miracle product!

Uses:
Take 1-3 tsp per day to increase energy, boost metabolism and fight candida(yeast infections)

Apply on bruises or cuts to speed healing time

Use as shaving cream to protect against ingrown hairs and cuts

Add to your styling routine- just the smallest bit smoothes my flyaways, too much will make hair greasy!

Mix it with your daily tea or coffee for a flavor and wellness boost--it's so good!

Remove waterproof makeup by rubbing it gently onto face/eyes, then wipe off with tissue and wash face

Since I began taking this product by the spoonful each day, my acne has miraculously subsided(knock on wood!) and the only thing I've changed in my regiment is adding coconut oil, so I attribute the clearing of my acne to the lauric acid contained in EVCO which works as an antibacterial. I'm in love with this stuff and never want to be without it!

I am a health coach and I read the reviewer who said that if you break out that means the product is working - NOT TRUE!! You could have an allergy to coconut oil!! If you have sensitive skin just try using a bit of it but if you break out in acne or hives, stop immediately!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I use it to remove my make up by I smothering it all over my face and then using a face wipe. I also use it as a body moisturizer. Leaves the skin on my face and body feeling really soft. Love it!!! It is also good for you.

on 4/10/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this on my hair as a mask and it has made my hair look and feel great. I suffer from dry scalp and after I dry my hair, I always get peeling skin right at my hairline, at the top of my forehead. It's so incredibly annoying. I dab just a little bit of coconut oil on the flaky spots and they behave all day. I am going to give some of this to my sister to use on my niece's eczema since I have heard it works wonders there too.
Just for fun I rubbed this on my arms and elbows and it worked as a great moisturizer with a little sheen, I can see myself using this on my legs during the summer!

on 3/26/2013 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

MUA, you suggested it and now I'm hooked! I started by using a tiny bit on the dry ends of my hair, got brave enough to try it on my face and found out I'm one of the lucky ones it doesn't break out, though other things do (I tested by putting it on only one half of my face daily for a week), and now I'm eating the stuff! Love it for night before pre-shampoo hair masque, and I swear it even has made my wrinkles less obvious (yup, other people could see the difference and I used it on the more wrinkly half of my face around my eye). Love it, and will keep experimenting:)

let me just say that THIS HAS CLEARED 99% OF MY ACNE!!! I have moderate acne and oily skin on my Tzone. I break out every week or so. I've pretty much tried every over the counter acne treatment out there. From neutrogena wash, to clean and clear, and at least 15 different spot treatments. They all seemed to work decently at first, but after a while, they just didn't do anything to my pimples. So i researched some natural ways to treat acne, and I came up with a new (and very very cheap!) regimen: At night, I use neutrogena acne stress control scrub. I mix in a dab of coconut oil with the scrub, which leaves my face moisturized even after I rinse. Then, I use plain old lemon juice as a toner/astringent all over my face, applied with a cotton ball. Lastly, I smooth on a layer of coconut oil and go to bed. In the morning, I do the same thing but instead of putting the coconut oil all over my face after the lemon, I use Sukin moisturizer (its in MUA top picks!!) because its a better makeup base than oil. Hope this helps!

on 3/15/2013 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Important : Virgin cold-pressed coconut oil (and coconut milk) works wonders for the hair. It stimulates hair growth, makes the hair strong and prevents graying. For me, coconut oil is the best oil for hair. I apply warm coconut oil on the scalp and hair and cover with a hot towel for an hour or so. It nourishes the scalp and hair.

Occasionally I also use the cold-pressed coco-oil on the body before or after a bath. It moisturizes well without a greasy feeling. It also has sunscreen properties.

However, for my face (ultra-sensitive skin), this oil is slightly comedogenic. It clogs the pores on the forehead and nose if I use it straight off. It works well when blended with water. I got the idea from a blog but never knew how useful it would be for ultra-sensitive skin types like mine - mix 1 part coconut oil with 1/3 part water and blend with a hand blender or an egg beater. Whipped coconut oil works wonders for the facial skin.

Note that refined coconut oil (like Parachute brand, etc) is not good for the hair or skin. It may cause damage instead of good.

on 3/6/2013 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

A good coconut oil cleanser for face:
Small amount of coconut oil + a pinch of baking soda. Mix together in hand and massage into skin, rinse well with warm water. Leaves skin soft and glowing!

on 3/4/2013 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've begun transitioning to only using natural organic products on my skin, and am doing what I can (within reason) to avoid unnecessary makeup pharmaceuticals that are filled with unregulated chemicals. For that reason, I've started using organic coconut oil as body and face moisturizer, and even on the ends of my hair to prevent split ends. It leaves my skin incredibly smooth and soft. I also add it to all kinds of edible things. As a food additive, coconut oil is said to prevent Alzheimer's and has lots of other brain benefits. It's great inside and out :) If you don't like the scent of coconut, NOW Solutions makes a non-scented version- I enjoy the scent myself.

on 2/27/2013 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I would buy this over and over again. Use it for EVERYTHING. Great hair conditioner, GREAT moisturizer for face and body. I don't know what else to tell you guys. You really won't understand until you purchase and use it yourself. And even if it does not work on one of those areas, it is soooo amazing for everything else. I can promise you that it won't be "sitting in the cabinet" or "tossed right into the trash bin".

Try it. It's not at all expensive (especially for what you get) and like I said, it's uses are endless.

Packaging could be better on some (meaning mine, don't know about yours) but this is made as a cooking oil so I can't knock the hustle.