Ulta Ulta- whole store

3.1

on 9/8/2008 4:44:00 PM

I've never been to an Ulta until about a couple months ago -- now I can easily say it's my favorite store ever! I've been buying Ulta's brand of make up lately since I think it holds its own with the more expensive brands. The store, the location I go to anyhow, is HUGE! Love the fact that they have a salon. There is always some coupon deal going on, which I love, since the products in the store tend to be a little high in price. There are a lot of restrictions with the coupons (can't get discount on bare escentuals eyeshadows, which I LOVE!), however, in my experience, it lowers your total a lot! Sephora sells a bit more brands (I've noticed benefit, make up forever), but I typically don't buy those brands anyhow.
Overall, I would recommend this store to anyone who wants a deal on high end make up products and to DEFINITELY check out Ulta's line of make up -- you'll be surprised!!!

on 9/7/2008 4:52:00 AM

Too many coupon restrictions. If you're going to send out a store coupon then make sure it covers all your products. This is horribly annoying. Never fails that when I get to the register my coupon doesn't cover the product I'm buying. I also find it difficult to test makeup. There aren't any applicators available(at least at the stores near me).
Other than that, I like the mix of high and lower end products. And I do like the reward program where you can get a free gift depending on how much you've spent. I've never made it past level 2 but my best friend got 2 points over the highest level they have! She got some great free stuff.

on 9/6/2008 10:09:00 PM

When I saw that there was on option to review Ulta as a store, I clicked on the link, and the first review I see is from a fellow Memphian. Well, I've visted both Ulta and Sephora a number of times, more so Sephora. Ulta is just a really strange place, while I like the selection of products from drugstore brands to higher end, the SAs are just plain unfriendly. I blame management, because if they are not teaching them any better, then they won't do better. I've never ordered from the site but based on my experience in the store, I will not. What I can't understand is that when I go into the store, there are hardly any customers, yet, none of the SAs even look up to greet you. And when you can interrupt one while they are having one of their conversations with their co-workers, they look at you like you have two heads. They don't know the products. At least at Sephora, they educate the SAs. Although, they do have very good sales, I buy the things I'm familiar with, I can't rely on the SAs to help with my purchasing decisions.

on 7/31/2008 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Normally, I wouldn't review a whole store but I've add such good experience with this place I'd like to give them a little credit. We have a Sephora and Ulta in Memphis and I prefer Ulta. Sephora is trendy and well stocked but often disorganized and messy. Plus most of the SAs do their makeup like Boy George. The Ulta is always very bright, clean, and well laid out. The SAs are friendly and helpful with out being pushy and are just lovely ladies in general. I like that Ulta has nice, more expensive lines, urban, glamorous lines, and afforable drug stores lines as well. They really have almost everthing thing beauty product wise I could ever want. I prefer their reward system to Sephora's. Just wanted to give a little love to a wonderful store!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This review is regarding the Ulta website. It's slow, error messages pop up every few seconds, and my 'shopping cart' kept changing (things were disppearing for no reason). I spent nearly two hours working on my order and finally got it as close to correct as possible...(still showing the wrong mascara color, oh well) I received two seperate emails confirming my order and letting me know my debit card transaction was processed. I was given a UPS tracking #. This happened in May. Still no package. Customer service (phone) is beyond rude and condescending. I was sent an email survey regarding my 'experience' w/ Ulta. CS informed me that those emails are only sent after a package is mailed, then tried to tell me my debit card must be no good. These b*tches will not refund my dc or send my order. I've been robbed.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This store actually has poor service. Even Walgreens delivers better service. I'm sure it all depends upon the individual stores managers as to experience. The selection is very good, but they don't always have stocked items you would wish. I only go here if I can't pick up my stuff elsewhere.

on 6/25/2008 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Sephora is better IMO since their SA and choices are of higher quality. If you just want to buzz in and grab and go, I guess, Ulta might work. My best friend and I have had similar experiences with the products being out of stock, or the mailers nor arriving. It's choice number 2. One remark about their brand of nail polishes - they work very well and wear like iron.

on 6/11/2008 6:00:00 AM

I love ULTA to the point of driving 90+ miles. I have never had issues with the club system, always felt lucky to get the free stuff. As for the service, I am not a needy type, so the lack of it is ok. I prefer to be left to alone, versus the shark attack at VS or Bath&BodyWorks-I only shop online at those now due to "helpful" clerks. Ulta is my fav

on 4/18/2008 10:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I too adore Ulta. While we don't have a Sephora in town, I go by one sporadically and find I shop there very little, unless I am looking for something very specific. Basically, I love getting the most for my money, and Ulta has not only a good combination of high and low end, they have an excellent selection of products IMHO, and they have sales and coupons all the time! Here, we have $3.50 off $10.00 pretty often. When you combine that to get items that are BOGO, the deal can't be beat! I also really like the Ulta brand single eyeshadows and lip glosses, which have nice texture and smell like vanilla (but not too childish or OTT). I also heard some Ulta's have bad customer service, but I've never had that problem at ours, everyone seems to be nice there.

In a nutshell, I think Ulta is great! Oh, and I just got my first rewards certificate, which is a lovely surprise considering I do not ever spend more to try to rack rewards anyway!

Ah, Ulta, my little home away from home. :) I love this place. From hair products, to makeup, to accessories, to fragrances, you can find just about anything here. For the girl who doesn't want to spend a fortune on beauty products this place is perfect. They've got a TON of hair products including salon quality at a lower price. I use Goldwell products on my hair and the shampoo is $4 cheaper at Ulta than at my salon. Not a huge savings, but every little bit helps! Their nail polish selection is awesome as well. Ulta rocks!

Popular Other Products