January 31, 2015 | 1155 users online

Other - Ulta - Ulta- whole store

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by shannonmiller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ah, Ulta, my little home away from home. :) I love this place. From hair products, to makeup, to accessories, to fragrances, you can find just about anything here. For the girl who doesn't want to spend a fortune on beauty products this place is perfect. They've got a TON of hair products including salon quality at a lower price. I use Goldwell products on my hair and the shampoo is $4 cheaper at Ulta than at my salon. Not a huge savings, but every little bit helps! Their nail polish selection is awesome as well. Ulta rocks!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I live in DC and there is no Ulta so I have to go out of town. DC is very small but the metro area relied on doing business with DC. There are 3 Ulta stores, out of DC, metro area. I have often been to one in Silver Spring, MD. The store is small compared to one in Rockville and Springfield.

I don't think SA are helpful, they usually don't know what they are doing and avoid questions. One is even rude when I asked about Elizabeth Arden MU. Selections are not much but considering limited stores in DC, I can still find most OPI l love. I signed up for coupons (and reward program) and I can use them for OPI and most items in the store. I also like Bellissima (Made in France) hair accessories and they're usually 25% off.

I don't like ulta.com because it is not user friendly. I even called to CS but she told me to contact my credit card companies. ( I use plural because I tried with 3 different credit cards for less than $15 purchase). Shipping fee is not cheap, base is $6.

In short, if I want some high ends products, I'd go to Macy's or Sephora and mid-low products, Ulta is a nice place to save $, especially with coupons as long as I don't ask questions to SA. Return policy is good too. I keep going there because it's closed to the mall, good food around. Otherwise, I don't bother.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 11:21:00 AM More reviews by imagination3112

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Visiting Orlando from the UK, found out about Ulta & Sallys on MUA-wish I had known about them earlier.

I loved the layout of the Ulta store & how they had high end and drugs store items were under 1 roof. An added bonus was we could print off vouchers on line to use when we arrived.

My DD & myself managed to buy the Christmas train case complete with cosmetics for $20 (10) - nothing similar in the UK, at that price

What would have made the visit better? 1) more OPI & China Glaze Polishes-not much of a selection 2) SA not ringing items through the till more than once (very confusing)
3)an in house coffee shop (LOL), although there is a lovely little coffee shop at the opposite end of the mall, complete with a Michaels for crafters.

I'm sure I could stay in the store for a week - I need to reasearch more about Ulta own brand products before our next visit.

Would I go again? You bet
Prefer to visit rather than Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by tygress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There are 3 Ulta stores in my city and I regularly go to the one that's closest to my house, about 10 minutes away. I've been an Ulta shopper for about a year now and my experience with Ulta is so-so. The Pros: Their products are cool, especially their e/s. I also like how I can buy OPI, Urban Decay, and Maybelline all in the same place and that they have a reward card system. Even though the rewards are never quite ALL that (I think the highest I've gotten to is a Level 2) it's still nice to see that you do get Something if you keep going back there and that you're on the mailing list for all of their coupons and stuff, which does come in handy. I don't shop there much without some kind of coupon because their prices for drugstore brands are sometimes higher than the drugstore (for example, 9.99 for L'oreal blush and you can pay 8.59 at Target or Walmart). Without the coupons they offer I would feel like I'm getting ripped off. :x

Another con has been mentioned before already: their customer service. The SA's at my local Ulta are freakin' clueless. You ask them about a certain shade and if you don't get the look of total bewilderment you get the "why are you bothering me" look. The polite ones will usually excuse themselves to ask someone else...but shouldn't they know the basics of makeup/skincare already? I try to avoid questions now cause they rarely know the answer...but if I do buy something wrong I'm glad for their return policy, they take just about anything back even if you open it. Anyway the pros outweigh the cons, and I'll keep shopping there.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2007 12:52:00 AM More reviews by ninny26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this store!!! I can find pretty much whatever I am looking for here. The monthly catalogs for members are absolutely wonderful with so many discounts. I am so glad the new Ulta store is only 5 minutes away from my place!!! =)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2007 11:57:00 AM More reviews by redhands

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not a high end makeup consumer. I but things you could find in CVS or Walgreen's because let's face it, sometimes the products are all the same and most of the price includes marketing and packaging of the name brand. That being said, I do enjoy going to Ulta because of the selection the store carries. The customer service is always there when I need it, but most of the time I know what I'm looking for.
I can go to buy Revlon eyeliner, Pur Minerals face powder and OPI nail polish in one place. I don't even have to go near a mall!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by w00t4makeup

It's an okay store, a bit pricey, but great selection including their own brand which is pretty good. They constantly have 20% off coupons (you need to sign up or something) which bring the prices down to reasonable. They have great holiday sets, I just bought one (+30 eye shadows, +20 lip colors and more stuff for $25 (and that's without a coupon))

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2007 4:34:00 PM More reviews by VQ13

I have mixed feelings about Ulta. I really LOVED Ulta when I lived in North Carolina. BUT when I moved to Texas, the stores over here are slightly different. I think it really has to do with management and training the employees. Dont get me wrong. I love the idea of drugstore brands w/high-end makeup. I usually gravitate toward the drugstore side becuase they always have some buy one get one free thing with a certain brand (which I am a sucker for). ALSO...they have all the drugstore and high end shampoos and conditioners! also curling irons, straightners, etc. I go here rather than sephora now. But I just dont expect to get the assistance that I once had. But overall, love Ulta!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

How did I live without this store?! For some reason, I never knew about this place until I saw an ad in "In Style." I started on their website, and found that there are 2 stores near my new house! Yay! Like other reviewers, I love that I can get high-end products alongside drugstore stuff in one place. I only wish they'd have reviews on their website, and maybe free samples like Sephora and Beauty.com

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2007 8:08:00 AM More reviews by nanshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Well, the reason why I adore Ulta so much is because the stuff there is moderately priced and you can get a nice mix of high-end products (Smashbox, Too-Faced, Bare Escentuals, etc...) and also drugstore products. I don't know about other people, but Ulta carries a lot of "drugstore products" that I can't find anywhere else (save the Internet). I've heard really good things about Got2b's In Your Face line of facial masks, and couldn't find them anywhere but Ulta. Plus, they usually have a much better stock for drugstore products than most drugstores. Yes, the price is a bit more than what you'd probably pay at Walmart, but I find the prices to be only a few cents difference (or at most like .50) than Target and it isn't more expensive than CVS; plus Walmart isn't exactly known for a wide selection of cosmetics. Plus, they also offer their "house brand" which is quite inexpensive and still pretty good quality and frequently on sale. It's like a downscaled Sephora in a much larger atmosphere (the Sephora I go to most frequently is so tiny and compact) and you get a good array of products from high end to typical drugstore fare. Unfortunately, Sephora is REALLY far away from me whereas Ulta is only a 20min drive away and I can pretty much be assured that they will probably have what I want...I can't comment on their makeup artists or their salons, but I do say that I have always enjoyed going into Ulta and will continue to do so loyally!