July 23, 2014 | 1259 users online

Other - Ulta - Ulta- whole store

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2007 12:52:00 AM More reviews by ninny26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this store!!! I can find pretty much whatever I am looking for here. The monthly catalogs for members are absolutely wonderful with so many discounts. I am so glad the new Ulta store is only 5 minutes away from my place!!! =)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2007 11:57:00 AM More reviews by redhands

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not a high end makeup consumer. I but things you could find in CVS or Walgreen's because let's face it, sometimes the products are all the same and most of the price includes marketing and packaging of the name brand. That being said, I do enjoy going to Ulta because of the selection the store carries. The customer service is always there when I need it, but most of the time I know what I'm looking for.
I can go to buy Revlon eyeliner, Pur Minerals face powder and OPI nail polish in one place. I don't even have to go near a mall!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by w00t4makeup

It's an okay store, a bit pricey, but great selection including their own brand which is pretty good. They constantly have 20% off coupons (you need to sign up or something) which bring the prices down to reasonable. They have great holiday sets, I just bought one (+30 eye shadows, +20 lip colors and more stuff for $25 (and that's without a coupon))

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2007 4:34:00 PM More reviews by VQ13

I have mixed feelings about Ulta. I really LOVED Ulta when I lived in North Carolina. BUT when I moved to Texas, the stores over here are slightly different. I think it really has to do with management and training the employees. Dont get me wrong. I love the idea of drugstore brands w/high-end makeup. I usually gravitate toward the drugstore side becuase they always have some buy one get one free thing with a certain brand (which I am a sucker for). ALSO...they have all the drugstore and high end shampoos and conditioners! also curling irons, straightners, etc. I go here rather than sephora now. But I just dont expect to get the assistance that I once had. But overall, love Ulta!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

How did I live without this store?! For some reason, I never knew about this place until I saw an ad in "In Style." I started on their website, and found that there are 2 stores near my new house! Yay! Like other reviewers, I love that I can get high-end products alongside drugstore stuff in one place. I only wish they'd have reviews on their website, and maybe free samples like Sephora and Beauty.com

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2007 8:08:00 AM More reviews by nanshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Well, the reason why I adore Ulta so much is because the stuff there is moderately priced and you can get a nice mix of high-end products (Smashbox, Too-Faced, Bare Escentuals, etc...) and also drugstore products. I don't know about other people, but Ulta carries a lot of "drugstore products" that I can't find anywhere else (save the Internet). I've heard really good things about Got2b's In Your Face line of facial masks, and couldn't find them anywhere but Ulta. Plus, they usually have a much better stock for drugstore products than most drugstores. Yes, the price is a bit more than what you'd probably pay at Walmart, but I find the prices to be only a few cents difference (or at most like .50) than Target and it isn't more expensive than CVS; plus Walmart isn't exactly known for a wide selection of cosmetics. Plus, they also offer their "house brand" which is quite inexpensive and still pretty good quality and frequently on sale. It's like a downscaled Sephora in a much larger atmosphere (the Sephora I go to most frequently is so tiny and compact) and you get a good array of products from high end to typical drugstore fare. Unfortunately, Sephora is REALLY far away from me whereas Ulta is only a 20min drive away and I can pretty much be assured that they will probably have what I want...I can't comment on their makeup artists or their salons, but I do say that I have always enjoyed going into Ulta and will continue to do so loyally!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

Ulta just doesn't inspire the makeup transformation fantasy. It looks like a cross between a charity hospital clinic and a Blockbuster - which is just fine if you're cheap, but they're not.

The first time I went in there, I not only walked out empty-handed, I found myself thinking "Maybe I should get a hobby." After that I just assumed that I'd either gone crazy or inexplicably turned into my own evil twin; so I went off to the Post Office to submit Change-of-Address forms for all of my ex's. Who now have their mail sent to Alaska. I get my wish fulfillment fix one way or the other.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2007 7:16:00 PM More reviews by melgirl9876

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an overall okay store. There are drugstore brands and some higher-end brands. The good thing about this store is the large variety of products they carry, and it is a good store for people who do not care for higher end brands. I have to complain about the prices though. The products they sell at Bed Bath and Beyond and CVS are significantly cheaper! Sometimes I feel like Ulta is ripping me off, but I just buy the products here because it's convenient. The rewards system is good, they give you points for things you buy and you can use your points for rewards. The customer service is pretty awful. The employees have no idea about makeup. Whenever I ask them to recommend a product or shade, they look at me like I'm crazy and go "I don't know...uh...try this". So yes, there are good points and bad points.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought I was the only one who didn't care for Ulta! After much fanfare they opened a store in my area, and what a disappointment! The product selection is good for hair and nails, but the customer service is so bad! I can't believe how badly I am treated when I go there. In addition to being ignored, there is always a salesperson following me around (ignoring me) checking to see if I'm about to steal something. I find this really, really offensive, especially because it is so obvious. Perhaps she could offer to assist me instead? Also, I went there once for a bang trim and to have my eyebrows waxed. Never again. My bangs ended up an inch long, and my eyebrows looked like caterpillars. I'd rather be ignored at CVS or Wal-Mart because they don't pretend to be an upscale store and they have the decency to watch me via in-store camera.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2007 1:23:00 AM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Well, I put yes to "buy this product again" because I do find myself still shopping at Ulta (because it is easier to get to than a Sephora since it is in a shopping center as opposed to a mall), but I agree, their customer service needs to be improved a lot. In my area, the salespeople are mostly teenage girls with snobby attitudes. I remember this one experience I had. I was shocked when this happened. I asked two salesgirls at the counter if they carried a product that would transform my eyeshadow into a liner. I was thinking of the Too Faced Liquif-Eye and couldn't remember the name, but the girls looked at me blankly and did not remotely understand what I was talking about. Very unhelpful too. The store carried that product so they should at least know about it. Anyway, I went to the Too Faced section and picked up a box of the Liquif-Eye. I took it to the counter and told the girls that this is the product that I was referring to earlier. One of the girls picks up the box, opens it, and takes the product out of the box. Then, she opens the product and APPLIES IT TO HER HAND. The one I had taken to the counter to buy!!! And she opened it and put it on her dirty hand. Ugh.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No