Pantene ICE SHINE

2.8

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Fragrance, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, PEG 60 Almond Glycerides, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Gotta hand it to Pantene for the great advertising & product name selections, etc. I've been dying to try this, even though the smell of pantene & the line in general isn't my favorite. Something about a shampoo called 'ice shine' seemed like it would be fabulous & make my hair nice & shiny. It ended up being just a basic shampoo. Cleans well, and that's about it. If anything, it seems a bit drying. Nothing 'ice shine' about it. I probably wouldn't repurchase.

The packaging was the first thing that attracted me--it looks soo nice! It smells great and left my hair feeling very clean. Other than that I don't see the "ice shine" probably because I heat style my hair and I don't follow up with the Ice Shine conditioner. I'll rely on more potent hair treatments for that.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this after admiring my boyfriend's sister's hair, and asking what she used. She also let me smell the contents of the Pantene bottle, and I decided to pick up some for myself. This is a pretty basic shampoo, lathers well and leaves my shoulder-length hair squeaky-clean and ready for a good conditioner, just the way I like it. The smell is really nice too, and although I didn't notice that my hair was shinier than usual, it was super-clean and felt great after blow-drying or air-drying. My hair is color-treated though...I do use a color-keep conditioner but I'm not sure if I will repurchase the Pantene shampoo quite yet. Watch this space for updates! UPDATE 11/13/06: I probably won't repurchase this because there are nicer, more moisturizing shampoos for my thick hair. This would be a good shampoo for a tween. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It was cheap as chips, left my hair soft and shiny, and eliminated frizz. However it also left it lanky and did nothing to help protect the colour. I've used up the bottle now and will probably try to find something more suitable.

I just used this product for the first time without the conditioner and I can really see a difference. I'm not sure what it would do to my highlighted hair in the long run though. It is SUPER soft and less frizzy then usual after I used a straightening iron on it. It also made my blonde highlights have some serious shine.
But after reading these reviews and seeing that there is Sodium lauryl Sulfate in here, I will only use it as a clarifying shampoo. In my opinion, that's probably there to help wash out the silicone the conditioner puts in, so it doesn't build up. I think this would be a great shampoo if I didn't have color treated hair. But I am sticking with the conditioner :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I am using this with the matching conditioner and I love both so far. My hair has never looked better. It really is super shiny and soft. I'm really impressed.

So far, so good. This shampoo seems to deliver as much shine as Kerastase's very pricey Bain Miroir shampoo. Leaves my hair with renewed vibrancy and vigor and makes it gleem, that is saying a lot, because I am not classicly a Pantene fan. Who knows, between the Clarifying Shampoo, and this line, I just may be a believer!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am obsessive about having shiney hair, so when I saw this shampoo I grabbed it! I am not one to wash my hair every day, so my hair needs a very good cleansing by the time I get around to shampooing. This shampoo did a good job of cleaning my hair, and leaving it shiney and soft. But, since my hair is color treated, I am probably going to pass this onto my daughter, b/c this formula is NOT for color treated hair. I discovered that I need to stick to formulas that will keep my color from fading, and Ice Shine, may leave hair shiney, but it is not doing anything to keep my color from fading.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

No No No Pantene! Why do you have Sodium LAURYL Sulfate in this shampoo? My hair is already dry and damaged. I don't need more dryness. I was silly enough to not look at the ingredients when purchasing this. I purchased this along with the conditioner (WHICH IS WONDERFUL BY THE WAY). I guess I'll do like a previous reviewer and just use this shampoo as a clarifying shampoo every once in awhile. What was Pantene thinking?

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

More Pantene hype-- the conditioner is excellent ( even if the ingredients are virtually, if not identical to Smooth and Sleek, Daily Moisture Renewal, and Color Revival). However this shampoo has some harsh cleansers! (Sodium LAURYL Sulfate) which can lead to hair dryness!! If you insist this may be okay as a once in a while clarifyier but I'd stick with White Rain xtra body as a great non-drying gentler deep cleaning shampoo that costs pennies!

Top Rated Pantene Products