October 21, 2014 | 1347 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - ICE SHINE

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2006 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Chickeys

I bought this after admiring my boyfriend's sister's hair, and asking what she used. She also let me smell the contents of the Pantene bottle, and I decided to pick up some for myself. This is a pretty basic shampoo, lathers well and leaves my shoulder-length hair squeaky-clean and ready for a good conditioner, just the way I like it. The smell is really nice too, and although I didn't notice that my hair was shinier than usual, it was super-clean and felt great after blow-drying or air-drying. My hair is color-treated though...I do use a color-keep conditioner but I'm not sure if I will repurchase the Pantene shampoo quite yet. Watch this space for updates! UPDATE 11/13/06: I probably won't repurchase this because there are nicer, more moisturizing shampoos for my thick hair. This would be a good shampoo for a tween. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2006 4:05:00 PM More reviews by aestro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It was cheap as chips, left my hair soft and shiny, and eliminated frizz. However it also left it lanky and did nothing to help protect the colour. I've used up the bottle now and will probably try to find something more suitable.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2006 4:21:00 AM More reviews by JenAtticus

I just used this product for the first time without the conditioner and I can really see a difference. I'm not sure what it would do to my highlighted hair in the long run though. It is SUPER soft and less frizzy then usual after I used a straightening iron on it. It also made my blonde highlights have some serious shine.
But after reading these reviews and seeing that there is Sodium lauryl Sulfate in here, I will only use it as a clarifying shampoo. In my opinion, that's probably there to help wash out the silicone the conditioner puts in, so it doesn't build up. I think this would be a great shampoo if I didn't have color treated hair. But I am sticking with the conditioner :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 1:03:00 AM More reviews by birdmadgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I am using this with the matching conditioner and I love both so far. My hair has never looked better. It really is super shiny and soft. I'm really impressed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2006 12:50:00 AM More reviews by cjenn

So far, so good. This shampoo seems to deliver as much shine as Kerastase's very pricey Bain Miroir shampoo. Leaves my hair with renewed vibrancy and vigor and makes it gleem, that is saying a lot, because I am not classicly a Pantene fan. Who knows, between the Clarifying Shampoo, and this line, I just may be a believer!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2006 4:22:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am obsessive about having shiney hair, so when I saw this shampoo I grabbed it! I am not one to wash my hair every day, so my hair needs a very good cleansing by the time I get around to shampooing. This shampoo did a good job of cleaning my hair, and leaving it shiney and soft. But, since my hair is color treated, I am probably going to pass this onto my daughter, b/c this formula is NOT for color treated hair. I discovered that I need to stick to formulas that will keep my color from fading, and Ice Shine, may leave hair shiney, but it is not doing anything to keep my color from fading.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2006 9:12:00 AM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

No No No Pantene! Why do you have Sodium LAURYL Sulfate in this shampoo? My hair is already dry and damaged. I don't need more dryness. I was silly enough to not look at the ingredients when purchasing this. I purchased this along with the conditioner (WHICH IS WONDERFUL BY THE WAY). I guess I'll do like a previous reviewer and just use this shampoo as a clarifying shampoo every once in awhile. What was Pantene thinking?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2006 10:23:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

More Pantene hype-- the conditioner is excellent ( even if the ingredients are virtually, if not identical to Smooth and Sleek, Daily Moisture Renewal, and Color Revival). However this shampoo has some harsh cleansers! (Sodium LAURYL Sulfate) which can lead to hair dryness!! If you insist this may be okay as a once in a while clarifyier but I'd stick with White Rain xtra body as a great non-drying gentler deep cleaning shampoo that costs pennies!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2006 7:00:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was excited to use this new pantene since smooth and sleek is so popular.
It's clear shampoo, and smooths the hair cuticle. So if you have dull hair or it's just having a bad day, this is really good. Love the smell, texture, and what it does. I wasn't expecting it to help, especially in the summer, . It keeps my hair smooth, shiny and soft. It says on their site "increases the purity of the hair surface, allowing light to penetrate the inner cortex and reflect light naturally." I don't know if it's a miracle product, but it's pantene and good quality.