July 29, 2014 | 2165 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by missy24680

Ammmazzing lip conditioner...i have really chapped lips all the time and nothing seems to help until i read about this in a magazine....wow!!! who cares if the tube is embarassing it works! thats all the counts....i wake up with butter textured lips...unbelievable you must try if you have chapped lips

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by aquaopal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Black

I was using this for its intended purpose, since I was beginning to get sore from nursing my newborn. Once I healed, since I knew this was safe for my newborn...I tried it on my 4 yo lips (he had severely chapped lips). It worked!

I use it for my chapped lips as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 6:31:00 AM More reviews by fahzybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG!!!! I CANT BELIEVE i didnt know about this sooner. I have very dry skin and eczema along with being allergic to everything so my lips go thru a cycle of peeling, itching, redness, cracking...its HORRIBLE. and when I try to remedy it with things like chapstick of blistex lip treatment, etc my lips are allergic to what is in those things and I go thru more cycles of itching, peeling, redness. However this stuff works WONDERS for my lips. It is gentle, unscented, and stays put. Best of all it moistens my lips overnight and stays put. Also its around 11 bucks but the tube is huge and will last you forever. I would pay so much more for the results I get with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2009 11:12:00 AM More reviews by korean

pro- you get alot of product for a good price, works very well for chapped lips, and it's natural

con- packaging is a big tube, and its nipple cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by annamgoss

I dont know why I havent written a review on this sooner! I got this months ago to use as a lip treatment because of the dry winter here, my usual lip balm stopped working. I now use this as my lip balm, thats how amazing it is. Its not greasy, doesnt smell, and works wonders on my lips, or any really dry area on your body. Its around $10 or so I think for a tube, but that will last forever. I put mine in an empty eye shadow pot. The only "con" of this product is its quite difficult to get out of the tube if you dont warm it up first but its really not a big deal. Im in love with this, everyone should try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by noturcheese

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this for my nighttime lip treatment. I always apply this at night when I'm in bed. I also put it pn when I'm at home. I had this organic boots lip balm with olive oil and I would wake up with really soft lips but 30 minutes later my lips would be very dry. Since trying this my lips stay soft and moustureized longer and my lips look pinker and healthier. Sure some people can ge the same results with other commercial balms but ingredients like petroleum only slightly treat the problem but make it worse later on. Also, this is pure medical grade lanolin and it is safe for babies to ingest it which means there is no harmful/ questionable ingredients in this product. This is my HG lip balm!!!! Thanks MUA for leading me to this wonderful product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 1:16:00 AM More reviews by tuongvy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the Medema Tender care/ purlan 100. I think this one is better than lansinoh as it is thinner and easier to apply. It can also be use as a gloss with good staying power. Best for winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by writemewhenever

AMAZING PRODUCT !!!!!!
thank you SO MUCH mua for telling me about this great product for my lips ! it has done wonders and i cannot thank you guys enough.
who would've thought to use nipple cream on your lips? i was quite embarrassed to walk into the store and purchase this but WHAT A CHARM.
this works WONDERS for your lips. no matter how chapped, how much they were bleeding, how torn, how eczema-flushed they were, i would apply a liberal amount on my lips overnight and i would wake up to nice, full, soft lips the next day after taking it off and rubbing my finger over it (to "exfoliate" and get rid of dead/dry skin).
this product is AMAZING !!!!!!!

the container for this is pretty annoying though. I bought the squeeze bottle version and once you get out some product, the product will not go back down into the container like a cream or lotion would. Hence, some product may get on your lid. I just put squeezed out a nice amount into a little jar and have been using it from the jar since (so i will not dirty the lid of the product).

the price of this product is actually VERY CHEAP if you calculate it per gram. it contains 50g of product for about $10 at walmart here in canada.
that averages to about 20 cents per GRAM.
whereas regular chapsticks that run for $4 give you approx. 5g of product = 80 cents per gram.
which means this product is FOUR TIMES CHEAPER than a regular chapstick.
please get this. it's AMAZING !!!!

EDIT may 17/2009 - this product is great as a night treatment but you could never wear this during the day. even at night when i wake up, i feel gross having put this on. it has a "sticky" texture and feels really THICK on my lips. that being said, it is still a good product to use if there is no alternative. a product i recommend over this would be the RoC enydrial balm (search lip treatements under RoC). i have moved on to this product and i LOVE it. i'll never sway =]

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by barnaclebay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I too was won over by all the reviews here. It worked great! I put it on every night, and then rub it off in the morning. It exfoliates my lips and keeps it soft for lip balm and lipstick. It can't work as a daily lip balm because it's too thick and goopy, but as a night lip treatment, it's fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 7:36:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thanks to MUA I tried this for my persistently chapped lips. A little goes a long way. This stuff is great. It's soothing, feels so smooth on, and lasts a good while so I don't have to reapply very often. It does get on my coffee cup in the morning, but the pay off of smoother happier lips is worth any product transfer. You need so little, the tube will last forever! A deal at about $8.50 at Walmart. (Best bet, use before bed, then less mess)