Lansinoh Lanolin

100% pure lanolin

on 9/17/2009 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

My lips have been majorly dry and flakey along the top edge for a while now (and it's summertime here) and none of my usual staples were helping (Bag Balm, Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream, Rosebud Salve). I tried to get my hands on Bepanthen Salve (which is not sold in the US) because its reviews on here are phenomenal, but I couldn't. I came across the reviews for Lansinoh which (like Bepanthen) is marketed as a nipple cream for nursing mothers. It's fantastic! The consistency is like a super, super thick Vaseline, but it's not at all gloppy. It's kind of amber/honey-colored and is completely odorless and tasteless and safe to put on your lips. It's 100% ultra-pure medical-grade lanolin (there are no other ingredients in it). I've been applying a thin layer before going to bed and it's working like a charm on my no-longer-flakey-and-uncomfortable lips.

on 9/16/2009 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product has seriously saved my lips. I was suffering from severely dry lips and tried every kind of lip product, including aquaphor, blistex medicated etc. This product is the only thing that worked and kept my lips moisturized and stopped them from getting dried out. I use this morning and night and I strongly recommend this if you have dry, chapped lips and feel like nothing works, this will!

on 8/13/2009 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is good for everything. Sure it kept my nipples soft and supple during the first year of nursing but it was great for lips and baby eczema too!
I bought another tube after I no longer needed it for my nipples. They're like steel now, even though I'm still nursing.
After my husband got over his creeped out feeling he started using it for his chapped lips on a regular basis.
I use it mixed with an inexpensive zinc ointment for my daughters eczema after trying dozens of baby eczema lotions.
I use it by itself on my daughters butt right after her bath to prevent diaper rash. She's 13 months old and has NEVER had diaper rash.
I use it to soften my heels and elbows.
I even use it on my sandwiches. Ok not really but it really is very versatile.
Lanolin is made from sheep sebum. Lansinoh's lanolin is purified to a medical grade.

on 7/21/2009 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

this stuff has saved my life (and possibly my son's, I had PPD) more than once, let's just say nursing didnt come easily to us. well I wont even get into all the scabs, scars, pus, and mastitis but this is also good for lips, baby buttski rashes, dry hands, lanolin is used in many lotions and creams, way back when some lucky lady noticed her shephard husband's hands were gorgeous and realised it was from the sleepy sheep and here we are today, with happy nipples and happy lipsies. if I could give this 12 lippies I would.

on 7/18/2009 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This was like a MIRACLE for my lips! And trust me I have tried everything! I read the review here and decided to give it a chance since I have tried literally hundreds of products, from the famous Carmex, to alll chapsticks, high end lip treatments, everything. The idea of putting something on my lips that meant for the breasts I have to admit threw me a little off, but I am so glad I did. Ive had extremely dry, chapped lips for as far as I can remember to the point that others notice and would tell me my lips were chapped. The consistency of this is very thick and hard to spread so I only use it in the night and wake up to super smooth lips like BUTTER. In the morning I wear Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Lip Plumping Treatment because it works miracles as well and has SPF 20. I've been using these two for about a year or more now and dont even remember what dry lips feel like! Try it!

on 6/15/2009 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bought for breastfeeding. Sticky pure lanoloin (don't use if you are allergic to sheep sebum - ha ha!).

Would not use for other purposes. Too heavy. Although - others swear by this for chapped lips. Hmmmm - maybe that will be how I use this up.

on 6/15/2009 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is fantastic!! I originaly bought this for breastfeeding (and if you've ever had the experience of peeling yourself off the ceiling during those first few feeds - OMG the pain!) then you'll have prob tried this as it is the best for sore nips. ;o)

Anyway, i've just rediscovered this as a dry skin treatment and is is wonderful. The texture is a bit like Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream, quite thick and a bit sticky, but used as a night treatment of for lips it is second to none. I get dry patches of skin on my nose (usually in winter or when I have a cold) and i've tried vaseline, Nivea creme, even body butter but the dryness came back. One application of Lansinoh before bed and my skin (used on lips and nose) are soft as anything and all dryness disappeared. It's a bit expensive (about 10 a tube in UK) but will last forever.

on 6/11/2009 10:25:00 AM

I love this product. Bought it based upon the reviews on here, and have gotten my husband and his male friends hooked on it as well! I have even started applying some to my cuiticles everynight before bed and it's working great as a cuticle cream! I bought a bunch of small tubes online and got some from another MUAer and carry one with me always. It's great stuff!!!!

on 6/1/2009 3:02:00 PM

Ammmazzing lip conditioner...i have really chapped lips all the time and nothing seems to help until i read about this in a magazine....wow!!! who cares if the tube is embarassing it works! thats all the counts....i wake up with butter textured lips...unbelievable you must try if you have chapped lips

on 5/31/2009 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I was using this for its intended purpose, since I was beginning to get sore from nursing my newborn. Once I healed, since I knew this was safe for my newborn...I tried it on my 4 yo lips (he had severely chapped lips). It worked!

I use it for my chapped lips as well.

Popular Lip Treatments