September 23, 2014 | 1787 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by mehmehmeh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this stuff has saved my life (and possibly my son's, I had PPD) more than once, let's just say nursing didnt come easily to us. well I wont even get into all the scabs, scars, pus, and mastitis but this is also good for lips, baby buttski rashes, dry hands, lanolin is used in many lotions and creams, way back when some lucky lady noticed her shephard husband's hands were gorgeous and realised it was from the sleepy sheep and here we are today, with happy nipples and happy lipsies. if I could give this 12 lippies I would.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Sirenas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was like a MIRACLE for my lips! And trust me I have tried everything! I read the review here and decided to give it a chance since I have tried literally hundreds of products, from the famous Carmex, to alll chapsticks, high end lip treatments, everything. The idea of putting something on my lips that meant for the breasts I have to admit threw me a little off, but I am so glad I did. Ive had extremely dry, chapped lips for as far as I can remember to the point that others notice and would tell me my lips were chapped. The consistency of this is very thick and hard to spread so I only use it in the night and wake up to super smooth lips like BUTTER. In the morning I wear Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Lip Plumping Treatment because it works miracles as well and has SPF 20. I've been using these two for about a year or more now and dont even remember what dry lips feel like! Try it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 7:05:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought for breastfeeding. Sticky pure lanoloin (don't use if you are allergic to sheep sebum - ha ha!).

Would not use for other purposes. Too heavy. Although - others swear by this for chapped lips. Hmmmm - maybe that will be how I use this up.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 6:39:00 AM More reviews by silvertips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is fantastic!! I originaly bought this for breastfeeding (and if you've ever had the experience of peeling yourself off the ceiling during those first few feeds - OMG the pain!) then you'll have prob tried this as it is the best for sore nips. ;o)

Anyway, i've just rediscovered this as a dry skin treatment and is is wonderful. The texture is a bit like Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream, quite thick and a bit sticky, but used as a night treatment of for lips it is second to none. I get dry patches of skin on my nose (usually in winter or when I have a cold) and i've tried vaseline, Nivea creme, even body butter but the dryness came back. One application of Lansinoh before bed and my skin (used on lips and nose) are soft as anything and all dryness disappeared. It's a bit expensive (about 10 a tube in UK) but will last forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by funnelbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. Bought it based upon the reviews on here, and have gotten my husband and his male friends hooked on it as well! I have even started applying some to my cuiticles everynight before bed and it's working great as a cuticle cream! I bought a bunch of small tubes online and got some from another MUAer and carry one with me always. It's great stuff!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by missy24680

Ammmazzing lip conditioner...i have really chapped lips all the time and nothing seems to help until i read about this in a magazine....wow!!! who cares if the tube is embarassing it works! thats all the counts....i wake up with butter textured lips...unbelievable you must try if you have chapped lips

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by aquaopal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Black

I was using this for its intended purpose, since I was beginning to get sore from nursing my newborn. Once I healed, since I knew this was safe for my newborn...I tried it on my 4 yo lips (he had severely chapped lips). It worked!

I use it for my chapped lips as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 6:31:00 AM More reviews by fahzybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG!!!! I CANT BELIEVE i didnt know about this sooner. I have very dry skin and eczema along with being allergic to everything so my lips go thru a cycle of peeling, itching, redness, cracking...its HORRIBLE. and when I try to remedy it with things like chapstick of blistex lip treatment, etc my lips are allergic to what is in those things and I go thru more cycles of itching, peeling, redness. However this stuff works WONDERS for my lips. It is gentle, unscented, and stays put. Best of all it moistens my lips overnight and stays put. Also its around 11 bucks but the tube is huge and will last you forever. I would pay so much more for the results I get with this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 11:12:00 AM More reviews by korean

pro- you get alot of product for a good price, works very well for chapped lips, and it's natural

con- packaging is a big tube, and its nipple cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by annamgoss

I dont know why I havent written a review on this sooner! I got this months ago to use as a lip treatment because of the dry winter here, my usual lip balm stopped working. I now use this as my lip balm, thats how amazing it is. Its not greasy, doesnt smell, and works wonders on my lips, or any really dry area on your body. Its around $10 or so I think for a tube, but that will last forever. I put mine in an empty eye shadow pot. The only "con" of this product is its quite difficult to get out of the tube if you dont warm it up first but its really not a big deal. Im in love with this, everyone should try it.