April 23, 2014 | 2100 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Oil -Free

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2007 8:53:00 PM More reviews by alicia_82

I've always liked the idea of a foundation primer, but unfortunately they never live upto what they promise...at least in my experience. I noticed absolutely no difference in the smoothness, longevity or overall performance of my foundation with this product underneath...it was like I had added nothing new at all to my usual makeup routine. I wouldn't use this if it costed $1, let alone $30! I returned it after trying it out for a week...not because it was a bad product, but simply because its a completely unnecessary product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by cmkneppe

Makes my foundation go on really smooth, and doesnt break out my skin, however, im not sure it really makes the makeup stay on so much longer that it justifies needing this product :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2007 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

I was so hoping that this would be my miracle product.....but it actually make my skin more oilier than i don't use it.......I took it back to the counter and the salesperson told me i might be using too many oil free products on my face that's why it reacts that way.......but i have combination/ oily skin.........i have to use oil free stuffs.....so i don't really understand what she was trying to say..............back to my search for my HG make up base.......

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2007 10:13:00 PM More reviews by magicinthemakeup

Seems okay. Can't tell if it makes a difference when i wear it under my foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2007 11:13:00 PM More reviews by cosmlvr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Laura Mercier oil-free primer is a very good product for enhancing the texture of your other cosmetics products. It allows your foundation and eye shadows to go on more smoothly and vividly. Unfortunately, I have oily skin and the primer caused my eye make-up to wear down. By the afternoon, I looked terrible with my liner and mascara underneath my eyes and my shadows creasing on my lids. A blunt male co-worker actually commented on how bad I looked. I finally stopped using the primer and my eye make-up looks alright again after a long day. This product is creme-like compared to Smashbox which is gel-like and, in my opinion, does not hold up as well. For me, neither item was really worth the extra step in my routine or the extra cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2007 11:48:00 PM More reviews by daisy888

Purchased this after reading the reviews here... i think it's a great product. Makes my foundation go on smooth and helps it last a little longer. Doesn't feel heavy at all going on, even over moisturizer and didn't make me break out (which is rare!)... will definitely repurchase even though it's on the expensive side.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2007 2:20:00 PM More reviews by mc82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first I didn't really see what the fuss is about this product as I could not see any difference, but after 3 months of use, I feel that this is a good primer, it is invisible, but it works quite well. I have combination/ blemish prone skin, and I use this over my moisturiser before foundation. It has a light, fresh feel, and does not make me break out. It gives foundation a smoother base and makes it last all day (I may need to use a bit of powder to take shine away from t-zone halfway through the day). I bought it for 27 for 50ml which is a bit pricey (which is why I took one lippie off), but I am not even halfway through my tube yet, so it does last a while. Update 5/12/07. While this is still good I cannot be bothered with extra step so I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2007 4:28:00 PM More reviews by waimingsiu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really like this primer. i use it under my tinted moisturizer. normally, i break out with lots of products but this one doesn't do that. goes on really lightly and i use it as a moisturizer as well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2007 11:50:00 PM More reviews by dollbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this primer! I have combo, hormonal acne prone skin and this primer doesn't break me out (Smashbox and Nars primers did). I use it under LM's new mineral powder (which is excellent by the way) and I can definitely see a difference when I use this as opposed to when I don't. I get better coverage with my foundation with this, because it lets the powder adhere to a base and spread evenly. This doesn't make me oilier, and is average in oil control, but the flawless, poreless, smooth and buttery finish this gives my powder foundation is enough for me to keep on repurchasing. The only caveat is the price, not cheap for the amount you get.

Edit: After more than a week of use, this clogged my pores and broke me out, and is going back to the store. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2007 8:16:00 PM More reviews by robynlc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Definitely a must-have product in my opinion. I bought this primer after reading Laura's book, in which is suggested using a primer. Laura says to use a primer because it helps set your foundation and creates a barrier between your skin and your makeup, resulting in less breakouts. I LOVE THIS STUFF. I apply a small less than dime sized amount to my face after cleansing and using moisturizer, and I've really noticed a difference in how my makeup sets. I can't go without it. Next time though, I might get the hydrating version, just because my skin has been drier than normal.