Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Oil -Free

2.9

Water (Aqua), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Isodecyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, C22-20 Alcohols, Squalane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Esters, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Allantoin Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hamaelis Viginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Cucumis sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Retinyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Polyamino Sugar Condesate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Chlorphensin, Benzoic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Saccharomyces/Xylium Black Tea Ferment, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Green 5 (CI 61570), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

on 11/28/2007 6:19:00 AM

Makes skin soft and smooth, allowing no dry pathes when foundation is applied, not the best for oil control. Is there any primer that works for that? I use this primer over dermalogica oil control lotion, they make a good team! The packaging is awesome.

on 11/27/2007 4:29:00 AM

Don't really feel much different if I don't put it before makeup.

on 11/16/2007 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This went on beautifully. My makeup application was flawless with this. It was impressive. A co worker commented on my makeup in the morning & how pretty I looked. The only problem was in a few hours my makeup was coming off. This did nothing to keep my makeup on longer and I know it's not meant to control oil, but it didn't help in that dept. Will stick with shiseido until I find something better. I could see where this would work well for someone with dry skin.

on 11/8/2007 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This primer works wonders for keeping my makeup fresh all day - i have oily, slightly sensitive skin and am prone to occasional break-outs. I like that this primer is oil-free and has no scent. It doesnt feel slippery like the Smashbox Photo Finish primer does so my skin doesnt feel greasy. This product spreads easily and smooths my skin well. The tube also lasts a long time and because of the packaging i can get every last drop! Am now on my 2nd tube and will continue to repurchase! I use this every day whether i wear my BE makeup or just use my Prescriptives Traceless tinted moisturizer because it makes everything last longer and look better!
12.11.09 - have to edit - this started balling up on me fro some reason - I have yet to figure out why, but have stopped using it for now.

on 10/23/2007 9:02:00 AM

I think this does help your foundation to go on a bit smoother and last a bit longer but I wouldn't say the results are dramatic. It's costly so would probably be one of the first products I'd drop if I was strapped for cash. Having said that, I have been using it for a long while and must have bought several of them! The oil-free version wasn't available when I first bought it so I just used the ordinary primer. When I saw the oil free one next time I bought it as I have an oily centre panel but frankly I don't think there's an awful lot of difference. Neither are what I would describe as oily.
The primer is odourless and colourless - the latter is a plus because I have bought primers that are flesh toned and this interferes with the colour of the foundation you put on over the top. It also glides on easily which is good. I have used Boots No 7 which drags on the skin and is very difficult to apply.

on 10/11/2007 10:25:00 PM

After reading the reviews concerning this primer, I'm surprised it worked so well for me. I haven't tried it under powder mineral m/u, but it made application of my regular liquid foundation so much more smoother and even, and it really did last all day. The pores on my nose/chin area not huge, but larger than I'd prefer. However, this primer seemed to result in a very smooth finish so the pores seem to vanish. For me a primer isn't a life or death product...I don't have to have it, but when I know I'm going to be out all day or have something special going on, I will go the extra step and use primer. I have combo skin and this primer makes my all of my complexion have the same finish without exposing it to any excess oil.
If someone has perfect normal skin, they don't need a primer, or really even foundation, but if you have any other skin type a primer will give you a normal skin finish. This particular one is formuated for combo and or oily types. If I ever run out (there is ALOT of product) I WILL be re-purchasing!

on 9/13/2007 5:42:00 PM

I must be in the minority. I like this primer- and I've tried them all. At first I wasn't sure if it was really doing anything for my liquid foundation so I just stopped using it- but I would be taking off a lot less foundation at the end of the day (it was rubbing off) and I was breaking out slightly. So this primer went back on! No more breakouts and longer lasting foundation as long as I stay away from heavy moisturizers underneath it.

I actually prefer Monistat anti-chafing gel if I am going out because it really does smooth your skin out for more even coverage- but continued use can break you out. LM oil free primer is better for everyday use- much better than the silicone primers that just clog you up- it's the one that I always come back to when I try something new.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm not crazy in love with this primer but I notice that my makeup goes on smoother and doesn't oxidize. Is that worth $30 bucks on top of my $50 moisturizer from Bobby Brown? I'm not so sure........

To be honest I dont see that this product made any difference to my face. I didnt notice my makeup stayed on any longer and it didnt go on any smoother. I felt like it made my skin shiny prior to foundation going on so I had to wait longer before applying foundation or blot first. Will not buy again as didnt do as I expected, plus its expensive :(

on 7/23/2007 10:37:00 AM

This doesn't do anything for me. I purchased it with LM oil free fondation and Loose powder in Beige. I like the foundation and the powder but the primer has no purpose for my normal to oily skin. DHC Velvet Skin Coat is a great base!