September 18, 2014 | 1889 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Oil -Free

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by SinfullyGirly

To be honest I dont see that this product made any difference to my face. I didnt notice my makeup stayed on any longer and it didnt go on any smoother. I felt like it made my skin shiny prior to foundation going on so I had to wait longer before applying foundation or blot first. Will not buy again as didnt do as I expected, plus its expensive :(

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2007 10:37:00 AM More reviews by jacqsheppard

This doesn't do anything for me. I purchased it with LM oil free fondation and Loose powder in Beige. I like the foundation and the powder but the primer has no purpose for my normal to oily skin. DHC Velvet Skin Coat is a great base!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2007 2:17:00 AM More reviews by sugarbeans

It didn't do anything bad for my skin, but it definitely didn't help or make my makeup last longer or anything. I'm sorry I wasted so much money on this. I wonder if we really need primer. I don't think I do.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2007 2:33:00 AM More reviews by charlene2098

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I thought this would make my makeup last throughout the day but unfortunately it didn't.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2007 1:28:00 AM More reviews by jackie84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i'm so sad this didn't work. for $30 you get a lot of product. a lot more than most. it did nothing. my makeup held up just the same without it. i think i'll shell out $30 on something more deserving.. like really a really good moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2007 8:53:00 PM More reviews by alicia_82

I've always liked the idea of a foundation primer, but unfortunately they never live upto what they promise...at least in my experience. I noticed absolutely no difference in the smoothness, longevity or overall performance of my foundation with this product underneath...it was like I had added nothing new at all to my usual makeup routine. I wouldn't use this if it costed $1, let alone $30! I returned it after trying it out for a week...not because it was a bad product, but simply because its a completely unnecessary product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by cmkneppe

Makes my foundation go on really smooth, and doesnt break out my skin, however, im not sure it really makes the makeup stay on so much longer that it justifies needing this product :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2007 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

I was so hoping that this would be my miracle product.....but it actually make my skin more oilier than i don't use it.......I took it back to the counter and the salesperson told me i might be using too many oil free products on my face that's why it reacts that way.......but i have combination/ oily skin.........i have to use oil free stuffs.....so i don't really understand what she was trying to say..............back to my search for my HG make up base.......

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2007 10:13:00 PM More reviews by magicinthemakeup

Seems okay. Can't tell if it makes a difference when i wear it under my foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2007 11:13:00 PM More reviews by cosmlvr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Laura Mercier oil-free primer is a very good product for enhancing the texture of your other cosmetics products. It allows your foundation and eye shadows to go on more smoothly and vividly. Unfortunately, I have oily skin and the primer caused my eye make-up to wear down. By the afternoon, I looked terrible with my liner and mascara underneath my eyes and my shadows creasing on my lids. A blunt male co-worker actually commented on how bad I looked. I finally stopped using the primer and my eye make-up looks alright again after a long day. This product is creme-like compared to Smashbox which is gel-like and, in my opinion, does not hold up as well. For me, neither item was really worth the extra step in my routine or the extra cost.