July 28, 2014 | 1895 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Zemdawn

My HG foundation I'm never switching! It's my perfect color in nc30. It lasts all day (excluding working out) . Yellow undertone is perfect for my skin. It doesn't crease or make my skin super flakey. It does a good job on oil control for a fluid foundation. Although I wish I didn't have to buy a separate pump I don't really mind. The pump is reusable and not too expensive. The foundation is a tad bit expensive compared to drugstore but not a lot to high end such as Make up forever hd foundation and more expensive ones. I love this foundation and I really recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by shaunaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think the studio fix is a great foundation of MAC's. I have very pale skin and NC15 was a perfect match for me.
It goes on very easily and smoothly with a foundation brush and you can slowly build up coverage depending on the look that you want. I have very sensitive skin, but unlike some of the other reviewers, I didn't break out (thank god).
The two cons that I can find with this product is, firstly, the horrible chemical smell that comes off the foundation, and secondly, that you have to buy the pump separately; the foundation is expensive enough as it is, so I don't think you should have to fork out to buy a pump to get the stuff out of the container.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Conflicted... my feelings toward this foundation are like Jekyll and hide... I like the medium/buildable coverage. For having more oily skin It keeps it at bay for a few hours till I have to use my oil blotting tissues. So I wouldn't say it's a bad foundation necessarily..BUT! However, like I said...me myself personally, am conflicted with this foundation because I do like to wear this but only for a "night out on the town" or for the "I am actually putting an effort in getting dolled up today" kinda days. Now, If you were to ask me if I would consider wearing this everyday and for it to be my HG foundation? Most Definitely Not.. As a matter of Fact, Hell No would probably be a better answer..If you have sensitive or acne prone skin I really wouldn't. The coverage is good with a semi natural look but it does feel cakey ...I almost feel guilty putting on my skin...and you can just smell the devious "I'm gonna break you out" scent all over this product..EEK.. So with that being said I think I can officially say that I have a Love/hate and more than likely (judging by the smell alone) very unhealthy relationship with this foundation 0_0 but the results are nice when worn, it can make your skin look flawless, so it's a major hit or miss. On a side note for this product It would be just dandy if MAC decided to stop being cheap and started putting pumps on all of their foundations...its very inconvenient for the packaging Hence why one of the lippies were deducted. and for the price paid Rightfully so. Anyway the verdict is...if you think your skin can handle it, it's a pretty good foundation coverage wise for special occasions and partying all night and such. But I definitely wouldn't recommend it for everyday use because it will break you out if you wear it all day everyday. and Like I said earlier, if you are uber sensitive skinned or totally Acne prone, Head for the Hills buddy Don't even think about it..

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Kayyy45

definitely not natural looking... It looks, feels and even smells thick and heavy. It has great coverage of course but that comes with a fake look which I personally don't love. Also the shade they matched me with is way too yellow. I think this product would be great for a night out or when you dress up, but i would not wear it as an every day thing. Too fake

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by kavmadge

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely brilliant foundation ..would definitely recommend to anyone to buy this product ..especially in the NC35 shade :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by QueenBee1217

I have acne scars from previous break out and went to Nordstrom to buy a liquid foundation to cover them up because my MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation cannot hide them anymore. I LOVE the coverage. But what I hate about it, and all MAC products, is this is the reason why I broke out! I was in denial at first because I really love the coverage but the longer I use it, the more pimples I get! Oh my gosh! I have the most terrible break out ever! I ran back to Nordstrom and returned every MAC products I have including the MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation, Oil Control Lotion, Fix Plus Spray! Then I was told by the former MAC lady that their products made her break out too that's why she applied to YSL! I swore to myself I will never use any product from MAC ever again! Now my break out has subsided. I regret ever buying MAC cosmetics.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really good foundation. I have dry, sensitive skin, NW10, skin is clear of blemishes. The color is very true to my skin color. The MUA at MAC said this is typically more for normal or oily skin types but I use the Studio Moisture Fix under it and it has not made my skin feel dried out at all. I have not tried it without the Moisture Fix under it but imagine it could accentuate dry spots. I apply this with my beauty blender and it blends nicely. It also wears a really, really long time. It is medium coverage and I use 1 layer, but it is build-able without looking cakey. It even has some sunscreen, woot woot! If Studio Sculpt came in NW10 I would probably buy that instead of this because I like the more dewy finish but...alas....it does not.

The packaging sucks. It does not come with a pump, you have to buy that separate for $9. I think that is a HUGE rip off for MAC to do that. I gave it 1 lippie for packaging. I gave it 4 lippies total because I wish it was better suited for dry skin people.

PROS:
very true to color, does not change colors on your face over time
natural matte finish
blends very easily, looks awesome with a beauty blender
very wide range of shades
Has SPF 15 (though more SPF would be nice)
Not very expensive compared to other brands
Wears a really long time, mine still looks good after 12-13 hours

CONS:
Jar comes without a pump - makes me mad MAC makes you buy it separate
The pump is ridiculously priced and sold separately
Not the best option for girls with dry skin

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Malika1380

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried so so many foundations from nars sheer glow to chanel lumiere to revlon to YSL and nearly everything in between and liked them all even loved a couple of them, but this one I always repurchase I'm drawn back to that mac counter and I know that I'm getting everything I want from a foundation. I apply smashbox primer light first over my moisturiser leave it to dry! (Very important to leave it to dry) then I stipple on foundation with mac skunk brush can't remember the number but seriously flawless results that last ALL day, yes the smashbox primer has helped a lot but this foundation is just something great all by itself will always repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by xoamarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great full coverage , didnt sit to well with my skin just made it oilier .

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by tvall

This has been my HG fountain for the past 5 years. That being said, I am not 100% satisfied with it and I keep attempting to try other makes and finishes but they all end up in the bin or being used up because I refuse to waste them.

I like:
It is thick and easy to work with
It lasts all day
It can easily be built to a flawless finish

I don't like:
That it can oxidise (not badly)
You have to buy the pump separately
Its a bit too matte for my dry skin - but then again it could be so much worse!

The hunt for a 100% HG foundation continues, I just want this foundation to be less matte and more hydrating and it would be perfect!