April 20, 2014 | 943 users online

I DONT THINK I WILL EVER CHANGE MY FOUNDATION
its just perfect.
good coverage,
lasts long on the face
easy application - annoying that the pump costs extra tho
good oil control
ok price

ive tried several foundations but this really has been the best. i use colour nw47 now
i would defo recommend, i can't imagine why anyone wouldnt like this foundation
it does exactly what a foundation is meant to do
must have!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Jemmarclarke

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Definitely my go-to foundation. I've been using this foundation for about 2 years now and I've never had a fault, my colour stayed at NC15 for the first year but I decided try NC20 when I started to get a bit more colour and still never had a fault. Doesn't make me oily, dry or sensitive (which I love) as anything and everything gives me dry skin. I purchase mine for £21.50 which I find a bit high in price but for a MAC foundation you can't complain. I will be buying my 4th bottle within the next month and I will carry on to purchase more. Love love love!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 7:04:00 AM More reviews by louodonnell

I bought this product a few years ago and absolutely loved it so I have been buying it ever since!

Although it is a very costly product it is well worth the investment. The foundation is very creamy but does not feel heavy on your skin. It is one of the only products that does not make me break out even though it comes across as one that would however this obviously depends on your skin type as everyone is different.

When you put the foundation on it has one of the highest coverage I have ever used even if it states that it only has a medium coverage. Not only does it have a high coverage but when you use it, it does not turn your skin orange like a lot of other foundations.

The foundation color that I bought was NC15 which is best for pale people with yellow undertones where as NW15 is perfect for pale people with pink undertones however because I have neutral skin which means I have pink and yellow undertones in my skin I bought the NC15 as a base and then I put a bit of NW15 studio fix powder on top. I was a bit unsure whether to use the powder at first because sometimes powder can look cakey however this actually makes my skin look 50 times more flawless and less shiny since it takes the shininess away from the liquid foundation.

You can put loads of this liquid foundation on and it just won't look cakey or orange which is why I recommend it to anyone. Obviously you can still notice a few spots through it sometimes however if you pat the foundation over the spot rather than rubbing it in then it will cover it a lot better and also powder will help to keep it covered.

I mostly recommend this to people with a lot of blackheads since they are unnoticeable under this liquid foundation.

Brilliant!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by CestBelle97

This was the second liquid foundation i ever bought. The first was revlon photoready, which I like but it didn't last on my skin. So I bought this foundation in NW 20. So far, I love it. It gives full coverage and a very matte finish. I wear it alone on nights out but for everyday i mix it with mac strobe cream. If you are looking for a long lasting, full coverage matte foundation, then this is the one for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by FredaKay

I got this about 2 years ago before coming to study in Australia. This was the first liquid foundation I actually bought for myself (prior to that I was sharing foundations with my sister). Anyways, this product was recommended to me when I asked the staff what they would suggest for my oily, acne-prone skin. They recommended this and they took off the foundation I was already wearing and put this on. I really loved how this foundation looked on my skin, it was a pretty good match, but my skin is kinda in the middle of most shades (I got matched to a NW25).

I've read quite a number of reviews, most weren't very positive about the product. But I had a really good experience with this product. I wouldn't re-purchase it because I have other foundations, but this is amazing if applied well. And if you know how to remove your make up well. It never broke me out if I wasn't too lazy to put in the proper amount of effort to remove it.

I watched what the make up artist used to apply the foundation and did it myself when I went home and it was easy enough (stippling brush so you don't end up caking it on since it's such a heavy foundation). It lasts a really long time. However, it must be said that the secret to making make up last is actually in your skin care routine. I always apply make up on freshly cleansed, toned and moisturized skin. When I'm going on a night out I'll always apply primer as well cause my face gets oily quick! So primer, foundation and powder in the t-zone. My skin looked amazing though you can't get the "no make-up on" natural-ness that loads of us crave with this product.

This product LASTS. I can wear this on a night out (so it's usually on my skin at around 9pm) and it'll last until the next morning when I wake up (about 9am). So a good 12 hours including sweating and sleeping. So it goes to show that it takes quite a bit to get it off. So I would recommend, oil-based make up remover, 2 cleansers (to double cleanse), and a wash cloth. That will make sure it REALLY comes off. And that's my 2 cents really.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by tanyanajar93

I was so excited to try this out for the first time. BIG mistake. Within 1 hr of applying the foundation it oxidized and my face looked orange. Not to mention I had applied it with a primer. Definitely will not be purchasing!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by ikmkeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: This foundation gives good coverage, and theres many shades to pick from

Cons: This foundation broke me out, I feel that it is way too heavy. People with sensitive skin should stay far away from this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by MsCadle

I love MAC! This foundation is a great everyday foundation. I wear NC35 and the color matches better than any foundation I've tried, and I've tried hundreds. It doesn't cake, doesn't get oily, doesn't cause my skin to break out. I wish it were a little more full coverage, but overall it's still my fav. I've been trying to find a wedding foundation that can beat it as far as overall (i want more coverage) but I can't. I've bought graftobian, cinema secrets, Lancôme, and Laura mercier but so far none of them stack up to this foundation. I do wish a bottle lasted longer. It's expensive for the quantity but I guess that's what you get for quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by BeckyFluckanizm

i HATE this product soooooo much
i love mac's skintones because they match me very well
most people recommended this product for a good foundation.
but i absolutely despise it
the texture is thick and only has a medium coverage
it MAKES PORES LOOK BIG and does NOT have a flawless finish
the scent is disturbing
it feels very very thick on my face and i always feel like washing my face when i have it on.
i hate this product soooo much, and it was a complete waste of my money

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by SPerk

I'm kind of disappointed in this one. I'm NW15 with oily slightly acne prone skin.

Pros: Good coverage, hides redness, lasting power, love the smell of MAC foundations

Cons: Very cakey, does not dry smooth, exaggerates and clogs my pores, unnatural look

I normally use powder foundation but I wanted to give liquids another chance. When I switched to powders there really wasn't many Matte finish liquids to choose from. So since there is now a pretty big selection I have started testing out the waters. Well, I picked this up via suggestion from my MA. I was impressed at first by the coverage and how great it made my redness disappear. After about a week of wear and a good look at my face in the mirror of a terribly lite dressing room I changed my opinion. When I got home I removed the foundation from half of my face and asked my husband (love doing this to him) how I looked. It was pretty obvious to even him that the difference was outrageous! I love nature make up and this WAS NOT. Will use this for special occasions but probably will not repurchase when I run out.