Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.2

on 10/2/2009 10:08:00 PM

Love this product! I use it to tight-line my eyes with Laura Mercier's flat eyeliner brush. If you put the tiniest amount of product on the brush, it will look surprisingly natural and will be easier to apply. Looking forward to trying more colours.

on 9/25/2009 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

HG eyeliner...

draw my eyes very defined, cat-like. this color gives me the intensity that i want!!! i have been using this for so many years.. i really don't know what i would do if BB discontinued this. This is simply the darkest black.

on 9/15/2009 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this as a set on Cathay Pacific so it came with both Black and Brown gel liners and a brush. I use brown everyday as I find the black is very black and looks too harsh. It doesn't give it a liquid liner look which also looks very harsh. The only complaint is the brush they provided was crap. I use a slanted eye liner for this.

This liner is so black, which is great because with other liners that I have tried like MAC fluidline or HIP gel liners i had to go over and over just to get the intense black that i wanted. But this is very black semi-matte very opaque color. I have a fold on my eye that sometimes with liners that smudge it will create a harsh crease on me, but with this liner when it dries it does not budge! I will buy again, but it is a little pricey for a liner but very worth the price.

on 8/17/2009 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product really does what it says on the tin, and wont budge on your eyes. It's very black and inky in colour in comparison to MAC's blacktrack. I think it is also thicker in constancy which leads to less mistakes. A good brush is essential for applying this. I dont find it hard to remove at the end of the day, my makeup wipes move it no bother (Johnsons if anyones interested). Black is very verstile too as if you want to alter the colour you could always pop a bit of coloured eyeshadow over the top.

on 8/16/2009 7:50:00 PM

i heart this eyeliner. color is very true, lasts days, easy application. however, only complaint is that each pot i've purchased (3 total) dries out really quickly! not sure why as my mascaras and other liquid/gel products tend to last as i store them, but poor bobbi brown long wear gel liners dry to the point of cracking, at which point, i can't get them to apply nearly as easily as before. other than that, it is a perfecto product!

on 8/7/2009 3:29:00 PM

Stays. On. Like. Iron.

What does that mean after a long day? You cannot get it all off! There's always a kind of residual "why are my eyes so defined and those black circles so freggin' prominent" the day after. And once that black is there, if you scr*w the line up, well, tough tequila on you!

It's the one too many margarita's effect . . . it was really good in the moment, but you just know there is gonna be a price to pay the day after.

ETA: This review is for the Black Ink only.

on 7/29/2009 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, this one stays as promised. Best eyeliner I ever used. I might choose an another color, black is maybe too heavy for me. You have to use a good brush for this one.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have tried several pencil eyeliners before, but they all irritated my sensitive eyes. My friend was using this gel eyeliner and I thought I gave it a try. It's very easy to apply and makes my eyes look bigger, which I love. I applied this in the morning, walked around San Francisco (I was visiting at that time) until noon, and flied back home to the East Coast. By the time I got home at night (almost midnight), I was very surprised to find that the eyeliner stayed put on my eyes, no smudges (my eyelids are very oily and I have watery eyes sometimes), and more importantly, it didn't irritate my eyes at all. I immediately fell in love with it and it definitely became one of my HG items. It is kind of pricey, but I'm more than happy to give up buying some cheap cosmetics and save the money for this one item.

on 7/21/2009 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this liner. It lasts all day. Even on my waterline. It is really pricey but me and my Mom share it.