April 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Masks - Oatmeal

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 12:40:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

Sadly, I get sucked in with the newest latest facial treatments/masques/cleansers with slick marketing and I forget that cheapest is sometimes the best. I grind oatmeal in my coffee grinder, use as a face scrub, mixed with yogurt and honey as a masque, in my bath with a few drops of lavender oil to sooth my skin. It is always sitting patiently in my cupboard and when I use it I know that my skin is not absorbing artificial chemicals/perfumes/toxins.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by elsbett

I take a piece of fabric, pour a cup or two of oatmeal in the center, and tie it up (tightly) with a rubber band or two.

Then I use this in the bath, squishing out the oatmeal as I bathe. I use this on my face, too, and the fabric works nicely as a scrubber, if desired.

I've had even better luck mixing regular oatmeal with oat flour from the health-food store.

This fabric-ball keeps your tub/sink very tidy, you just get the wonderful healing/moisturizing benefits of the oatmeal without the mess.

30 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I used ground oatmeal exclusively to clean my face for about 6 months, several years ago. Often I would grind up lavender buds, rose petals or chamomile with it -- just kept a jar of it next to the shower, reached out and shook a pile in my palm, then wet it and scrubbed away for a minute or so.

It did a good job. I stopped using it for one reason or another, probably just that I got bored because I'm like that, but if I was somewhere where I couldn't find an adequately gentle soap on hand I'd use oatmeal again, sure.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 2:41:00 PM More reviews by footballove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried oatmeal as a face mask and didn't notice any difference the way my face looked like.What I did is stir 2 tbsp oatmeal with 1 tsp of honey by adding a little bit of milk and water.I spread it all over my face and let it sit for about 30 min.,then rinsed it off.I didn't notice any difference in texture of my face,maybe my skin appeared just a little bit smoother than usually is.Maybe I did something wrong,maybe I had to use grounded oatmeal,because I didn't.Next time I will try oatmeal as a face scrub.As a face mask, it didn't do a lot.
UPDATED:
Actually,this is awsome stuff.What I did different than before is that I used GROUNDED oatmeal {grounded in coffe grinder}.I use it every single day and night {sometimes just once a day} AFTER I cleanse my face with face wash {I use it just as I would use Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant,because I like idea of gentle daily exfoliation}.I mix 1 tsp with water to make a paste, just spread it all over my face and wait until I brush my teeth.Then I add small amount of water and massage a little bit for gentle exfoliation,then rinse it off thoroughly.What I get? Calm,refreshed and glowing skin,bealive me or not.It isn't nothing dramatic and doesn't work like miracle,but I see difference.Since I started to do this every single day and night,my skin has improved.Even my pores appear a little bit smaller.I don't know if oatmeal made it or just idea of daily gentle exfoliation,or maybe some other new skin product I started to use, but my semi-large pores really appear smaller,even my Mum noticed that,yeeeeeeey :P.And that's the reason good enough to keep going with it.
UPDATED:
Hey girls,I might sound like crazy,insane,mental retard but I tried yesterday finely grounded oatmeal as a loose powder :O ..LOL..I really did..Well my regular loose powder falled on the flor yesterday,and spelled all arround the place.And I needed quick replacement.Grounded oatmeal first popped up from my crazy mind,because jar of grounded oatmeal is always somewhere arround.I took powder brush and just roll over oatmeal powder,blow off a little bit oatmeal powder from brush {did I spell it correctly?,sorry;my bad English},and spreaded over my foundation.I really looked like I fall into fluor at first,lol,but I toroughly took residue off with cotton/paper towel,and that was it.I was pretty suprised,I liked immidiatelly the way my face looked like.It was totally oil free,without shiny greasy look,my face really looked a lot smoother almost poreless.And my first thought after that was like yeah,right I am imaginaging,how come grounded oatmeal could be better than any pricy/fancy powder I've ever tried.BUT,my mom immediatelly saw a difference on my face and asked me what I did,so that was enough for me.Well,It might be just my fresh look that day,because I slept the day before really long,lol..I will try few more times to see if it really works.Also,I must say this wouldn't probably work for dark skin ladies,only for pale skin like mine is.I will say again: It is really important to take residue off with cotton or paper towel.
I just hope I will get the same effect it gave me yesterday.Aslo,can someone answer me PM,If grounded oatmeal will clogg my pores If I continue to use it this way?Thank You.
Aslo,It might not work for You guys,but I saw {and my mom} the difference,and I just hope It wasn't 'one day miracle' or my fresh skin that day..lol..At least,You can try it,You have nothing to lose.I would really appreciate if someone could answer me PM if this really worked for them {If anyone even dare to try this my crazy idea},as well If this will clogg my pores. Thx
UPDATED:
I might sound like crazy,but I found myself to reach out more and more for oatmeal as loose powder,lol.I just like effect it gives me.I don't dare to tell my friends about this my crazy idea,because they will probably think I'm insane.I don't wanna embaress myself,lol.But I will keep going with this incognito,lol.
UPDATED:
I'm still using it as a face powder :-O lol.I just like effect it gives me.

64 out of 81 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by alising3248

OH DEAR LORD.

This mask looks like vomit on my face, it made a mess all over my bathroom, and even when i washed it off there was a thick residue all over my face. (I actually think I left it on too long :] )

But by the time I scrubbed the residue off, HOLY CRAP was my face sooooooft. I have combination skin, and this mask was AMAZING. A little ground up oatmeal, water, and plain yogurt-my zits were dried up, my red spots were soothed, my cheeks were smooth and my skin's overall texture improved. Even my mom noticed!

I'm going to have to use this on a regular basis from now on.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by SkittlesNblowpops

The main ingredients are ground up oatmeal, honey and milk...I love this because it does soften your skin. I use this as a body scrub too! The only downside is its super messy...the ground up oatmeal can clog up your sink so I apply the mask, leave it on for 15mintues, then stand in the shower scrub down my entire body, hit the water to rinse everything off...tada! Smooth skin from head to toe and not so messy!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by stellarvenus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love oatmeal masks! I grind up Quaker Old Fashioned Oats in a spice grinder and add a bit of honey and water to form a paste. Spread it on and leave it for 10-15 minutes. My skin was so super soft and this morning it's even better.
I'm adding this to my regimen at least once a week.
Hooray for inexpensive skin care!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by SONNYA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My mom got this recipe from a friend that said this mask help her even out some dark spots she had on her skin, is a mix of half a cup oatmeal, about 3-4 tablespoons of honey & 1 whole orange juice. You blend all the ingridients together until you have a liquid but pasty consistency you can store in a jar with a lid and it should last you about a month you just apply it to you face avoiding eyelids and lips as with any other face mask and just leave it on for at least 15 min. then wash it off with warm water (it's easier to remove using warm water) it should leave your skin feeling soft and radiant I have dry\sensitive skin and I love using it speacially during winter time it also exfoliates your skin because of the oameal grains the paste has, so when you are rising it off do it using a circular motion, you will love the results.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 4:04:00 AM More reviews by dorkiexcici

thank you mua~and big thanks to those who gave reviews for oatmeal. i used this tonight, and i loved it because there's no stinging no drynes (btw i have combo skin, sensitive, and chemically ruined from use of glycolic acid and aspirin and benzoyl peroxide) so i needed something natural for my skin. also a good mask that will do a good job without any chemicals. i followed the reviews. and i used a drop a honey, milk, and grind up oatmeal ( i used quaker oat old fashioned style) ingredient is 100% rolled oats. i let it stay for more than 15 minutes and scrubbed it away in the shower. i will continue using this. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2008 1:55:00 AM More reviews by mg84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried combining oats with other ingredients to make a face mask a long while ago, but I never really made it a routine..although, I think I would like to start doing it more often now. For the last two nights, I have made a mask with oats, and i'm enjoying it a lot. I take a few oats (i grind them in a blender beforehand) and i mix them with either warm milk or water to make a paste. I apply this to my skin right after cleansing, and I leave it on for maybe 10 to 15 minutes; I then rinse it off with warm water. I use my usual moisturizer afterwards, and my skin feels pretty calm. I would like to try mixing the oats with other ingredients too, like plain yogurt or maybe small amounts of honey or olive oil. But for now water + oats works nicely, and i also love the mild sweet scent that the oats naturally contain. : ) I will update if anything changes!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No