April 20, 2014 | 1545 users online

Fragrances - Aquolina - Chocolovers EDT

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2006 8:41:00 PM More reviews by jaimewahoo

I agree w/ some of the other reviews that this smells more orange-y than like chocolate-but i really like it a lot. the orange-y hint seems to fade a bit and more of the malted chocolate comes out over time. the fragrance lasts all day just like my beloveded pink sugar. i like this. pink sugar is still my favorite, but this is nice too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2006 8:48:00 PM More reviews by jostrows

I bought this yesterday at Sephora. To me this is an orange chocolate scent with the orange and citrus being more powerful than the chocolate. I really like this scent and have been looking for something like this... Smells similar to Fresh Orange-Chocolate shea butter. It does not smell like Pink Sugar to me. This one is subtle, where as Pink sugar is not. The packaging is kinda tacky I think as well as the name. The bottle looks cheap and the plastic cap is hard to get on and off. I would buy it again because I really love the way it smells.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2006 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Bonnie2842

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Being as Pink Sugar is my HG fragrance, when I saw Chocolovers online I ordered it right away, hoping I would like this too. I love it! On me, it starts off orangey, then the chocolate starts to come out. After the intial chocolate orange, I get the same sweet musky undertone that Pink Sugar has. The drydown is sweet, warm chocolate to my nose. It reminds me somewhat of CSP Amour de Cocao, but I love this much more, as the CSP had an odd bitter orange juice note to it that bothered me. Lasting power is excellent, and it comes in the cutest bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2006 7:48:00 PM More reviews by ThaneFurrows

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So I bought Chocolovers on a whim. First I'll comment on the packaging... adorable!! It comes in a tube like Pink Sugar, but it's white with glittery (!) red hearts on it. Also, on Sephora the bottle itself looks like it has brown hearts on it, but they're actually red.

On first spray, I get a lot of citrus. Lots of orange and lemon. Actually, it's really similar to Pink Sugar when you first spray it. Same base notes. As it dries, the citrus topnotes become less pronounced, and a malty scent comes out. Now that it's totally dry, I mainly smell malt with that same musky base that Pink Sugar has. Truthfully, it doesn't smell much like chocolate to me. If anything, it smells like an orange-chocolate... a little like that one TBS had last year. Overall, it's nice, but if Pink Sugar doesn't work on you, this one won't either. I'm kind of sad that I get so much citrus and so little hazelnuts. I was hoping for a nutty-chocolate.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2006 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Karen1977

DESCRIPTION OF ME - Hair is long, fine, naturally very curly, Bottle red-brunette...Medium Reddish Brown.

Eyes are blue-grey-green naturally.

Skin is medium-light NC25. Skin type is combination, prone to occasional sensitivity.

Personal style is *usually* classic/natural, drawn to pinks, browns, and golds. Perfumes normally preferred are classics...mostly spicy florals or orientals.

PACKAGING -
Similar to Pink Sugar, but clear with red hearts. A chocolate brown heart adorns the top of the red cap. Bottle comes in an adorable roll-tube with red glittery hearts on it. Soooo cute.

COLOR -
n/a: colourless

SCENT NOTES -
Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lily of the Valley, Coriander, Hazelnut, Vanilla, Malt, Musks.

USAGE/APPLICATION -
spray bottle perfume, apply as any other.

LASTING POWER -
Seems to be just as lasting as Pink Sugar. Never had any issues with Pink Sugar fading quickly on me. This seems to be just as good or better in that dept.

OVERALL/BUY AGAIN? -
Aside from the stupid name...

Chocolovers, to me, is VERY similar to Pink Sugar. It has the same sweet, musky dry-down; and the chocolate note adds a bit more depth and complexity than Pink Sugar was capable of reaching. At first I preferred Chocolovers to PS, but after a while of wearing it, decided that I like PS more still.

When I first sprayed it on, the scent reminded me of if you were to take a bottle of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup and hold it next to a bottle of Pink Sugar. A bit "Scratch and sniff sticker"-ish. Oddly, I love it, though.

I'm not usually a fan of chocolate scents, but I definitely think they got this one right.

This is definitely a flirty, kind of fun scent. Nothing too serious or classy. You wouldn't wear this to a job interview, obviously. Nor is it an Everyday perfume. This is more akin to something you'd wear on weekends, or out on a casual date... even just around the house.

My husband seems to love it, though. He doesn't usually comment on my perfume, but he did say I smelled really good when he hugged me. I say that is a definite plus.

I would definitely buy this again if I ran out of it... but I'd be quicker to re-purchase Pink Sugar.

Some women *may* find this to be cloying, but I personally give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. If you own and like Pink Sugar, it's a pretty good bet that you'd love this too. As I said, there are definite similarities in the sweet musk attributes.
A safe bet to buy unsniffed if you liked PS.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2006 3:47:00 PM More reviews by tooblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The bottle is so cute, not impressive, but very cute. The inital blast was very nice...the malt, hazelnut and vanilla were all noticeable, but then the bergamont, orange and lemon notes emerged and I started thinking...hmmm, this is similiar to Eclix. But then, the sweetness emerged and I forgot about Eclix and starting thinking about Pink Sugar. The drydown...pure heaven imo, its very soft, sweet and yes chocolatey. My verdict: I love it!! The body cream souffle is very chocalate-like, and not quite as sweet as the edt....y-u-m-m-y. This is definitely a scent for someone who is on the fence with foody vanilla's, its foody but not overly foody like a CSP scent. This will be my new comfort scent for 2006!! And one more thing...the lasting power is excellent for an edt... and I like Pink Sugar, but I like Chocolovers better!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2006 2:18:00 PM More reviews by tanya01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Tootsie Rolls!!! That was my first impression of this take on chocolate fragrances. I like this a lot which surprises me since I hate Pink Sugar. I will use this when I don't feel like Coco Puffs (CSP Amour de Cacao) but still want to smell like chocolate. The initial spray I can smell the hazelnut, malt and citrus. The middle almost has a peppery note to it; not unpleasant, just unexpected. And the dry down is pure chocolate Tootsie Roll! This seems to be an all season scent, it's working for me in the winter but light enough to be worn in the warmer months. If you like Serendipitous, CSP and etailer chocolate scents be sure to add this to your collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2006 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Caramaria

Actually quite nice...spicier then I thought it would be...very long lasting. I spritzed some on my wrist around 330pm and it is still fully there...starts out spicy ...with the chocolate note not quite there. Then dries down to a blend of spices and chocolate. I have never tried Coco or Coco M....by Chanel...but, this smells as I have imagined those scents to be (if that makes any sense at all). Also, this reminds me of Chanel in that it is deep and sensual like Allure Sensual is. That said ...I feel this perfume will be liked very much by many of you. Unfortunately, it will not work for me (i don't think) as I was looking for something a bit different. I do think this deserves a try though - it is QUITE different then Pink Sugar. (and I do adore my Pink Sugar!) I put that I would buy this again because there is no choice for *maybe*. I have not decided fully on this scent if it is for me but, I really think it may be a great one for MANY of you! Give it a try. *bottle is SO pretty with its red hearts and red cap!*