April 18, 2014 | 1117 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by TayGraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is very cheap and very gentle. It doesn't foam and isn't harsh on skin. If you have acne I would suggest using it with a benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid treatment but I won't use it again because its kinda drying ! Try it out first !

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

I blindly tried this out because it's got quite the cult following. I don't like it and I won't try it again. As a girl who lives in a very dry climate, who doesn't drink as much water as she should, doesn't get a lot of sleep, and who enjoys cocktail hour (I know, I'm so sorry, dear skin!!), my skin pretty much screams out when a product dehydrates it, blatantly dries it out, or just irritates it. Cetaphyl dried it out and irritated it a bit. I will not put up with any product that will give me premature wrinkles. My lifestyle does enough damage already.

The ingredients are few (taken from the label on the container): Water, cetyl alcohol, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearyl alcohol, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben.

So, basically, there's only water, alcohol, a sulfate, and parabens. Sure, the alcohols included are relatively harmless for your skin. Some might even consider them beneficial. All right. But then there's sodium lauryl sulfate, which is a very harsh, irritating cleansing agent. THIS IS NOT AN INGREDIENT YOU WANT IN A "GENTLE" SKIN CLEANSER. That's when this product lost me as a customer. Cetaphil may or may not work for some, but I don't like it.

Plus, there's 3 parabens (they help conserve the product) and even though the tests are (so far) inconclusive, they're thought to have a direct relation with cancer cells.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Jaded81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is extremely gentle, but I do not like the fact that it does not foam, and my skin still feels oily, unclean and "coated" after using it. QV's Gentle Wash is far better!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Kibum

I have sensitive combo skin with an oily forehead and dry-ish rest of face. For the first few days it worked great and seemed to dry up some whiteheads on my chin and made my skin on my forehead less oily and less bumpy. It did make my skin feel a little bit tight but it wasn't bad. I would wash 2x a day and after changing to 1x a day for only 1 day my forehead became extremely oily again and i started breaking out. It left a weird texture on my forehead and the bumps started reappearing. It also made some red bumps appear around my nose, blackheads appear on my cheek, and the whiteheads on my chin came back. I would not recommend this for anyone with oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Ginger4233

This was probably the worst face wash I have ever used, at least for me it was. This broke me out so bad. I basically break out once in a while and its only a pimple or 2. But once I started using this my whole forehead was covered in breakouts. And once I stop using it my acnes cleared right up. It doesn't clean your face very well, I always feel like my fave is still dirty after washing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by rawrer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gentle and cleanses well. But it will not remove make up straight off - so you might need to use some oil/make up remover before using Cetaphil. Otherwise, not drying - which is great! Using it in conjunction with the Cetaphil moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by lizrocks8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A great cleanser. The best thing is that it doesn't give your skin that stripped feeling and doesn't irritate your eyes. I like that it has no scent and the texture is not too thick nor too runny. I use this to cleanse my skin after removing my make-up with a baby wipe and on my eyes to rinse off the coconut oil I use to remove eye make-up.
I previously used this to remove make-up but it was not removing all the make-up. It would be fine to remove make-up on someone who wears very light make-up.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Fallingtowonderland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is great when i want to get rid of flaky skin, but if my skin is fine and smooth this cleanser feels like acid on my face. It also makes my skin very red and feel really tight. If i dont put a moistruizer right after i use this then my skin gets flaky again or really really dry. The only good quality of it is that it gets my face clean and it really good to use to get makeup off. Other then that i will probably never repurchase it again. If you have sensitive skin then be cautious if you buy this because its not worth having your face burn just to have it clean. If you need a cleanser i recommend a Aveeno one instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Neivahismyname

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff so much! I use this twice a day.. In the morning and after I take my makeup off with coconut oil at night! It got rid of my little black heads around my nose and I love how it doesn't make my skin dry! I get excema on my face and this keeps it mostly away. It also doesn't sting if you get it in your eyes! I use it after the coconut oil to wash it off and it takes away the rest of my makeup (not waterproof though).

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by girly2222

I tried this cetaphil cleanser it plumped up my skin it was smooth I thought it would work.:0( three days later I noticed some red bumps like in clusters they kept coming out here and there each day new ones appeared, I keep putting alcohol on them, it flattened the red bumps out, but they kept showing up in other parts of my face.it was the plumped up skin still had the moisturizer sunk in my skin.so this does hold moisture under the skin but is taking days to go away.I won't repurchase this. UPDATE:The day I wrote this I decided the alcohol just was not working I decided to try dickinson pore perfecting witch hazel, I am in total shock my face started clearing up within the hour by morning my face was cleared up.my face is awesome right now, plump, smooth, and clear.WOW!I do use the cetaphil daily moisturizer spf and that is great it plumped my sunken cheeks out I look 30 YEARS OLD again my face is AWESOME! I USE THIS FOR MOISTURIZING, DICKINSON PORE PERFECTING WITCH HAZEL FOR CLEANSING, AND PLAIN VASELINE UNDER MY EYES! And I look 30 again WOW I LOOK GREAT!