September 1, 2014 | 1391 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by xDevochkax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is indeed a very good cleanser for what it is: very gentle. That's it. I'm kind of surprised there are bad reviews based on expectations that this cleanser doesn't promise. It doesn't claim to remove makeup nor help treat acne. It also states it doesn't foam, so to take points off for the lack of foaming isn't exactly fair. With that being said, for those who are acne-prone, I do think this cleanser is perfect for use in conjunction with topical acne medicated products. Otherwise, if I use this cleanser alone, all it does is keep my skin's pH balanced.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by lipglossraider

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of all the raves and alot of beauty youtobe gurus where using this.

there are so many negatives!:

1. If you wanted to use something that will wash your makeup off in a flash, like after a day at work, even light makeup. this won't work. and if it does, you have to use tons of it!
2. has a consistency thats runny/creamy and does not lather very well.
3. skin does not feel/look clean after using this. I used a cleanser/toner after this and saw the amount of makeup that was still left on my cotton pad.
4. it doesn't do anything for oily skin. need something stronger.

postives:
cant really think of anything, but if you have super sensitive skin and dont use makeup then this might be for you.

won't be purchasing this again! cudnt wait for it to run out so i could get something else!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Sydk20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cetaphil is one of the absolute worst products I've ever used on my skin. First off it has a weird consistency that doesn't become soapy went wet. Second it does not clean pores out or makeup off. I could go on and on with reasons why Cetaphil is awful. Every time I used this products my skin would be shiny as heck and bumpy. I saw rave reviews and recommendations from people on YouTube and online about Cetaphil. I even bought the overpriced lotion to go along with it. My skin did not like it at all and I would never buy Cetaphil again!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by oilyteen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Has parabens and makes your skin look dead and gray after about a week of use

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cetaphil is a product of very clever marketing. I mean, a basic cleanser that has SLS and parabens AND propylene glycol to boot, gets such rave reviews and advertising - dermatologist recommended etc!

I used the trial version of this cleanser (which was also very expensive btw). First few washes, the skin felt very good - tight and clean. However, after a few days, I noticed some blemishes and general dulling of the skin. It did not glow like before and there were several small bumps on my face. Evidently, I am allergic to some ingredient in this cleanser and I am not surprised - given that it has so many bad ingredients!

It is an awful and super-pricey product - period!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by roxannefourteen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this way back my pimples showed up like crazy. Although it cleared up all my pimples, it made my skin dull. And I don't think it cleansed that much. There's no soapy and tight feeling after.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by Whitelighter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So far it's the best affordable facial cleanser i've tried. It's not soapy, doesn't have strong smell and doesn't dry up my face. The downside is it cannot take off my make up even if its not water proof so i need to use make up remover before washing my face with this cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off I've been a Master Esthetician for 15 years, and have also worked with some great Dermatologists,
This is a great product for DRY, and/or sensitive skin. Dermatologists recommend it for use on people with eczema because of how your skin feels after. Also, people with dry skin need the moisture, as it has a "lotion consistency", it doesn't mean its not doing its job cleansing the skin, just because it doesnt "foam". If you have oily skin, you need something that says "foaming" to remove oil. Also, I recommend something like Neutrogena facial wipes to remove makeup first, because this isn't a makeup remover, no matter what the bottle says.You can always talk to your Dr, or check the website to see what products they recommend for your skin type. I wrote a very similar review for Neutrogena and CereVe gentle cleanser. If for some reason it doesn't work for you, you're not out a lot of money.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by niftypineapple914

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very oily Tzone (think sebaceous hyperplasia levels), freakishly sensitive skin, and have had mild to moderate but persistent acne for well over a decade. I loved how this cleanser felt- it truly is made for sensitive skin in mind. My skin has turned bright red, dry and over the next few hours spat out excess oil after a splash of water, so know what I'm talking about. However, it completely clogged my pores over about two weeks; I began getting a crapton of whiteheads, and under the skin mounds pretty soon after that. I usually get inflamed, swollen pores around my tzone which then become clogged, infected and progress to acne spots, so the sudden appearance of white heads are not the norm for me at all. I also had a lot on my cheeks, and I can't remember when I last broke out there, its usually my only trouble-free area.
I changed nothing else in my regime at the time, and the horrible congestion and cheek breakouts disappeared when usage was discontinued. I do still use it and love it as a handwash, and I certainly won't throw it out because it's useful to have around for emergencies, I guess. But I absolutely cannot use this regularly as a cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Anita09

A just good basic cleanser.
Pros.
Doesn't leave your skin dry at all.
It has a nice lotion-y consistency

Cons:
It isn't the best at removing makeup (I need a toner afterward to remove leftover makeup)
Doesn't lather (It takes a while to get use to because most are use, I personally like lathering up cleansers)