October 20, 2014 | 2102 users online

Mascara - Mary Kay - Ultimate Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Amalzahir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this mascara, which is surprising because I got it as a gift and thought I do not need a new mascara - it lasts forever and is very smudge proof. I like the container as well - although that doesn't really matter. I prefer a washable waterproof, but for regular mascaras this comes very close and works great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2006 6:23:00 PM More reviews by karinatwork

Well, I had to try for myself. Been faithful to my Clinique Long Pretty Lashes for years, never gave me any trouble, but it didn't give me full lashes either. Now I wanted full ones, big and puffy and almost fake, and I tried lots of mascaras that were awful, not one that really did what it was supposed to do (what a waste of money!) The Ultimate from MK is nice, definivitely. It does what it is supposed to do, with the first swipe. Long and thick. Yes, it doesn't hold a curve, but that's not a big problem for me. I wore it all day today for the first time, and it doesn't flake or smear. I don't even need to wipe the wand off before using it (like I had to do with so many others), it works right out of the tube. No clumping, and no lashes sticking together either. I'm a happy camper now. :) + + + UPDATE + + + It's been a month now and I still think this is the best mascara I have ever tried. I have it in brown and black now, and I love it more every day. What a great find. Pricey, but worth is (and less pricey on Ebay!)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2006 4:07:00 PM More reviews by shimmersweetie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is surprisingly one of the best mascaras I've tried for dramatic lashes. One or two coats of this stuff simply darkens the lashes a bit...but if you keep layering it on, you can achieve very dramatic, long, thick lashes. There was no clumping whatsoever. The only downside to this mascara is I noticed a TINY bit of flaking on my cheeks halfway through the day. That's fine, since this seems to be the case with all the other thickening mascaras I've been using as well. Note: this is very similar to the regular L'Oreal Voluminous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2006 12:51:00 AM More reviews by getsinyoureyes

I have been using this for a couple of weeks and find that I really like this mascara, itís like Maybellineís Full and Soft if it were a more dramatic mascara. If you donít know what I mean, itís that Mary Kayís Ultimate mascara really defines my lashes without clumps, or giving me raccoon eyes like Full and Soft did. Ultimate is better however because it does all that while delivering more volume and length for more dramatic lash looks than F&S.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2006 10:28:00 AM More reviews by tech6858

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found eyelashes that I didn't know I had!!! It lenegthens and thickens all in one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2006 1:42:00 PM More reviews by ROCKVIOLET

This mascara is $15 which is relatively high to me, considering that I, among many other women here, have found tons of wonderful mascaras for half that price! alas, it's not a bad formula. I used the black, and in many of my pictures of myself in my profile I am wearing this mascara, however these are just group shots, no close ups of the face. I definitely lenghtened my lashes, I was surprised at how much I liked it, and though I rotate about 5 mascaras weekly, If ound myself using this one for weeks on end straight, without reaching for others except when i wanted COLOR. The wand is long enough, I really liked the curved applicator, and I don't usually buy mascaras with curved wands, but this was good. I didn't have a problem with this clumping, and it's not too much of a 'wet' mascara, messy, if you know what i mean. it was pretty clean, though sometimes difficult to remove if I had reapplied a lot throughout the day. I liked this mascara because even when I applied it at night on top of say..any other mascara I had on during the day, it still spread out and lengthened my lashes. Great pigmentation. I am giving it a 3 RATING just because i found that it is more expensive relative to its powers, and most importantly, the actual product didn't last very long, it dried out too quickly I think, I got one solid month of flawless use then it was getting dry and that disappointed me, maybe I just used it a lot more than I think.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2006 12:50:00 PM More reviews by DeborahTX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a dedicated Mary Kay fan. Been using the skin care and cosmetics for 17 years. However, I do not like this mascara at all! I found the clumping to be just awful until I started wiping most of the mascara off the wand with a tissue each morning. Then at least I didn't get clumping. But it also settles under my eyes by noon. I don't even apply on the bottom lashes!

I had no problems with MK EP mascara, but that was discontinued. I'm on a hunt for better mascara. Sorry Mary Kay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2006 3:25:00 PM More reviews by beaniewienie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

$15 seemed like a lot for a MK mascara, but this mascara is one of the best that I have tried. I got it in black & it gives me longer, thicker lashes without clumping, flaking or smearing. Washes off easily with my face wash, but doesn't run when my eyes water. Very nice mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2006 4:09:00 PM More reviews by ginanichole78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very good mascara!!! I'm always asked if I am wearing false eyelashes. I like the black/brown. My only complaint is the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2006 8:30:00 PM More reviews by cslone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I quit using the mascara because I noticed that I was losing a lot of lashes. My usual lash loss was just the occasional lash here and there. There is alot of clumping. The smart wipe technology that is advertised apparently does not work because I would have to wipe the brush off on a paper towel before I could even put the first coat on. I hate to hear that this made others lose lashes but I"m glad that other people have written these reviews. Now I'm very sure it was the mascara. I am now using MAC Mascara X which I like very well but Clinique's High Impact Mascara has been my favorite.