MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

4.4

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This was the first MAC product I've had and I received this as a gift. I love this product. The color lasted all day. I used this on my lid. I had a tan when I picked this shade out and I think it looks fantastic on tan skin. However, I'm pale again and yes, it does look orange-y. I should probably mention that I have not had my skin tone matched at MAC but in other brands I'm always the lightest option. I paired this with the matte shade Corduroy. This is kinda pricey, but it lasted me about a year and a half. Although I got this as a gift it lasted so long I'd spend my own money on it. And will buy again once I get my tan back.

Edit: I went to MAC a few days ago to get a concealer and found out I'm a NW20. Not as pale as I thought I was. Anyway, I also picked up another shade to pair with this eyeshadow and I think it made a big difference. It no longer appears orange-y to me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I absolutely love this eyeshadow! I wear it everyday and am dreading that I have ran out of my second pot! Will definitely be getting some this week!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this shadow! The colour is really fabulous, it's like my skin but shimmery which makes All That Glitters a gorgeous shadow to use both on it's own and paired with other shadows (it looks great with Satin Taupe). I usually apply it all over my lid with my MAC 213. The lasting power is great as with all MAC shadows! Also, I think this is first MAC shadow I have hit pan on! Will repurchase when I use it all!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Disappointing product. The s/a recommended this and regret buying it. I'm an NC42/44 and this doesn't flatter my skintone. In fact it doesn't really show up and I get a lot of fall outs (as its glittery and the glitters are quite chunky) even with a primer (tried urban decay and too faced, doesn't make a difference). It goes on unevenly on my eyelids and couple of hours after application I would end up with lots of fall outs and the shadow is barely there with some patches on it, on my eye lids. I think a creamy base is what I need for this in order for this to stay put. Not buying again and don't recommend for those with medium/tan skintone.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of my all time favorite MAC eyeshadows. It is a peachy beige color that is stunning! I love applying it all over my lid and running out the door for a simple eye look. It also pairs wonderfully with darker brown shades in the crease, such as Satin Taupe or Mulled Cider. For gals with fair skin it will pull a little more orange, which I know some people don't like. I will repurchase this for sure when I run out.

This is a pretty shimmery pale pink shadow. I do like it but honestly it's nothing grand... There are many other companies including MAC that have something similar.. I don't regret buying it and use it every now and then so I'm sure I won't be repurchasing it..

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Grr, I should've returned this when I had the chance. I'm sure all fair ladies probably know this by now, but I didn't make friends with MakeupAlley until after I bought this shade (this was my first eyeshadow from MAC), so I just want to say as a reminder: "All porcelain ladies, this color WILL look orange on you!" Yes, orange! ATG is a beautiful bronze shade (those with darker skin tones would call this color a pink champagne) but the undertones are so warm that it's just too much for me (I'm NW15). On other, darker skinned women, it looks like a pink bronze, on me it looks like a coral bronze! I kept it because when I do want to give my eyes that touch of warmth, I use just a basic golden champagne color on the lid, and SPARINGLY apply ATG in the outer corner (I don't blend it inwards, because then it would be way too much). The result for that looks beautiful, but if 14.50 is what I paid for a shade to only work like that, well, first, I'm never going to run out of it, and second, there's many other, not-as-orange shades out there that can do the same thing. The reason for my low rating is not necessarily because the shade didn't work on me, it's because this is known for being a 'universally flattering' color for every skin tone. I call bologna on that one, because it's just not true.

What a great colour! It looks bronze - pink - gold on my eyelids. It is a versatile colour and it matches almost every warm look! When I am in a hurry and can't decide this is the eyeshadow I pick, paired with expensive pink or satin taupe for the crease/outer V.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I actually don't like this eyeshadow. It's a very nice shimmery natural shade, but I just don't prefer the pink undertone, even though it's not very noticeable. I have another MAC eyeshadow that serves the same purpose of this one though, so I just exchanged All That Glitters for Shroom.

If your looking for an all over shimmery wash, then I'd recommend this eyeshadow. Otherwise, it's a very standard eyeshadow and you'll be able to find a similar shade anywhere in a range from drugstore to luxury ends.

This is now one of my favourite eyeshadows though when I first bought it last year when I was just starting to get into MAC I wasn't that fussed on it for some reason. Now that i've rediscovered it I don't understand why I didn't really like it at first.

Its a very nice peachy, shimmery colour and is also a Veluxe Pearl so the texture is lovely and very pigmented. It goes on very smooth. I usually wear it all over the lid with Mulch in the crease/outer corner and line my top lid with Carbon or Typographic for a nice neutral look.

Whenever I run out I would definitely buy this eyeshadow again.

Top Rated MAC Products