July 24, 2014 | 753 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 2:02:00 PM More reviews by bablondie32

They usually sell this onlin or vitamin health stores. I have a bunch on hand for craft making projects: soaps, scented perfume oils, massage oils, sugar scrubs, etc. I like to add my own fragrance and it works well for all that. Also I'll put it in an under eye serum mixed with jojoba and aloe oils. Great stuff. On my face? I probably wouldn't use except under my eyes. I'll stick to jojoba on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 10:27:00 AM More reviews by shyviolet

I am using almond oil just to try something different from my usual jojoba oil. I use this oil to remove eye makeup, as a hair conditioner/ serum, body moisturizer and facial moisturizer (in place of a conventional moisturizer since most break me out).

The almond oil is thicker than the jojoba oil, making it a little bit more difficult to spread around, but possibly a little bit more concentrated in its moisturizing capabilities.

I may prefer the serum-like consistency of the jojoba, but the different between these two oils is very subtle, I am noticing the same results from both. I will probably alternate buying this and jojoba oil.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2007 8:30:00 AM More reviews by sharmaa12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent multi-purpose product, as noted below in Spanish, and inexpensive (at Indian stores). After adding some essential lavender oil in the bottle, I use it as follows: (1) Twice/week, massage into scalp for five minutes, then shampoo/condition to prevent hair from drying out (2) Every night, use on face to remove all makeup, followed by mild gel cleanser to remove excess residue - no need for moisturizer afterwards (3) Use on damp body after shower. Many more uses, incl. overnight treatment for hair - have fun!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2007 10:30:00 PM More reviews by BavSnob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

my skin is very dry, even in the summer time. I actually have to layer my moisturisers so that im not flaking on my chin by mid-afternoon. I try to use the most natural products I can (although Ive tried everything else too) because they seem to work the best for me. I was using this oil alone for a while but it wasnt enough to keep me comfortable all day, so i found that i need to first use my moisturizer followed by a thin layer of this. it works WONDERFULLY! My skin is nice and clear (better than it has been in years really), it dosnt clog my pores and most of all my skin is moisturized and comfortable all day! no more flakies!!!

(I tried other oils (such as jojoba on top of the moisturizer and I wasnt as impressed at all.)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2007 5:22:00 PM More reviews by pilaras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

en spain usamos este aceite siempre, para muchas cosas, para hidratar la piel y para prevenir las estrias en las mujeres embarazadas. Con la piel humeda, no deja sensacion grasa, e hidrata mucho.
Siempre tengo aceite de almendras en casa.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2007 7:55:00 PM More reviews by NuMama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Liking this a lot so far for moisturizing my body after a shower. I also use it on my son who has dry skin like me. It's thick and velvety but absorbs pretty well. I'm hoping this will continue to work well for my super dry skin this winter. I haven't tried it for other uses yet (face and hair) but look forward to experimenting.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 3:17:00 PM More reviews by pnaranjos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I also bought the Now brand but I guess they are all pretty much the same. Id doesn't smell and goes on super velvety on your skin after taking a shower. I use it as a total-body moisturizer (I use a lot and put it on wet skin and wait for it to dry as I rub it in).
Also, when my hair gets too frizzy I take a couple of drops and after rubbing it in my hands, I touch the problem pots and they disappear.

Best of all, I know using this as a moisturizer has left my skin the softest it has EVER been and I know there are no nasty chemicals that I will absorb.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2007 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Ifke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

O what a great multi purpose treatment.
I add a couple of drops of primrose oil and have a great facial moisuturizer. Or add 5-6 drops of lavender oil and have a great massaging oil for body and face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Superhen

So sorry I discovered too late this great product...but thanks to MUA I tried it !! I use it on body after shower or on hair (1 hour before shampoo), it has no fragrance so I love it. So it is a cheap and effective multi purpose products. I tried it on face but it has not the same great result as Extra virgin olive oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2007 1:36:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a body moisturizer, this is fantastic. A little goes a long way! I use it in the shower mixed into brown sugar as a scrub, as suggested by MUA reviewers. It's not greasy at all, just moisturizing. *HOWEVER* - if you use this on your face, you take your chances. I have dry skin but I'm acne prone (my pores clog very easily from products that are too emolient) and this stuff was terrible for my face! I broke out after about 6 hours. (BTW, I'm not sensitive to almond oil since I can use moisturizers that have it as an ingredient). So, the verdict? It's cheap, not scented, excellent as a moisturizer - just be sure to test a small area on your face if you want to use it as a facial moisturizer.