December 21, 2014 | 1223 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by sarah1nicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was recommended this by the SA at Lush. She told me this was a multiple use product, and could be used to moisturize hands and feet as well as your rough spots such as elbows and knees and as a lip treatment. I work at a hospital, and deal with a lot of paperwork. So my hands are extremely dry. At only $15, I asked myself why not? I got home and immediately tried this product. The sales woman told me to apply at night before bed time, because Lemony Flutter is awfully greasy, and absorbs bests overnight. I chose to apply before I watched a movie, and surprisingly it absorbed in about 30 minutes. The smell doesn't bother me as much as other reviewers have stated. I didn't like it as a lip treatment, but it worked great as a hand and foot moisturizer. That was, until I missed an application on the third night of using it. The next morning, my hands were drier than ever. My feet were peeling. I can't explain it, but this stuff only works if you keep using it. I don't have the time to be applying this faithfully every night. And I most certainly can't apply this during the day - grease alert! So in conclusion, I would have given this product 5 lippies, if it weren't for the fact that you have to use it constantly. Not worth the $15 IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by shrimpski

I bought this because I heard so many good things about it, as well as needing a good cuticle cream as mine are incredibly dry causing splitting, pain and bad things in general!

In Australia, this retails for $15.95 which isn't cheap considering how small the pot is. I was even more disappointed to see the product was only filled up 3/4 of the pot. If it had been filled all the way, it would've been better value for money.
Having said that, it will last a long time. One teeny swipe of the product could easily be enough to rub into three nails. The texture is really thick, but melts easily with the heat of your skin, kind of like a massage bar.

The smell I wasn't too sure about. I'm not really a fan of anything lemon; lollies, beauty products, household products, etc - don't like it! It first reminded me of a household cleaner, maybe like lemon dishwashing liquid. It's a very strong, 'woah' kind of scent. Despite not liking lemon, this particular lemon scent is growing on me.

As far as moisturisation goes, I'm not sure just yet. It doesn't seem to sink into the skin quickly and leaves a shiny 'greasy' film on my fingers around my nails/cuticles, despite trying to rub it in well. I feel I have to reapply this numerous times as my cuticles still seem hard and dry. I've tried doing nothing with my hands for 10 minutes to let the butter soak in, but my cuticles and the skin around my nails seem dry still. I think I need to try and find something more intense, but I will use this up first. I will edit this and update if I see a big difference in my cuticles dryness.

Would I repurchase? Possibly if I couldn't find anything else!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by lovealways

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Firstly, the smell of this product is just AMAZING, I want to eat the whole jar! I love the paste texture of this and a little goes a long way which is great. The only con is the price.. It is quite expensive however you do get alot of product and I would imagine that this will last me a very long time. Overall a great cuticle butter, I will definately repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by cr4ckthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love. The smell of this butter is so wonderful; perfectly lemony and zesty! And the scent does last for a long time... although almost too long. It gets sort of annoying after a while, to be honest. The effects are great though - I use it on my cuticles and my dry elbows and it does just the trick!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Dori319

This is my favorite cuticle moisturizer. Lemony Flutter is a really thick and creamy moisturizer that smells like creamy lemon zest.. whenever I smell this I feel like I'm walking into a kitchen where a lemony dessert id being baked. Smells so yummy though I have heard some people complain that after a while the smell is so strong that it turns from sweet to sour and gives them a headache, luckily this isn't a problem for me. Lemony Flutter is very moisturizing and because its thick it stays in place and rubs in nicely. Even after I wash my hands I can feel some LF on my cuticles and smell it. This has really helps my cuticles stay in good shape when I use it often (once or twice a day). 4 lippies was given cause of the high price and the fact that you get so much product that is hard to use up by the time the expiration date rolls around.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by blackberrypatch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a gift. It's fine. It's not better or worse than the Burt's Bees cuticle balm, which I've also tried. I just prefer using regular shea butter or hand lotion though, they are cheaper and work better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by lushpaperbaggie

This is soooooo lovely! It's super softening and smells like lemon sorbet. you can use it for elbows and knees and all sorts......definitely get tis if you haven't already! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by tori8780

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not my favorite product. Its really greasy and doesnt sink in well at all. The only thing I like about this is the smell. I would not repurchase this, there are better cuticle balms out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Shabby413

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While I agree that this is a great cutcile cream, I find that the scent is a little strong for me. It wears off after awhile but not soon enough for me.
I wish they made a fragrance free version because the cream itself is really excellent.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by steffels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the most gorgeous thing ever for cuticles. I've been using it for almost a year now.. rubbing it in a few times a day and my nails and cuticles are the best they have been. One tub lasts me around half a year with regular use which makes it pretty good value.
I recently purchased a new jar and one ingredient seems to be different. My old tub contains hydrogenated palm kernel oil while in the new tub it is replaced with extra virgin coconut oil. The texture is definitely different - a little more solid and its a little less on the greasy side. I can also definitely smell a hint of coconut that I couldn't in the old tub.
It doesn't seem to affect anything else however and Lemony Flutter remains my favourite cuticle cream.