Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.1

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 5/14/2006 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

First of all, the stuff is absolutely HG. I am brown-skinned and all powders wash me out, translucent or not. Not this one. It truly is invisible, yet it smooths out the skin ever so slightly and offers a surprising amount of evening capacity. It makes the skin silky smooth, with or without a foundation underneath. I am waiting for EM to get in some darker colors (soon), so I can't really use the semi-matte powder (though I LOVE it), but I found that this finishing powder can go over my MAC powder quite well. It actually gives my face a finish that looks kind of gauzy like a portrait with special effects.
I should add that this company has, hands down, the best customer service department I have ever seen. Period. I will be purchasing the full size, a blush, and a 2 colors when the darker shades come out. I highly recommend the finishing powder as a staple for any makeup case.:)

on 5/14/2006 10:44:00 PM

So how great is this company? They offer a free sampler kit (you only have to pay $4.00 for shipping) with your choice of 3 foundations, one concealer and one blush- and the samples are HUGE! They come in 5 gram jars that are absolutely packed full. And now on to the Finishing Dust (similar but superior to BE's Mineral Veil). I chose it as my free concealer, and I'm very impressed by the quality of it. Mineral Veil seemed to sit on top of my BE foundation, making my face even more cakey and mask-like. But this Finishing Dust seems to blend seamlessly into the foundation, just removing any excess shine. I love to use it by itself, too, over a little moisturizer. It kind of blurs any imperfections without making my face look too "done". All in all, I'm really impressed by this company. They ship fast, cost less, and have products that are actually superior to BE's. I'm so glad I heard about them here!!!

on 5/9/2006 10:56:00 AM

Love this stuff, it never looks cakey or powdery, fights shine and lasts. It really does give a soft focus finish. Definitely going to be a staple in my make up drawer.

on 5/9/2006 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I hated BE's mineral veil. It made my face tight and made me look as if I'd powdered myself with wheat flour. After trying it maybe 5 times I emptied the sifter jar and used it for a blush that had broken... Anyway, this is totally different! I smoothes down shine immediately yet it doesn't show, it doesn't make my skin feel tight and dry, and its effects last a long time. Great product for a very low price.

on 4/22/2006 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I can't say that I liked BE's mineral veil because it felt heavy and cakey on my skin when I used it so I hardly ever put it on...but EM's finishing dust is totally great! It doesn't feel heavy or cakey at all! And it does what it's supposed to, reduce the look of pores and absorb oil. It doesn't make your face all white either because of the color of the powder..it just dissappears into your skin and does its work. I love this makeup line...I would recommend this to everyone!

can i just say "wowza!" !? i've never been a powder girl - always dry and rarely liked the way powder looked on my skin, and i've tried a fair number of them - trying to be a powder girl! well this - called finishing dust, actually -is IT - this stuff doesn't show up AT ALL on my skin - just evens me out in the most lovely, comfortable way. i've been waiting to see if everyday minerals brand will be listed on its own, but i just couldn't wait any more to tell you about this good stuff. i love it over e.m.'s mineral foundation, over my sue devitt seaweed foundation, or on its own when i'm in a rush or being lazy. super value, astoundingly fast & friendly customer service from the maker - really can't say enough good things about this stuff (obviously). check it out at www.everydayminerals.com

on 4/22/2006 5:41:00 PM

I love this! I've never tried BE's mineral veil, but I do use the BE foundation which got oily and shiny for me as the day went on. I bought the everyday minerals on ebay for about 8 bucks, and it's great! the jar is really big, and it really blends into the skin, and I'm so happy with it!!! It totally soaks up the shine and oil, and it seriously lasts all day, and works!!! The packaging could be a better, not as sturdy as the BE brand, and the minerals can get caught in the lid, and spill as you open the jar, and sometimes the jar lid gets stuck a bit, but overall, I would repurchase again b/c it works great, and much cheaper compared to BE. I bought the everyday minerals foundation in the same color as my BE color, so can't wait to get that and try it!

Feels like silk and definitely not irritating like BE's mineral veil. Of course, the price is awesome as well. Melts right into the skin. I honestly think I could keep applying this and buffing it in and it would never look like my pressed powders.

on 4/16/2006 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this is awesome. i thought i wouldn't use it b/c my skin is kind of dry, but this really works for me. i dust a tiny, tiny amount on and it just smooths out my skin and makes the em fndtn wear all day and all night. beautiful and the price is right! much better than BE's mineral veil which i couldn't even use.

on 4/13/2006 6:48:00 PM

Flawless -- this powder provides just the right balance of making your skin appear both natural yet flawless (coz who among us are blessed to have naturally airbrushed skin?). It sets the mineral foundation wonderfully.

Recommended for Normal Skin