October 25, 2014 | 1112 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Finishing Dust

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2006 10:44:00 PM More reviews by melbloom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So how great is this company? They offer a free sampler kit (you only have to pay $4.00 for shipping) with your choice of 3 foundations, one concealer and one blush- and the samples are HUGE! They come in 5 gram jars that are absolutely packed full. And now on to the Finishing Dust (similar but superior to BE's Mineral Veil). I chose it as my free concealer, and I'm very impressed by the quality of it. Mineral Veil seemed to sit on top of my BE foundation, making my face even more cakey and mask-like. But this Finishing Dust seems to blend seamlessly into the foundation, just removing any excess shine. I love to use it by itself, too, over a little moisturizer. It kind of blurs any imperfections without making my face look too "done". All in all, I'm really impressed by this company. They ship fast, cost less, and have products that are actually superior to BE's. I'm so glad I heard about them here!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2006 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Daisy1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff, it never looks cakey or powdery, fights shine and lasts. It really does give a soft focus finish. Definitely going to be a staple in my make up drawer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2006 4:48:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hated BE's mineral veil. It made my face tight and made me look as if I'd powdered myself with wheat flour. After trying it maybe 5 times I emptied the sifter jar and used it for a blush that had broken... Anyway, this is totally different! I smoothes down shine immediately yet it doesn't show, it doesn't make my skin feel tight and dry, and its effects last a long time. Great product for a very low price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2006 7:51:00 PM More reviews by rubyred719

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't say that I liked BE's mineral veil because it felt heavy and cakey on my skin when I used it so I hardly ever put it on...but EM's finishing dust is totally great! It doesn't feel heavy or cakey at all! And it does what it's supposed to, reduce the look of pores and absorb oil. It doesn't make your face all white either because of the color of the powder..it just dissappears into your skin and does its work. I love this makeup line...I would recommend this to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2006 7:15:00 PM More reviews by melindamelinda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

can i just say "wowza!" !? i've never been a powder girl - always dry and rarely liked the way powder looked on my skin, and i've tried a fair number of them - trying to be a powder girl! well this - called finishing dust, actually -is IT - this stuff doesn't show up AT ALL on my skin - just evens me out in the most lovely, comfortable way. i've been waiting to see if everyday minerals brand will be listed on its own, but i just couldn't wait any more to tell you about this good stuff. i love it over e.m.'s mineral foundation, over my sue devitt seaweed foundation, or on its own when i'm in a rush or being lazy. super value, astoundingly fast & friendly customer service from the maker - really can't say enough good things about this stuff (obviously). check it out at www.everydayminerals.com

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2006 5:41:00 PM More reviews by lzingzang

I love this! I've never tried BE's mineral veil, but I do use the BE foundation which got oily and shiny for me as the day went on. I bought the everyday minerals on ebay for about 8 bucks, and it's great! the jar is really big, and it really blends into the skin, and I'm so happy with it!!! It totally soaks up the shine and oil, and it seriously lasts all day, and works!!! The packaging could be a better, not as sturdy as the BE brand, and the minerals can get caught in the lid, and spill as you open the jar, and sometimes the jar lid gets stuck a bit, but overall, I would repurchase again b/c it works great, and much cheaper compared to BE. I bought the everyday minerals foundation in the same color as my BE color, so can't wait to get that and try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2006 5:28:00 PM More reviews by adornedwithgrace

Feels like silk and definitely not irritating like BE's mineral veil. Of course, the price is awesome as well. Melts right into the skin. I honestly think I could keep applying this and buffing it in and it would never look like my pressed powders.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2006 10:13:00 AM More reviews by faeryglitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is awesome. i thought i wouldn't use it b/c my skin is kind of dry, but this really works for me. i dust a tiny, tiny amount on and it just smooths out my skin and makes the em fndtn wear all day and all night. beautiful and the price is right! much better than BE's mineral veil which i couldn't even use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2006 6:48:00 PM More reviews by lbake

Flawless -- this powder provides just the right balance of making your skin appear both natural yet flawless (coz who among us are blessed to have naturally airbrushed skin?). It sets the mineral foundation wonderfully.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2006 9:24:00 PM More reviews by heartsallen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this product is NOT called Mineral Veil, that is BE. EM has Finishing Dust, and it should never be associated with Mineral Veil because it is so much better! when I used BE my face was always nastily greasy within an hour of applying the MV. it also sometimes changed the tone of my m/u and gave me a foundation line! Finishing Dust never does this, and the face I leave the house with is the face I come home too, which is great so I don't have to worry.