April 24, 2014 | 988 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Petite Cherie

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2004 7:23:00 AM More reviews by mypsalms

Personally I love the scent but for some wierd reason this fragrance doesn't like me. It stays for about 20 minutes and when I sniff my skin again......puff..it's gone.. not even a trace of the scent could be found on my skin! Two other fragrances I found very similiar are Benefit's Maybe Baby and Floret by Antonia Flower's; I really like Floret but for the pricing. it's sweet floral, fresh and just that hint of fruit makes the fragrance wearable. I believe some people will find it too warm but I really think it's all personal opinion.The bottle remains me of Guerlain's packaging, very vintage,classy, forever. I purchased my beautiful Petite Cherie from Strawberrynet.com and love it...even though it kind of sink into my skin!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2004 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Murphysmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beautiful bottle. Terrible scent (on me.) I can not even describe this except to say that it is too strong and not even remotely fruity on me. I get a very floral-old lady-thing. YUCK.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2004 3:35:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

I love this scent! I definitely pick up on the pear note in it and I can also detect a bit of orange (?). Nice and fruity and youthful. Beautiful glass bottle and decent size too. Doesn't last too long on me, However.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2004 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Mariolina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only two AG fragrances I've tried so far are: L'Heure Exquise and Petite Cherie. I had a full bottle of L'Heure Exquise and I just could not get along with it. Too majestic, too formal, too much.
So I swapped that one away.
Then I bought Petite Cherie and..oh my goodness! I feel happy! Annick Goutal was truly able to capture happy and innocent childhood memories with this sparkly and pretty fragrance.
The first thing that comes to my mind is pear juice. Oh how yummi! That used to be my very favorite fruit juice when I was a little girl.
My mom would buy it all time times and well...pear juice reminds me of being a kid.
So, no wonder Petite Cherie just won my heart!
The only complaint I have to make is that there is something inside that for some reason gives it a harsh touch to it. I'm not sure what it is but whatever it is, it's not in the lotion, which in my opinion has an even better scent than the fragrance.
Anyway, I'll keep buying this once I run out and I will keep recommending it to others.
Such a happy scent and yet..so different.
At first I could not understand why some people were comparing this to Maybe Baby because Petite Cherie opening notes are TOTALLY different, but then when the rose starts standing out, that's when it resembles Maybe Baby! Wow! They're almost identical, although I prefer Petite Cherie because it's more complex and well put-together. Not your usual citrusy or sharp floral cheap teen stuff. No way! Petite Cherie is in a category of its own. Innocence and elegance combined.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2004 2:55:00 PM More reviews by bushbaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my favourite perfumes, the scent has been described in sufficient detail, it really is a dead ringer for Benefit's Maybe Baby (actually it is the other way around), lasts impressingly long. There is no chance of wearing this one with even the slightest whiff of any other fragrance, it clashes terribly. I would buy it again, if I however manage to use this one up, ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2004 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Trin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this scent a lot. It smells fresh and fruity on me. I gave the packaging a 5 because of the pretty green bottle it came in. The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2004 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Bucuti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This is way to sweet and strong for me, i bought a gift set and i can tolerate the lotion much better. On me it smells like rotten fruit.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2004 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Andrea516

I so wanted this to work on me. I tried it several times, and it just isn't meant to be. Every time it turned into this horribly suffocating stench that I had to wash off. I kept waiting and waiting, thinking, this has to get better. But it didn't. It was nothing but harsh, cloying yuk. Please try before buying. I have had absolutely no luck with any AG's except for Gardenia.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2004 9:46:00 AM More reviews by violetsprl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the special edition version of this fragrance in the green glass bottle with a little butterfly top...almost looks like it's made out of sea glass!! Anyway, obviously not very travel-friendly, but it's worth it because the scent is so pretty and unique. I first wore this in college years ago and just revisited it last fall. It's just such a soft, pretty scent. I particularly love it for spring. The cut grass note isn't offensive, it's just green enough to counteract the peach and pear notes, which might otherwise be a bit too saccharine. Delightful!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2004 5:01:00 PM More reviews by snakeskin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wouldn't have thought this was possible, but this was actually too fruity for me. Smells like Spring Flower for children.