Annick Goutal Petite Cherie

3.4

Petite Cherie is one of the sweetest little perfumes that I have ever tried. The name puts me way off of it though, it sounds like a little girl. I wish they would name it something that I won't be embarrassed to tell people but I feel like that about lots of perfumes, it is beyond me where they come up with these names and Petite Cherie ain't half bad compared to some. It smells like just picked peaches and pears, all warm and ripe in the sunshine. That's sort of strange to me on account of peaches and pears do not at all get ripe at the same time around here but I like to think that they might in France, I doubt it though but it is a pretty thought. They don't really belong in the same fruit bowl in real life. This is fruit that hasn't been peeled yet, it's juicy and good but not like a fruit salad. Along with the warm ripe fruit is green grass and then some real faint flowers in the background. It's like sitting in the swing on Momma's back screen porch with the fruit in a bowl on the little table in the sun and the grass and the flowers are right out there in the yard. In the perfume it's the fruit that you smell first but the body cream is mostly grass and sometimes I like that better, I like to use it on my hands because it smells just fine with other perfumes, not too strong. The problem with Petite Cherie is that it's like to go bad before you can use it all, one day it's just fine and the next day it will knock you flat. But the body cream will last a good long time, I've used up most of my 150 ml tube and it still smells good but I don't know if I'll get more. You might could use up a whole bottle if you wear it a lot or swap decants. I wouldn't buy anything any bigger than a one ounce bottle of this unless I planned on wearing it most every day. I have some more different Annick Goutal perfumes in big bottles and they lasted a whole lot longer.

on 12/1/2004 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This fragrance description sounded right up my alley. I thought it would be soft fruity floral, yet somehow, it was very synthetic and there was something tart/sour in the notes, like canned pears gone bad. It lasts a long time, but the sour/synthetic note became more and more noticeable. For some, it's a "soft" fragrance but to me, it seemed "bland" rather than light or unique. Don't purchase without trying, as it is easy to buy into the wonderful description. I had high hopes and it turned out to be a synthetic, childish(nothing wrong with this aspect but not what I expected) body splash rather than a great perfume. This fragrance is not for me.

on 11/27/2004 7:23:00 AM

Personally I love the scent but for some wierd reason this fragrance doesn't like me. It stays for about 20 minutes and when I sniff my skin again......puff..it's gone.. not even a trace of the scent could be found on my skin! Two other fragrances I found very similiar are Benefit's Maybe Baby and Floret by Antonia Flower's; I really like Floret but for the pricing. it's sweet floral, fresh and just that hint of fruit makes the fragrance wearable. I believe some people will find it too warm but I really think it's all personal opinion.The bottle remains me of Guerlain's packaging, very vintage,classy, forever. I purchased my beautiful Petite Cherie from Strawberrynet.com and love it...even though it kind of sink into my skin!!

on 11/23/2004 5:42:00 PM

Beautiful bottle. Terrible scent (on me.) I can not even describe this except to say that it is too strong and not even remotely fruity on me. I get a very floral-old lady-thing. YUCK.

on 11/16/2004 3:35:00 PM

I love this scent! I definitely pick up on the pear note in it and I can also detect a bit of orange (?). Nice and fruity and youthful. Beautiful glass bottle and decent size too. Doesn't last too long on me, However.

on 11/10/2004 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The only two AG fragrances I've tried so far are: L'Heure Exquise and Petite Cherie. I had a full bottle of L'Heure Exquise and I just could not get along with it. Too majestic, too formal, too much.
So I swapped that one away.
Then I bought Petite Cherie and..oh my goodness! I feel happy! Annick Goutal was truly able to capture happy and innocent childhood memories with this sparkly and pretty fragrance.
The first thing that comes to my mind is pear juice. Oh how yummi! That used to be my very favorite fruit juice when I was a little girl.
My mom would buy it all time times and well...pear juice reminds me of being a kid.
So, no wonder Petite Cherie just won my heart!
The only complaint I have to make is that there is something inside that for some reason gives it a harsh touch to it. I'm not sure what it is but whatever it is, it's not in the lotion, which in my opinion has an even better scent than the fragrance.
Anyway, I'll keep buying this once I run out and I will keep recommending it to others.
Such a happy scent and yet..so different.
At first I could not understand why some people were comparing this to Maybe Baby because Petite Cherie opening notes are TOTALLY different, but then when the rose starts standing out, that's when it resembles Maybe Baby! Wow! They're almost identical, although I prefer Petite Cherie because it's more complex and well put-together. Not your usual citrusy or sharp floral cheap teen stuff. No way! Petite Cherie is in a category of its own. Innocence and elegance combined.

on 11/7/2004 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

One of my favourite perfumes, the scent has been described in sufficient detail, it really is a dead ringer for Benefit's Maybe Baby (actually it is the other way around), lasts impressingly long. There is no chance of wearing this one with even the slightest whiff of any other fragrance, it clashes terribly. I would buy it again, if I however manage to use this one up, ever.

on 10/26/2004 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I like this scent a lot. It smells fresh and fruity on me. I gave the packaging a 5 because of the pretty green bottle it came in. The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is the price.

on 10/19/2004 7:01:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

This is way to sweet and strong for me, i bought a gift set and i can tolerate the lotion much better. On me it smells like rotten fruit.

on 10/9/2004 10:09:00 PM

I so wanted this to work on me. I tried it several times, and it just isn't meant to be. Every time it turned into this horribly suffocating stench that I had to wash off. I kept waiting and waiting, thinking, this has to get better. But it didn't. It was nothing but harsh, cloying yuk. Please try before buying. I have had absolutely no luck with any AG's except for Gardenia.

Popular Fragrances