Redken Color Extend Shampoo

3.1

Sodium laureth sulfate

I'm very surprised by other reviewers' comments that it left their hair too dry, because I had just the opposite experience. I have fine hair that has been colored and highlighted, and tends to become dry and dull if I use a shampoo that is too harsh or a blowdryer that's too hot. In fact, my hair was a bit damaged when I started using this product (which I also use with the Color Extend daily conditioner) and my hair turned out soft and shiny. The product is a clear gel which doesn't lather very much at all but I can learn to live with that.

Not impressed with this shampoo. Has made my hair very dry.

Makes my hair very dry,& did not help with my color.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This shampoo did nothing for my hair, except drying it out terribly, like almost all shampoos for coloured hair. The only thing I liked about it was the light, clean scent.

CEEEERAP! you might as well wash your hair with dawn dishwashing liquid. i like the all soft line, but this stuff fried my hair! it had hardly any lather, even on the rinse and repeat. hmmm i wonder if my bitchy sil needs some shampoo? lol! i wouldn't even wish this on her. the dog is going to smell like redken for the next several months.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This left my hair feeling so dry and unmanagable that I was afraid to even brush it. It felt like it would break if I tried to comb through it. My hair was knot free going into the shower, and a tangled, stiff mess coming out.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It did a great job keeping my color alive, but it leaves my hair with a lot of build up afetr a week of use. I might buy it again, but I'd have to alternate with another shampoo every few washes.

Got a sample pack in a swap and I'm happy I didn't buy this. Wanted to like this b/c i love the clear moisture conditioner but I don't. It didn't lather well- I had to use a larger amount than usual to get SOME lather and it didn't make my hair clean. It felt dirty the day after and I usually wash my hair every second day. Still it made my hair dry and frizzy. It contains panthenol and I think that made my forehead break out ( or it is Philosophys Hope in a jar). It does smell nice though. Won't buy this!

Purchased this on my colorist's recommendation, but wasn't impressed. It left my hair soft and shiny, but no better than with less expensive mass market products. I usually don't have much trouble with my color fading or turning brassy. Maybe this would be worth the money if you are looking for help with this problem.

Dried out my hair and made it look dead. No shine no luster, nothing. Would not buy again.