September 23, 2014 | 2072 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2005 10:53:00 PM More reviews by bybare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well I have tried every lip balm out there including the ones all advertised in Lucky and Allure ... Kiehl's, Chapstick, Neutrogena, Rosesmith's ..they all suck and didn't provide moisture to my chapped, very dry lips. I have big lips so you would notice the results of something pronto and since I use La Mer on my face, I got suckered into trying the Lip Balm at a La Mer event and I never looked back. I can't even recall when I purchased it because it feels like forever ago and I still have a ton of balm left. For the folks complaining about the price, take each day you use something and divide it by the price, price per use is cheap! This jar goes everywhere with me and I have turned a ton of friends on it. They see my lips at the beach, pool, traveling to Aspen, ski season ..you name it, I am the only one in the group with great looking lips and then we spend over an hour trying to find a La Mer counter for them to purchase a jar, lol. This balm works wonders with any lipliner too, as the color stays put during dinner, if only that worked for kisses. Ladies, enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2005 6:15:00 PM More reviews by littleliverbird

Oh, i LOVE this stuff! This smells divine and goes on like a dream. It is expensive but it will last for ages. It conditions like no other and leaves your lips feeling like silk. My only gripe is that it is not hygenic being in a little pot that you keep dipping your fingers into. A tube would be more hygenic, but the packaging LOOKS fab with the ever-so decadent creme de la mer inprint on the lid. Even in winter, my lips are so soft and smooth with this gorgeous balm. I will buy this forever..........

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2005 8:15:00 AM More reviews by DanielaG

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It IS overpriced for a lip balm but it really works. The texture is perfect and is extremely soothing on dry lips. It adds a natural, attractive sheen to lips and the mint scent is refreshing, not over-powering. Great for priming the lips before makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2005 6:57:00 AM More reviews by mousegrl1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this believing that it would work to help heal/prevent dry lips. Well, I was very wrong. An average tube of Chapstick does a better job. Save your money. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2005 6:21:00 AM More reviews by valngau

I bought La Mer's lipbalm hoping that it would help my neverending problem with dry chapped lips. The price is sooooo expensive for such a teeny tiny amount so I only use it at night before I go to bed. It's lime green & taste like mint, even after I wake up in the morning so I guess that means it stayed as long. I can't say that it works miracles because I still have dry lips during the day. Using it also is a problem because I feel it's not hygenic to use my fingers so I use a little spatula, which means it's not mobile to go anyway with me. For day use, I recommend using Clinique tinted lip balm or MAC tinted superbalm SPF 15 instead

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2005 3:33:00 PM More reviews by lexy37

i'm on my second lip balm jar --see my previous post directly below under my previous sn-- still love it- the greatest lip treatment ever created in my opinion- my HG of lipbalms ;p highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2005 4:43:00 AM More reviews by lexy7737

la mer's lip balm is my HG lipcare moisturizer. it is worth every penny of it's rather-steep-for-lipcare 45 USD retail price. the most delicate refreshing minty flavor... great smooth texture. great for throughout the day, and a MUST for nighttime. ;p

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2005 7:12:00 PM More reviews by alexplot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I just simply love this lip balm. It feels and taste like perfection. I too only use it as night treatment since it contained no SPF. It truly pumped up my lips and moisturises like no other lip balm I've tried.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2005 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Kileybiz

Seriously, NO!

No, try something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2005 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Resurgam

la mer is one of those products that people get so suckered into the hype that the expectation is ridiculously high. well, actually, in this day and age, who doesn't think or expect that from most miracle-products out in the market? i've owned this lip balm for over two years now and my experience is... well, simply my experience. as a balm under my lipstick or lip gloss, it felt a bit thick for me and whatever product i put on top of it didn't really go on with a good consistency and pretty much faded away soon thereafter. i like the consistency alone and it's not too heavy or too light and not shiny and gloopy. however, though i can't wear it during the day, i find that as a night treatment, it's fabulous. it's a part of my nightly regime and i wake up with it still on my lips. (since i'm a side and back sleeper, stuff on my face doesn't get intimate with my pillow. ;)) it feels soft and smooth and conditioned. look, i'm not expecting angelina jolie lips anytime soon. i used to get tons of compliments on my lips when was younger but since hitting the late twenties and early thirties, i feel that my lips sorta lost a bit of spring to them. this helps a bit. none of that lip venom or lip injection tingling products work but with consistent use and patience, i found the la mer to work better for me. oh, and i prefer the jar packaging over the tube. i absolutely detest lip balms in tubes. much smoother and softer than carmex. carmex made my lips feel thick and waxy, which la mer doesn't.