April 19, 2014 | 1789 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2005 6:21:00 AM More reviews by valngau

I bought La Mer's lipbalm hoping that it would help my neverending problem with dry chapped lips. The price is sooooo expensive for such a teeny tiny amount so I only use it at night before I go to bed. It's lime green & taste like mint, even after I wake up in the morning so I guess that means it stayed as long. I can't say that it works miracles because I still have dry lips during the day. Using it also is a problem because I feel it's not hygenic to use my fingers so I use a little spatula, which means it's not mobile to go anyway with me. For day use, I recommend using Clinique tinted lip balm or MAC tinted superbalm SPF 15 instead

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2005 3:33:00 PM More reviews by lexy37

i'm on my second lip balm jar --see my previous post directly below under my previous sn-- still love it- the greatest lip treatment ever created in my opinion- my HG of lipbalms ;p highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2005 4:43:00 AM More reviews by lexy7737

la mer's lip balm is my HG lipcare moisturizer. it is worth every penny of it's rather-steep-for-lipcare 45 USD retail price. the most delicate refreshing minty flavor... great smooth texture. great for throughout the day, and a MUST for nighttime. ;p

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2005 7:12:00 PM More reviews by alexplot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I just simply love this lip balm. It feels and taste like perfection. I too only use it as night treatment since it contained no SPF. It truly pumped up my lips and moisturises like no other lip balm I've tried.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2005 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Kileybiz

Seriously, NO!

No, try something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2005 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Resurgam

la mer is one of those products that people get so suckered into the hype that the expectation is ridiculously high. well, actually, in this day and age, who doesn't think or expect that from most miracle-products out in the market? i've owned this lip balm for over two years now and my experience is... well, simply my experience. as a balm under my lipstick or lip gloss, it felt a bit thick for me and whatever product i put on top of it didn't really go on with a good consistency and pretty much faded away soon thereafter. i like the consistency alone and it's not too heavy or too light and not shiny and gloopy. however, though i can't wear it during the day, i find that as a night treatment, it's fabulous. it's a part of my nightly regime and i wake up with it still on my lips. (since i'm a side and back sleeper, stuff on my face doesn't get intimate with my pillow. ;)) it feels soft and smooth and conditioned. look, i'm not expecting angelina jolie lips anytime soon. i used to get tons of compliments on my lips when was younger but since hitting the late twenties and early thirties, i feel that my lips sorta lost a bit of spring to them. this helps a bit. none of that lip venom or lip injection tingling products work but with consistent use and patience, i found the la mer to work better for me. oh, and i prefer the jar packaging over the tube. i absolutely detest lip balms in tubes. much smoother and softer than carmex. carmex made my lips feel thick and waxy, which la mer doesn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2005 7:20:00 PM More reviews by merline

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a GOD sent lip balm to me cause it heals my cracked lips! again thank you LA MER.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2005 7:01:00 AM More reviews by leonie_au

Wasn't keen on its articial mint smell and I found it to be very average in the moisturising stakes. Carmex is a far more effective lip treatment at a fraction of the price!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2005 12:03:00 PM More reviews by cwheatle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a terrible lip balm. It has a thin consistancy and wears off quickly. It makes my lips peel (not in a good, exfoliating way). While I love the cream for my dry Minnesota winters, I hate this lip balm. It is not worth 99 cents. The only reason that people like this is because they are starstruck by the la Mer name. Save your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2005 10:38:00 AM More reviews by blair1432

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Yes the price is a little out there at 45$ for a little tin, but if you have ever tried the famous face cream then you know that this stuff is good. Featureing the famous "magic brew" this lip balm will give you compleatly new lips!