La Mer Lip Balm

3.8

Petrolatum, Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentaoleate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Seaweed Extract, Emerald, Algae Extract, Tourmaline, Sesame Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, Sodium-potassium-copper-calcium-magnesium And Zinc Gluconate, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Fish Protein, Castor Oil, Phytosphingosine Trehalose, Polybutene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Glyceryl Distearate, Water, Glycerin, Menthyl Pca, Oleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sodium Saccharin, Fragrance, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Bht Propylparaben, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake

on 3/3/2006 8:22:00 PM

But for this product's price, this is a close to perfect lip balm. NOT because of the "secret sea ingredients" but because it is super hydrating, not heavy or greasy, and very pleasant on the lips. My lips have been overly chapped at times and this is the product that nursed them to health. It's minty slightly sweet taste is has a nice perk to it without being distracting or offputting. It is creamier and "thinner" than other waxy lip balms...While the pot is very sleek and sexy, it's not very sanitary considering you're putting your fingers in it all the time and the lid collects dust and lint inside its grooves. The price is the most offputting trait of this product ($45 bucks a pop) but it works so well, you forget that each application probably costs thirty cents. I wish I could say that I'd never buy another $45 lip balm again, but I'm already on my second pot...It's that nice.

This is a great lip balm but donít think itís worth $45 a pop. I use it at night before bed and apply again in the morning. The texture is pretty light and easily absorbed. Nice minty scent and tastes slightly sweet. Iíve used this for about 3 months now and it works very well in the harsh NYC winter. My lips are smoother and maintain a healthy pink color. However, I really dislike the pot form; it would be much more convenient if comes in a tube.
**update 6/24/2009 I still have not finished the pot yet..it lasts forever! At least the quality of this product is great; the color and smell have not changed at all.

on 1/20/2006 1:14:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

This is a great product! It moisturizes my lips and they feel really soft. It doesnt really absorb, so it probably doesn't moisturize as much as some other products do. Make sure you warm it up in your hands and put it on with your fingers otherwise it won't work as good.

on 12/17/2005 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Well I have tried every lip balm out there including the ones all advertised in Lucky and Allure ... Kiehl's, Chapstick, Neutrogena, Rosesmith's ..they all suck and didn't provide moisture to my chapped, very dry lips. I have big lips so you would notice the results of something pronto and since I use La Mer on my face, I got suckered into trying the Lip Balm at a La Mer event and I never looked back. I can't even recall when I purchased it because it feels like forever ago and I still have a ton of balm left. For the folks complaining about the price, take each day you use something and divide it by the price, price per use is cheap! This jar goes everywhere with me and I have turned a ton of friends on it. They see my lips at the beach, pool, traveling to Aspen, ski season ..you name it, I am the only one in the group with great looking lips and then we spend over an hour trying to find a La Mer counter for them to purchase a jar, lol. This balm works wonders with any lipliner too, as the color stays put during dinner, if only that worked for kisses. Ladies, enjoy!

Oh, i LOVE this stuff! This smells divine and goes on like a dream. It is expensive but it will last for ages. It conditions like no other and leaves your lips feeling like silk. My only gripe is that it is not hygenic being in a little pot that you keep dipping your fingers into. A tube would be more hygenic, but the packaging LOOKS fab with the ever-so decadent creme de la mer inprint on the lid. Even in winter, my lips are so soft and smooth with this gorgeous balm. I will buy this forever..........

on 10/14/2005 8:15:00 AM

It IS overpriced for a lip balm but it really works. The texture is perfect and is extremely soothing on dry lips. It adds a natural, attractive sheen to lips and the mint scent is refreshing, not over-powering. Great for priming the lips before makeup.

on 10/10/2005 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this believing that it would work to help heal/prevent dry lips. Well, I was very wrong. An average tube of Chapstick does a better job. Save your money. :(

on 10/10/2005 6:21:00 AM

I bought La Mer's lipbalm hoping that it would help my neverending problem with dry chapped lips. The price is sooooo expensive for such a teeny tiny amount so I only use it at night before I go to bed. It's lime green & taste like mint, even after I wake up in the morning so I guess that means it stayed as long. I can't say that it works miracles because I still have dry lips during the day. Using it also is a problem because I feel it's not hygenic to use my fingers so I use a little spatula, which means it's not mobile to go anyway with me. For day use, I recommend using Clinique tinted lip balm or MAC tinted superbalm SPF 15 instead

on 9/23/2005 3:33:00 PM

i'm on my second lip balm jar --see my previous post directly below under my previous sn-- still love it- the greatest lip treatment ever created in my opinion- my HG of lipbalms ;p highly recommend.

on 8/9/2005 4:43:00 AM

la mer's lip balm is my HG lipcare moisturizer. it is worth every penny of it's rather-steep-for-lipcare 45 USD retail price. the most delicate refreshing minty flavor... great smooth texture. great for throughout the day, and a MUST for nighttime. ;p

Popular Lip Treatments