E.L.F. Clarifying Pressed Powder

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Titanium Dioxide, Cyclomethicone, Zinc Stearate, Petrolatum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance(Aroma), Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarines (CI 77007) 9/2/09

on 12/19/2007 11:23:00 AM

yuck. pasty looking and unnatural. the only good news is that they only give you a miniscule amount, not that you'll use it.

There are very decent drugstore powders out there, loose and pressed, for very little money, in huge containers -- eg Coty, N.Y.C., Sally Hansen. The N.Y.C. loose powder performs beautifully.

Don't waste your time on this one.

on 11/17/2007 7:16:00 PM

I got this in tone 1 and it was way too dark for me. Strange because I also go the foundation stick in fair and it is the perfect shade for me. I loved the texture of the powder but I looked like a pumpkin with it. Oh well.

on 11/3/2007 2:22:00 PM

I'm in LOVE with this product. I was skeptical of the quality of the product because I have rather problematic skin. I thought that if worst came to worst, I'd only be out $1. It came and I tried it out. I got SO many compliments. It covers all my problem areas and is small enough that I can carry it in my purse for quick touch-ups.

on 10/27/2007 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love E.L.F products in general :) This retails for US$1 for a 4g compact, and even if it is unavailable here and I have to order it online, it is still very cheap as compared to other brands, considering cosmetics are not very cheap here in Asia, especially Singapore :) I have so far used up 2 of these compacts in Tone 2, which is for fair to tanned skins. This comes in little white plastic compacts and weighs 4 grams each. A small cloth applicator is available with the compact also :) Initally, I love this powder. The colour suits me perfectly :) I don't use a lot for each application, but realized that one compact can last me for about 1 month. I only use it in the morning before I leave the house but I don't touch up during the day. I don't see any clarifying properties though. I am fine with it though as many of my skin care don't work for me in general, and I don't expect a powder to help with my blemishes and acne :) These also don't have much oil control, I am shiny again in the afternoon and usually just use oil blotters then :) However, I am on my third compact, and I realized that is it me, or is this powder in Tone 2 seems to get darker? Now, it is a little obvious that I am using powder on some parts of my face. I will still use this when I get darker though. I will repurchase nevertheless :)

on 10/24/2007 11:07:00 AM

It's cheap and gives light coverage and minimal oil control.
But it is really nothing much to rave about.
I hated the packaging cus you couldn't keep your powder puff inside the case as well.
Very inconvenient!

on 10/23/2007 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

These don't break apart as easily as the bronzers and blushes. Also, you can actually detect the smell in this stuff, which isn't overpowering whatsoever. I purchased Tone 2, and I have to say that this matches quite well. I can't even see where I applied it. This is good for brightening your undereyes and a base for your eyeshadows. I can also see this being used to blot out oil. I can apply this with my fingers because it's so light and airy. Fabulous!

Edit: I still enjoy this as it helps to rid of the shine on my nose. But this stuff comes off very easily and is virtually gone in a couple of hours if not less. Plus, any other higher-quality pressed powder can rid of the shine and conceal with even better results.

on 10/19/2007 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Personally I love this powder. I bought it in Tone 1 and it's only slightly lighter than my skin tone, but in a way i like that. I also like the fact that it keeps me matte for a while, has great coverage, is extremely cheap (so if I break it or lose it I don't feel bad, plus I don't feel guilty using ALOT, which I tend to touch up alot because of my super-oily skin) I also love the scent, which is much nicer than my CG powder, which my ex uses to complain all the time made my skin smell medicinal. Between this and the cover stick I am a maniac about wearing makeup every day because it's so darn cheap and fun to use, and makes my skin look flawless in photos!

on 10/8/2007 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm a fair-colored girl, so I thought I'd be safe ordering Tone 1—when the product arrived at my house, it looked nothing like the color on the website... more like Tone 3 or 4. I thought I'd try it anyway, and what do you know; it gave me that nice orange glow that comes from using a product that doesn't match your skin tone.
Thumbs down from me.

on 9/27/2007 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Well, I was searching for a powder and found E.L.F. I bought Tone 3 and I am NC45. I am very glad I did not buy a natural MSF. This is $1, and the best powder ever. I have tried so many companies powders and I finally found one. I thought it might be too light. But, I use it everyday with a kabuki brush. My skin looks nice and smooth. It is matte, so my skin does not look like an oil bomb. I have to buy another one. I have been using the powder everyday for 3 months and it is half way done. I think that is a great bang for your buck. Oh, and I have sensitive skin and it did not make me have any reactions!

on 9/1/2007 11:48:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this product (and the concealer too). Mind you that I'm a big fan of the matte look (because of acne), but this powder works for me. It's not my absolute HG powder (that's a toss-up between NYC's translucent loose face powder and BECCA's finishing powder), but it's a good travel powder. It stays for quite a while, and although the color doesn't match my paper white skin, it's pretty translucent when applied with a powder brush. Overall, an amazing powder.