July 30, 2014 | 1161 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Clarifying Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2007 1:32:00 PM More reviews by ashleystar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a fair-colored girl, so I thought I'd be safe ordering Tone 1—when the product arrived at my house, it looked nothing like the color on the website... more like Tone 3 or 4. I thought I'd try it anyway, and what do you know; it gave me that nice orange glow that comes from using a product that doesn't match your skin tone.
Thumbs down from me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by DNLPotter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I was searching for a powder and found E.L.F. I bought Tone 3 and I am NC45. I am very glad I did not buy a natural MSF. This is $1, and the best powder ever. I have tried so many companies powders and I finally found one. I thought it might be too light. But, I use it everyday with a kabuki brush. My skin looks nice and smooth. It is matte, so my skin does not look like an oil bomb. I have to buy another one. I have been using the powder everyday for 3 months and it is half way done. I think that is a great bang for your buck. Oh, and I have sensitive skin and it did not make me have any reactions!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2007 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Neutral_Kate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product (and the concealer too). Mind you that I'm a big fan of the matte look (because of acne), but this powder works for me. It's not my absolute HG powder (that's a toss-up between NYC's translucent loose face powder and BECCA's finishing powder), but it's a good travel powder. It stays for quite a while, and although the color doesn't match my paper white skin, it's pretty translucent when applied with a powder brush. Overall, an amazing powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2007 7:30:00 PM More reviews by SeaMist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! I have oily acne prone skin, large pores and lots of redness from broken capillaries and this provides perfect coverage for me. I apply with a damp sponge and I look flawless. It's amazing! I have not had a breakout from this either!! So glad I tried it! Best buck I ever spent! This is my HG!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2007 12:48:00 PM More reviews by spiceandsugar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say, I have used and liked several E.L.F. lip glosses and blushes, but this stuff is worthy of nothing but the trash can. I bought the medium shade. This is the cakiest, thickest, most unflattering powder I have ever used. It makes your complexion completely dull and dead looking! Once you get closer to the bottom of the compact, it's like a lot of the pigment is at the bottom. I went to apply the powder with the useless applicator that they give you, and it left some blackish streaks on my face. I thought maybe a piece of mascara had gotten on the applicator, but sure enough a few days later, it happened again. The pigment breaks down in their products. It happened with the concealer as well that was a disgusting orange color, and then started to separate in the container. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for. Yes this is only a buck, but it isn't worth even that much! There are some things you just have to pay more money for, and I think a beautiful complexion is one of them!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2007 10:56:00 PM More reviews by solangehan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

YUCK. Makes me even oilier and the color darkens to a very unflattering shade of brown and yellow. Even if it is $1, it's so not worth it. Other ELF products such as the lipsticks and glosses are a safer bet.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2007 12:30:00 PM More reviews by rems

I LOVE this powder. I have medium pores and it makes them semi-invisible. And it covers all of my redness and oilyness. My skin is acne prone and this prodect didnt make me bread out at all. Plus its cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 12:52:00 AM More reviews by amacher24

A good decent powder. Doesn't cause anymore breakouts, seems to make my pores seems smaller, and has good coverage. Plus it's cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2007 1:20:00 AM More reviews by argh05052006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is by far one of the best powder I've ever used! I was really doubtful at first because it was only a dollar, but I bought it anyway. Unlike some of the other reviewers here, this powder didn't make me breakout or make my face orange. My face has a nice tan after using it, so it's perfect for the summers!! I'll definitely continue to buy this in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2007 2:44:00 PM More reviews by purplesparkle

I bought this in Tone 2 and the color works well for me. Can't beat the price! The packaging isn't the greatest (the puff doesn't fit into the compact); however, I prefer to apply with a brush anyway.