April 17, 2014 | 1431 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Clarifying Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2007 12:48:00 PM More reviews by spiceandsugar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say, I have used and liked several E.L.F. lip glosses and blushes, but this stuff is worthy of nothing but the trash can. I bought the medium shade. This is the cakiest, thickest, most unflattering powder I have ever used. It makes your complexion completely dull and dead looking! Once you get closer to the bottom of the compact, it's like a lot of the pigment is at the bottom. I went to apply the powder with the useless applicator that they give you, and it left some blackish streaks on my face. I thought maybe a piece of mascara had gotten on the applicator, but sure enough a few days later, it happened again. The pigment breaks down in their products. It happened with the concealer as well that was a disgusting orange color, and then started to separate in the container. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for. Yes this is only a buck, but it isn't worth even that much! There are some things you just have to pay more money for, and I think a beautiful complexion is one of them!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2007 10:56:00 PM More reviews by solangehan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

YUCK. Makes me even oilier and the color darkens to a very unflattering shade of brown and yellow. Even if it is $1, it's so not worth it. Other ELF products such as the lipsticks and glosses are a safer bet.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2007 12:30:00 PM More reviews by rems

I LOVE this powder. I have medium pores and it makes them semi-invisible. And it covers all of my redness and oilyness. My skin is acne prone and this prodect didnt make me bread out at all. Plus its cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 12:52:00 AM More reviews by amacher24

A good decent powder. Doesn't cause anymore breakouts, seems to make my pores seems smaller, and has good coverage. Plus it's cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2007 1:20:00 AM More reviews by argh05052006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is by far one of the best powder I've ever used! I was really doubtful at first because it was only a dollar, but I bought it anyway. Unlike some of the other reviewers here, this powder didn't make me breakout or make my face orange. My face has a nice tan after using it, so it's perfect for the summers!! I'll definitely continue to buy this in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2007 2:44:00 PM More reviews by purplesparkle

I bought this in Tone 2 and the color works well for me. Can't beat the price! The packaging isn't the greatest (the puff doesn't fit into the compact); however, I prefer to apply with a brush anyway.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2007 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Terresa

Although this won't be my "everyday" powder, I do plan to keep it in my bag for touch-ups when I have rubbed the foundation off of my nose. It has more coverage than most pressed powders I've used, and sometimes that's a good thing. The ingredients aren't great, so I don't know how they call it "clarifying," but as little as I plan to use it, that doesn't bother me. It's just a dollar, and if you're not prone to breakouts, it's a handy little size to take along with you. I got the "tone 1;" I'm a Stila B, MAC NC20, Px Cream, Alima N-2 and the color seems just right. The scent of the product isn't bad, although I don't understand why it needs to be scented. Not a bad product, but my expectations weren't too high.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2007 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Pbbunnie

I really can't say if it does anything for my skin. You can't use the pad that comes with it to apply it, or it'll turn out badly. I have tone 2, and it is...very orange. So what I do (once in awhile) i put my regular powder on than with a fondation brush* very lightly dust this over my face. it will give you a little color (brownish) but if add even just a little too much, you'll look like you've been using sunless tanners..... Worth a $1... but i still wouldn't buy it again

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2007 7:18:00 PM More reviews by BSM7305

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Strangely, this is the only powder I have found that I can wear on low-makeup days in place of foundation--it goes on smoothly and has just the right amount of coverage. I tried Paula's Choice and Clinique products that claimed they could be worn in place of foundation--but neither could compare to this $1-buck treasure!! Worth a place in my makeup box.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2006 8:33:00 AM More reviews by CronFest

I agreetha tthe puff is useless, this must be applied with a brush, it covers my shine nicely--no break outs and the color looks good on me I use tone 1. Best as a finishing powder to "set" the rest of your makeup. I use theElf face brush and it works well. Two bucks total!