E.L.F. Clarifying Pressed Powder

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Titanium Dioxide, Cyclomethicone, Zinc Stearate, Petrolatum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance(Aroma), Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarines (CI 77007) 9/2/09

on 2/16/2008 5:55:00 PM

This powder, while nowhere near perfect, is great for the price ($1). I would have to agree, though, that tone 1 is pretty dark while being the lightest shade they carry. It's perfect for my skin, a very medium-fair shade. It blends in and helps get rid of oiliness and with it's size (and price), you can take it anywhere for anytime touch-ups.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I believe I have been an ELF customer since the site opened. I've tried most of their products, but I was really hesitant to try the powders because I am an NC50, and LE product lines usually don't get the color right. In addition, my skin has not been in its best condition lately.

Nonetheless, I decided to try this powder in #4. I was completely surprised that the color actually looks ok on my skin. Actually, it was even darker than I expected. But, the color is good.

It keeps shine down relatively well - my skin is extremely oily. It's not the best, but definitely not that bad. I really don't know about the clarifying power - maybe that's just in the name because I have not seen any proof of that.

Although ELF will definitely not replace my MAC Blot, it's definitely a good powder for me to use in a pinch. It's only a buck - so, I can afford to keep one in the car, or in small clutch purses that won't fit cosmetic bags and be ready for touch-ups at all times.

on 1/14/2008 2:17:00 PM

Well, Just like many other reviewers here, I ordered tone 1 thinking it was for fair skin with blue undertones...its not, its orange. Luckily all my other items, mostly lip glosses, are much better so I am happy overall, just can't wear their face products. Stick with the lip gloss and eye shadows.

The color on the website is misleading. I ordered tone 1 and it was far too dark for nc20. It is a nice powder though for someone with a medium/dark skintone, just didn't work for me.

on 12/19/2007 11:23:00 AM

yuck. pasty looking and unnatural. the only good news is that they only give you a miniscule amount, not that you'll use it.

There are very decent drugstore powders out there, loose and pressed, for very little money, in huge containers -- eg Coty, N.Y.C., Sally Hansen. The N.Y.C. loose powder performs beautifully.

Don't waste your time on this one.

on 11/17/2007 7:16:00 PM

I got this in tone 1 and it was way too dark for me. Strange because I also go the foundation stick in fair and it is the perfect shade for me. I loved the texture of the powder but I looked like a pumpkin with it. Oh well.

on 11/3/2007 2:22:00 PM

I'm in LOVE with this product. I was skeptical of the quality of the product because I have rather problematic skin. I thought that if worst came to worst, I'd only be out $1. It came and I tried it out. I got SO many compliments. It covers all my problem areas and is small enough that I can carry it in my purse for quick touch-ups.

on 10/27/2007 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love E.L.F products in general :) This retails for US$1 for a 4g compact, and even if it is unavailable here and I have to order it online, it is still very cheap as compared to other brands, considering cosmetics are not very cheap here in Asia, especially Singapore :) I have so far used up 2 of these compacts in Tone 2, which is for fair to tanned skins. This comes in little white plastic compacts and weighs 4 grams each. A small cloth applicator is available with the compact also :) Initally, I love this powder. The colour suits me perfectly :) I don't use a lot for each application, but realized that one compact can last me for about 1 month. I only use it in the morning before I leave the house but I don't touch up during the day. I don't see any clarifying properties though. I am fine with it though as many of my skin care don't work for me in general, and I don't expect a powder to help with my blemishes and acne :) These also don't have much oil control, I am shiny again in the afternoon and usually just use oil blotters then :) However, I am on my third compact, and I realized that is it me, or is this powder in Tone 2 seems to get darker? Now, it is a little obvious that I am using powder on some parts of my face. I will still use this when I get darker though. I will repurchase nevertheless :)

on 10/24/2007 11:07:00 AM

It's cheap and gives light coverage and minimal oil control.
But it is really nothing much to rave about.
I hated the packaging cus you couldn't keep your powder puff inside the case as well.
Very inconvenient!

on 10/23/2007 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

These don't break apart as easily as the bronzers and blushes. Also, you can actually detect the smell in this stuff, which isn't overpowering whatsoever. I purchased Tone 2, and I have to say that this matches quite well. I can't even see where I applied it. This is good for brightening your undereyes and a base for your eyeshadows. I can also see this being used to blot out oil. I can apply this with my fingers because it's so light and airy. Fabulous!

Edit: I still enjoy this as it helps to rid of the shine on my nose. But this stuff comes off very easily and is virtually gone in a couple of hours if not less. Plus, any other higher-quality pressed powder can rid of the shine and conceal with even better results.

Popular Pressed Powders