Cover Girl TruBlend Pressed Powder

3.7

Talc, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, PTFE, Lecithin, Methicone, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Zinc Oxide

on 3/12/2005 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Rave for this powder! I usually use Clinique's powder foundation but this is better and cheaper. I got classic ivory, which looks too light for me (i'm usually creamy natural but the clinique's powder was too dark for me and i didn't want that to happen again) but it really blends in, unbelievable. I covers my huge pores and acne and it stays on for a long time, compared to other powders. THis is great, you cannot mess up picking the right shade.edit- don't like it as much, still good, but i realized it didn't last as long or cover as well as clinique's. also, it's a bit too powdery compared to clinique's

really does blend perfectly, kinda expensive for a drugstore product, but i think it's definitely worth it

on 2/26/2005 5:23:00 AM

I saw this at a drugstore and thought I'd give it a try. The silver compact looks very cute. It's quite sturdy and styish, but the sponge that came with it is not so great... The powder itself is a little grainy, but it controlls oil pretty well. I don't think i'd repurchase since there are many other pressed powders out there that are better.

on 2/17/2005 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Saw this product @ the drug store and wanted to try it out. I like it a lot (don't love it because of the applicator). I use the clinique brand compact and have been satisfied with it but this product feels so light weight on my face and it does not does not cake up. I have combo skin (really oily t-zone/some dry areas) This compact helps oil control and does not dry my face out. I would definitly buy again!

Wow---this is a pretty good powder. It has nice coverage, it doesn't flake or cake, and it feels nice an soft.

on 2/10/2005 4:12:00 PM

This is a very nice powder. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because it isn't quite as finely milled as I usually like. However, it doesn't dry me out and also controls oil well so it deserves at least 4 stars. I really like the packaging and the sponge works ok, although I prefer a terry sponge. I just buy the sponge refills at the drugstore and they work great! Update: this started drying out my face and looking too powdery

on 1/28/2005 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this powder...the concept sounded cool, but the powder was awful. It was obvious that it was mostly talcum powder and all it did was highlight any & all dry or even remotely flaky areas on my face (and I have relatively oily skin!!). It also didn't blend well at all! I did, however, like the compact...much sturdier than Cover Girl has offered in the past. Too bad the product inside stinks!

on 1/16/2005 7:38:00 PM

Saw this at CVS and decided to pick it up because I always wanted to try TruBlend foundation but I dont wear foundation (usually just concealer and a moderate coverage powder).

It was $7.50 (not so bad) and has a really cute compact, but I dont like the applicator that comes with it (one of those cheap, thin, poor quality sponge things with a hard piece of material on one side).

However, the powder itself has great coverage (not too much, not too little) and blended perfectly with the concealer I applied under my eyes (didnt look cakey at all) and felt very light (like a second skin). Plus it didnt smell funny like most CG powders do.

Overall, I'm please except for the applicator, but I can always run out and buy 20 sponges for 99 cents! I'll definately buy again!

on 1/6/2005 2:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got this in Translucent Light, and I think it's pretty good. It feels very light once it's applied, and the color blends right into my skin. It makes my skin look smooth. It's oil free and fragrance free. The only thing I don't love is the puff. It's a sponge-type puff (similar to the one that comes with Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Pressed Powder).The back of it tends to stick to the compact's mirror. Other than that it's nice! EDIT: I finally got sick of having to pry the sponge off the mirror. It left a whitish residue, leaving the mirror hard to use. I replaced it with a regular puff, and the powder went on far too thick and chalky. I'll stick to something else from now on.