October 1, 2014 | 1814 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - TruBlend Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2005 12:27:00 PM More reviews by PetiteBrunette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow---this is a pretty good powder. It has nice coverage, it doesn't flake or cake, and it feels nice an soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2005 4:12:00 PM More reviews by shimmermarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very nice powder. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because it isn't quite as finely milled as I usually like. However, it doesn't dry me out and also controls oil well so it deserves at least 4 stars. I really like the packaging and the sponge works ok, although I prefer a terry sponge. I just buy the sponge refills at the drugstore and they work great! Update: this started drying out my face and looking too powdery

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2005 11:47:00 AM More reviews by emulvey2001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this powder...the concept sounded cool, but the powder was awful. It was obvious that it was mostly talcum powder and all it did was highlight any & all dry or even remotely flaky areas on my face (and I have relatively oily skin!!). It also didn't blend well at all! I did, however, like the compact...much sturdier than Cover Girl has offered in the past. Too bad the product inside stinks!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2005 7:38:00 PM More reviews by abbey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Saw this at CVS and decided to pick it up because I always wanted to try TruBlend foundation but I dont wear foundation (usually just concealer and a moderate coverage powder).

It was $7.50 (not so bad) and has a really cute compact, but I dont like the applicator that comes with it (one of those cheap, thin, poor quality sponge things with a hard piece of material on one side).

However, the powder itself has great coverage (not too much, not too little) and blended perfectly with the concealer I applied under my eyes (didnt look cakey at all) and felt very light (like a second skin). Plus it didnt smell funny like most CG powders do.

Overall, I'm please except for the applicator, but I can always run out and buy 20 sponges for 99 cents! I'll definately buy again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2005 2:26:00 PM More reviews by madmargeS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in Translucent Light, and I think it's pretty good. It feels very light once it's applied, and the color blends right into my skin. It makes my skin look smooth. It's oil free and fragrance free. The only thing I don't love is the puff. It's a sponge-type puff (similar to the one that comes with Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Pressed Powder).The back of it tends to stick to the compact's mirror. Other than that it's nice! EDIT: I finally got sick of having to pry the sponge off the mirror. It left a whitish residue, leaving the mirror hard to use. I replaced it with a regular puff, and the powder went on far too thick and chalky. I'll stick to something else from now on.