MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - Porcelain Pink

4.2

on 1/2/2005 9:05:00 PM

Compared to the Pleasureflush Skinfinish from MAC previously released in the Rococo collection, Pink Porcelain from the High Tea collection is a pleasant change.

Pleasureflush is a very light peach coppery color that puts on a very light finish over blush. A warmer finish, Pleasureflush can not stand on its own on my skin (NW25).

Pink Porcelain has a bit more of a salmon pink in it and is more pigmented. The shimmer is a medium metallic gold. On my skin it can stand on its own as a light blush, but I have to use a LIGHT HAND with the #187 blush. I would not use this product if I did not have the #187 brush. Other brushes apply it too heavily.

If you want to use this blush as a nice finish, I find it useful over either cream blush or a darker powder blush buffed into my skin first. Pink Porcelain is light enough to change its appearance with what is under it.

Although it is a bit more challenging to use(more pigmented), Pink Porcelain is worth every penny. I like it a lot and use it in my cooler palette of makeup.

You can use this and all of the skinfinishes wet or dry, but I do not like the extreme shininess of it when used wet. Perhaps I will find a use for it wet someday, but for now, it is a super dry finish when used with the MAC #187 brush. continued >>

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my first skinfinish and I am in LOVE! I'm an nc44 and this does show up. It gives my face such a natural pretty pink glow. I mostly use this as a highlighter for my cheekbones and not as a blush. I can definitely see it on my face no matter what light I'm in. Very weird how some gals can't really see it. I have no problems with this and the texture is great. Definitely a new staple in my kit.

Update: I'm still loving this! I don't layer it on, 1-2 swipes and it shows. I also tried this out on my friend who's a PPP and it didn't show up well on her like it does on me, I could barely see it. So maybe darker skintones might get the most out of this?

on 12/30/2004 12:53:00 AM

I've only tried this twice now, but so far I really do like it. I'm nc25 and it shows up enough to use on it's own. However, I prefer to use a cream blush and then use this as a highlighter. I know people say these make your pores look bigger, but I don't have that problem. I think it adds a nice pink glow. Granted I probably don't need this as I could get a similar effect w/ the BB pink shimmerbrick. However this has more gold in it. I use this w/ the MAC stippling brush and it gets just the right amount.

on 12/29/2004 6:26:00 PM

I don't get why this doesn't have better reviews!! I understand that when you first put this on you say to yourself, "hmm, I don't really see it"--but that's because of the light your're in!! I got home after putting some of this on my cheekbones-looked in my bathroom mirror and was floored by how pretty it was! It is this amazing pink/gold glow-soooo pretty and so unique. So Ceylon, which I had originally planned on getting, was a little too dark and muddy on me-although I think it would look great on darker-skinned girls. I am NW(sometimes NC)25 and Porcelain Pink looks GREAT. It looks particularly good over another blush--gives the blush a clear/luminosity. I highly reccomend!

on 12/29/2004 1:04:00 PM

I really love this. I wish MAC would keep there Skinfinish products in the line since they are such a wonderfull product!! I love using this with the 190 brush and misted with Fix+ over the cheekbones when I wear pink/peach blushes. The other day I wore this over Ladyblush blush creme and had a million peeps asking me how I got that fresh glow. This also looks really pretty over pink shadows like anglecake and sushi flower. Try this with the 190/Fix + technique for super glow!!

on 12/28/2004 11:18:00 PM

Price: $26.00 (Cdn)

I bought this because it looked so pretty (it's pink with gold veins in it). On its own this product doesn't do much - it is very sheer and it adds a subtle golden shimmer. I buffed this on with the MAC 187 brush on top of NARS Orgasm and it added a pretty "glow" but it wasn't exceptional. My coloring is NC30 asian. I will experiment a bit more with this, but so far I'm not exactly thrilled.

on 12/28/2004 12:18:00 AM

bought this yesterday b/c looked gorgous on MA and on table. but when i got home it was hardly visable. infact i couldnt see it and im an NC30. returned it and got the bronzer color.

on 12/26/2004 11:29:00 PM

I do not like this. My MA insists on using these *luminizers* on me or skinfinishes, whatever, but to me they are not good. I just don't like the irredescent-ness of them, they remind me of the e/s Seedy Pearl applied to my cheeks and that is not pretty when you have larger pores! I kinda disagree w/the review below that says this looks like Stlye blush, Style is my HG blush and it is a glowy peach blush, frosty, too. This is more pink and doesn't glow the same way their normal frost blushes do. I guess it may work for some but for me it is a definite No Go. (I am about NC30)

on 12/23/2004 11:30:00 AM

love love LOVE this product! I thought I would be able to pass on this because it would be so much like Pleasureflush skinfinish from Rococo, but it is more coral than Pleasureflush and gives the skin such a wonderful golden/coral glow! It is so subtle and blends beautifully... like a mineralize version of Style blush, but with a touch more pink to it! Of the High Tea collection, this is one of the must-haves.

Popular Blush Products