Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 8/17/2014 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been having a hard time finding "translucent" powders (because of my own powder standards!) since my HG powder was discontinued. I usually look for a powder that appears light beige and is labelled "translucent" by the manufacturer so I searched the Internet and this was the next best thing - it's also cheaper than the stuff at Sephora and, I figured, more available in my area. The first time I picked this up, I either got it at Wal-Mart or Shoppers Drug Mart for, I believe, less than $7. It goes on light on my skin (which I prefer) but isn't chalky-looking after I finish applying all my make-up (and it doesn't look too chalky either when reapplying for touch-ups). My only complaints as far as it's "matte" power and how it looks on my face in general: it doesn't keep oil at bay for long (face looks oily minutes after touch-ups sometimes) and the tiny powder particles get trapped in my eyebrows and it's noticeable (to me, anyway) under certain lighting conditions.

As far as the packaging... you can't really expect more quality for a product that is so inexpensive. The lid is prone to cracking (since it's a thin plastic) and I would prefer a compact container instead with a mirror, like many other powders out there. The powder itself is VERY prone to shattering if the container is dropped or if there is little product left in it.

I now have a hard time finding the "translucent" one every time I go to Wal-Mart so I want to find a "back-up" drugstore powder.

on 8/13/2014 1:21:00 PM

Great basic powder, in a nice big pan. Doesn't cake, good color range, feels light, really takes down shine -- what's not to love? The only problem is the horrible packaging, so I bought an awesome vintage Stratton compact on eBay, put the Rimmel pan in it, and now it makes me feel like Lauren Bacall whenever I use it -- try it, you'll never go back. :)

on 8/12/2014 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

NOT REALLY THAT GREAT!! I have quite oily skin, on average I touch up around 2/3 times in a day! I apply this after my foundation (ELDW) on my t-zone and this immediately makes my foundation look cakey. It doesn't set well onto my foundation and does NOT control oil! My nose starts to shine after 2 hours! Wouldn't recommend this to someone with really oily skin! But obviously it isn't a high end product therefore the quality isn't as impressive as a high end powder. It's worth a try if you have combination skin, just make sure it sets well onto your foundation. Good luck!

on 8/12/2014 8:11:00 PM

I love this powder!! I first saw a review of it on collegefashion.net, and a few days later I bought it. It felt really smooth after I put it on, and it lasted all day. And at the end of the day it was easy to take off with makeup remover, so that was awesome. I've been using it everyday that I do full-on makeup since then. It doesn't get cakey, looks really natural and covers pretty well. i will definitely be purchasing it again.

on 8/12/2014 8:04:00 PM

Bought this on a whim - and found amazing results, especially on my oily tzone. I have the powder in shade 020 Nude Beige which I found was the most yellow based in the selection and am incredibly impressed. Keeps me matte for hours, and looks great when reapplied. For the price, why wouldn't you try it??

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have tried many powders and I always come back to this. It keeps makeup put, and It doesnt have a overpowering/annoying scent. I would buy this again and again.

on 8/7/2014 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is the first face powder I got in my life!!! And it's super cheap!!! I really love it! But still looking for something better like better shade and a good quality packaging!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best pressed powder out there. Keeps makeup put all day, has a beautiful matte finish, and lasts several months. I highly recommend, especially if you have oily skin. Be careful not to crack the lid, though. Many times have I been careless and put this in my travel makeup bag, and later ended up with a cracked lid and powder on everything.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of those hg products for me. Ive repurchased it twice! I heard a lot about it so i went out and bought it and i fell in love. I have extremely oily skin and i found that stay matte is truly the only pressed powder that stops the oily shine on my face from appearing throughout the day. Not expensive at all and a great product. Only down side is that i feel the packaging is fragile.

The reason I first tried this product out was because it was raved about on YouTube by many beauty gurus and I don't blame them! I have repurchased this item about five times now and love it. It keeps my skin matte all day and my foundation stays in place! This product is very affordable as well. The only downside to this powder is that if you drop it the packaging will break or crack since it isn't made very well. Overall this is a must have in anyone's makeup collection!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials