October 1, 2014 | 1996 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Nataliegsno

I really like to use this powder to set my undereye concealer because it doesn't cake up. The shade selection of this powder is kinda weird there's a whole bunch of light shades then one random dark shade. When I use this powder on my face it's nothing special. My forehead gets pretty oily throughout the day and I don't think it keeps me matte any longer than other powders. I'll still repurchase for setting my concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Kirstenamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Silky Beige after hearing some good reviews about it. It was fairly inexpensive. I used to use it to set my Rimmel Stay matte Liquid Mousse Foundation. It did do a really good job mattifying my face at first but I find that it didn't last that long. However, I had no problem dusting it on again if my skin got a little oily.

After changing foundations (from Rimmet Stay Matte to Revlon Colorstay) I found that I like the powder more and it lasts longer with the new foundation. I like that it's not too pigmented and doesn't really add more colour on top of my foundation, and it has a nice finish.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by yesjessfuentes

It's really sad to say that I am actually disappointed with this product. I heard so much rave about it that I finally gave in.

I got the product for $5.49 on drugstore.com, and got it in shade Transparent, bec it was the only available. My skin is oily/combination, shade medium.

Upon application it looks nice and matte, but it never stays for long. The oil from my face always always seem to escape my foundation (Revlon Nearly Naked) and this pressed powder and back onto the surface- not cool.

Bottomline, I am not repurchasing.

PS: If we have the same skin type & are looking for a good light coverage setting powder, I suggest you get the Stila Hydrating Mineral Powder. It works wonders, and helps a lot during the winter. Good luck :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by yesimadancer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

I i like this powder right when I put it on but it doesnt last long. Id probably still repurchase because the effect upon immediate application is really nice but I am looking a new powder with the same effect but longer lasting... I have it in Sandstorm which is a bit dark for me ( only a tiny bit) but it looks quite natural and adds just a tiny bit of color which I love since I don't wear foundation ever really ( only for parties, events, photoshoots).
Daily I wear concealer and powder with some eye makeup so I like my powders to have a tiny bit of coverage.
Packaging isnt impressive but for such a cheap and (sort of) effective powder, who cares?

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by AmeliaRad

I brought this powder upon hearing glorious reviews about it. This product to me is just ok. It mattes out my face upon application but doesn't last very long at all. Especially through sweat and oil, it lasted no longer then around 2-3 hours which was disappointing as I need powder throughout the whole day at school. Good for re applying but not for long time wearing

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by RebDesnoyers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This powder is amazing. Even though I have quite normal skin, I get the tiniest bit shiny in the T-zone, and this covers it up perfectly. The formula is really silky and feels light on the skin. The only downside is the packaging, the lid flys off randomly when I travel because it isn't quite secure.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by nurbina24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this pressed powder for years. I use it with a nice flat top brush and it stays nice and matte. Last about 4-5hrs before you need touch up. The packaging is not too horrible as others tend to portray it, as I said I have used this powder for like 6-7 yrs and the lid has never cracked and the lids do close fine, never had an accident with it. I love that the finis is not cakey and to be fair to me it's as good of a quality as the MAC mineralized skin finish, so you definitely can get a bargain for your money. I love this pressed powder a lot and will continue to use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Maybe it's because my skin isn't oily (except around my nose) but this powder didn't make much of a difference on my face. When I do put it around my nose it stays on for maybe 3 hours which is decent for a powder this inexpensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kaykaykasey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would say that I really like this product. Although the problem for me is their shade selection. Although I have pretty tanned skin, their darkest powder called "Warm Beige" is still way too light for me. It's not that noticeable but I can tell that I look a little lighter than usual. Overall it does keep me matte for about 4 hours and doesn't make me feel cakey or that I'm wearing any makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this on an Ulta binge for use in my travel kit, and it has become a staple for me. I have dry to combo skin and an insanely shiny nose (not oily, just shiny), and I prefer a solid matte finish. I am NW15, and I bought this in Transparent, which works very well for my skin. The powder itself works amazingly well. I am in Texas and our summers here are ridiculously hot & humid. This is one of the only powders I have used that truly gives a lasting matte finish. I apply lightly with a brush, and it gives a nice matte finish without being too cakey (although I do think you could easily go overboard with this). It lasts me about 4-5 hours before I need to touch up, which is pretty good for me. It does have a light, floral fragrance, but I can only smell it in the package and not on my face, and it certainly is not enough to bother me. Packaging is where this product is lacking. The clear plastic lid sort of screws on (but not really well - it kind of just sits on there), and it doesn't attach securely. It is also flimsy, so that's something that could use improvement. I can see it breaking easily, and this definitely isn't something you'd want to carry in a purse or makeup bag without at least a rubber band securing the lid on. However, this product is ridiculously cheap and works very well, and I keep mine stored flat in a drawer, so I'm giving it 5 stars. I have already hit pan & repurchased at least twice.