November 22, 2014 | 1699 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2009 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Kittemans

I've used ths for a long time now and it works really well for me! But not for the catastropic blemishes offcourse. Nothing will work for that....
But i'm gonna buy it agian!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 3:47:00 AM More reviews by tiffando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is $9 at the Body Shop and it does a whole lotta work! They usually have tea tree oil specials, like a 2-fer something. This is spot treatment for blemishes. I love this tea tree oil. I put it on blemishes over night and if it's a small blemish that's starting to show it'll be gone by the next day. If the blemish has been on my face for awhile it will take a couple days to remove with the tea tree oil. The smell you will get use to, it smells kinda minty. Use a Q-tip to apply on blemishes if you are germ conscious and don't want to use your fingers. They also have this in a pen for on the go.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Apryl47

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually am really starting to like tea tree oil. I bought my first bottle of this stuff quite a few years ago but only really starting religiously using it recently. Like everyone says, it's not an instant cure but I find what it does is disinfect the pimple which will cause it to go down. And if you keep on applying it to your trouble areas (my chin is mine) even when you don't have a pimple you will see great results. At the moment my chin is totally clear which is freaking amazing because that NEVER happens. Yay!

I use a Q-Tip to apply it and that works great for me. Give it a chance and keep with it. It really does work. I also find it reduces redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by hathor2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been buying tea tree blemish stick (avon's or the body shop's) for a long time now and I would have to agree that it's not an instant cure. It is a way to deal with wounds faster than a break out or wound if it would heal by itself.
I like the fact that the body shop's tea tree blemish stick or oil in a bottle does not have alcohol so my potentially big pimple or even small cuts don't sting upon applying a few drops of this product. Yep I use it on small cuts or scratches from my cats after I've cleaned the wound.
It's not a magic cure all, but it does help in making the cut close faster and a potentially big pimple not come out at all or my pimple will not come out as big as it would have without use of this product.
The packaging of the oil or blemish stick is small enough that it's a must have for me in my bag. There's hardly any scent if any. It could be a little cheaper like Avon's but it lasts a long time because a little goes a long way so it's worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2008 2:42:00 AM More reviews by En_Song

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Used this ages ago when I had wave after wave of acne attacks. Did absolutely nothing and was a complete waste of $$$. Only roaccutane saved me. So, guys, if you have acne, please don't waste time and $$ on topical products, get yourself on roaccutane and watch those zits and oilies disappear. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2008 12:43:00 PM More reviews by ashley1227

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought I would really like this stuff because it said it was for oily skin, which I have, but it didn't really do anything for my skin. The packaging sucks, it was almost impossible to get the oil out of the bottle and the bottle didn't last very long. I tried 100% tea tree oil and that didn't work either so maybe this oil just isn't for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2008 2:25:00 AM More reviews by angelswing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This does nothing to my pimple

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by rambo_fb

DISCLAIMER ABOUT TEA TREE OIL: I feel like what a lot of people expect from tea tree oil products is instant results, but that's not how it works. Because tea tree oil is a natural anti-septic, it first pushes all the impurities out of your skin (meaning sometimes it can get worse before it gets better) and then starts preventing. I know the last thing a lot of people, especially teens, want to hear is that their skin will get worse but it's really worth it because it will STAY better. A lot of cleansers and toners that I've used just keep things at bay instead of getting rid of it, but my skin actually feels healthy.

Back to this product. When I'm feeling like my skin might be teetering towards a small breakout or I get a small pimple forming I will drop a couple drops of this onto a cotton pad and dab it on overnight. Depending on the stage of the acne it will either force it out or kill the germs causing it.

It's only $9 and even though the bottle is tiny you use it a few drops at a time.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2008 3:53:00 AM More reviews by catteys

I dont see any help from this product, i will not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by BABYJUICY

I broke out with almost a full face of pimples this month that I even had to make an appointment for a dermatologist! So I went to buy this product that I've been wanting to get in a while but I wasn't sure it would work. I used it last night, which was my first time using this. So far, my results are good. Its clearing my pimples up. I hope by tmrw, most of the pimples will be gone because im really hoping for a clearer skin which I haven't seen in years.

EDIT: This product is alright.There's better pimple solutions out there than this.