The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

....I LOVE this product!!
I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first about buying this product, but I finally convinced myself to try it and luckily I did! I have very acne prone skin but after using this for five days or so, most of my pimples were either smaller or even gone! The only problem is that I do use alot of this product and I use about a bottle every two weeks. So that's $9 CAD every two weeks & might be a bit expensive for some. But for me, it's definatley worth it <3

UPDATE: My skin got used to this product so I only use it once everyday now. I alternate between my Clean & Clear Persagel which I use at night and this in the morning. (I took off a lippie for that)

on 6/4/2009 2:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I swear by it! Tea tree oil is the best for a light break out! To me it doesnt matter what brand it is. Whenever I see a lil spot I just use a cotton ball to apply some oil on the spot (not too much). The next day, its gone without leaving a mark. Although I hate the smell! Too strong IMO.

on 4/23/2009 5:26:00 AM

I don't want to jinx it, but this product works well with me. Whenever i feel a new bump, i just apply this and next day the bump goes away. It might leave a mark though, but it works. I think that tiny bottle lasted for almost 2 to 3 years for me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing! It comes in a very small bottle and is extremely concentrated, I only apply very little with a q-tip directly on the breakout. The smell may bother some people, as it is very strong but I really like it. I don't know if it would work for severe acne because I only get the occasional breakout.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I usually use this to disinfect spots on my face and use another product to uctually get rid of the spots.
But rececntly I found it was really good for something else; on ym arms I had a slight rash from something and then it got slightly spotty :( Not major pimples though, more like lttle baby ones here and there. Anyway, I mixed someof this tea tree oil with water and glycerin in a spray bottle and sprayed it on my arms and rubbed it in before going to bed. A few days later and my arms were completely clear! They also felt firmer and glowed!!
I know that's a weird use for the product but now my mum des the same and it's working for her too so I just thought I'd mention it!!

on 3/27/2009 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This just BURNS my skin.(must be the alcohol or something) Never will I ever purchase.

on 3/2/2009 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Been using this for about 3 months now, and bottle is still half full. Not bad for the price, so about $10 for 6 months. It does make your skin very dry so gotta put on some moisturizer, other than that, it totally works for my oily skin =)

on 2/21/2009 10:47:00 PM

I have tried using 100% TTO products and burns my skin.

Finally bit the bullets and get this with my LYB voucher. This is much milder, with alcohol. Some may hate the alcohol contents, but to me I think it helps greatly in reducing the swelling. Pimples take about 2 days to come to head.

Great product, but not great price. You can get much cheaper brand like Thursday plantation TTO 15% at less than SGD 10 for bigger product than this. I would continue to buy from TBS cos I am nuts about their products, I guess I am brand loyalty:)

Love this product. It's the only acne product that works on my face (acne gels burn my skin). I'm not prone to breakouts, but I do have monthly breakouts. I feel it does work in preventing, (well my monthly breakouts are due to hormonal change near my period, so nothing can really prevent that) if it's just those days where you have clogged pores and is about to have acnes, this product works fine. Ok well when it comes to big breakouts, don't expect this to be a miracle product, but to me it does help with relieving the pain, and the next day it usually gets a lot better. Have repurchased many bottles already.

Although the smell does not bother me, my boyfriend literatlly recoils...and he is not very observant.

That being said, nothing works better to sanitize a cystic breakout.

Another way I use this is after a mask is removed, when my pores are big and open, after extractions, I use this and it reduces swelling and keeps my pores clean.

All in all a very clasaically good product that I am glad I gave a chance. Not much works on my acneic yet combo skin.

Popular Treatments (Face)