April 19, 2014 | 1608 users online

Fragrances - Versace - Crystal Noir

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2005 1:49:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Edited: wow, I am going to have to get a big huge bottle. I have a mini and samples. It's incredible, but it takes a while to grow on you. The notes are gardenia and amber; however, it's got a lot of spicy fig in it. It's a beautiful, sulty, original sexy scent. The bottle is very pretty with its aubergine/onyx crystal. I didn't "get" the scent at first, but it haunted me, as my true loves have tended to do. Nice job, Versace!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2005 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Samsara26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this scent. I am working off a sample from sephora. All i can say is its very mysterious and sexy. Its definatly a stretch from the fragrances I usually wear tho.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2005 11:23:00 PM More reviews by BubbaJab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Horrible fruit juice! Nothing of a "NOIR" fragrance...Shiseido cult fragrance "Nombre Noir" remember?
Talking about Shiseido, no wonder why Donatella wears Salons Palais Royal Shiseido by Serge Lutens scents !!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2004 10:02:00 AM More reviews by texasceleste

I hated this and thought it was mannish the first time I tried it; however, I do like this the more I try it. However, the gardenia top note does not last *at all* and it ends up smelling like straight up sandalwood on me. I got it as a Sephora sample and I wear it occasionally, but it's too woody for me to actually buy. Sexy, though, and the men do love it. Good for winter parties.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2004 12:39:00 PM More reviews by lilacterp

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A guy I know raved about this scent as "so sexy, it makes me find anyone who wears it sexy." Okay, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but nontheless, it made me very curious to try this Crystal Noir on myself. I went to the Versace store near where I live and sprayed with abandon. I smelled an oversimplified scent of gardenia and amber, way too floral and unoriginal for me. I'm not a Versace perfume fan, so here is another disappointment. My guy friend must have just liked the girl wearing it or maybe it didn't work with my chemistry, because he said when he smelled it on me- "ewww, what IS that perfume?" I told him it was his favorite, and he said- "wow, it sure doesn't smell as good as it did on that girl." Yeah, so Versace Crystal Noir is not for me. Too much gardenia and a very floral scent, but the bottle is beautiful. The scent does not match the bottle or name in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2004 8:21:00 AM More reviews by bobbihen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I sampled this yesterday and it was absolutely horrid. If you took a wad of Play Doh and coated it with buttercream/coconut frosting, you'd get this scent. It made me feel physically ill. Very cool bottle, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2004 4:01:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPanda

I have a sample of this, so I must say I don't know the price or packaging.

I like this scent a lot. It's a musky floral scent, with what smells like coconut at the end. The drydown is a little sweeter, and the gardenia really comes through. I'm going to buy a bottle when I can.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2004 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Ciji63

This smelled both peppery and fruity with the pepper overwhelming the fruit. If that is what you are looking for, knock yourself out. Didn't work for me - I smelled like I had bathed in black pepper!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2004 3:59:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Typical Versace: too sweet, modern, trendy, not very complex. It is not unpleasant (it is better than Versace Woman) but it's nothing special. Pretty average scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2004 12:59:00 PM More reviews by kokono

I got a spritz-sample of this with my Sephora order, as it is something I would never have thought I liked enough to order without smelling it first. Well, I'm sorry to say but I was proven wrong. It's a rich, lush scent with just enough warmth for the colder weather, and like the other reviews state, there is a certain creaminess to this scent. I swear this is not what I thought gardenia smells like (Like Marc Jacobs or the other slew of gardenia fragrances) and I know there is a fruity accord in there somewhere, which adds to the lovely ambiance of the perfume. I adore this new find.