Versace Crystal Noir

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I dont know how everyone is smelling fruits, greens and flowers in this. It smells like Raid ant and roach killer. I put this on and smelt like the Orkin man. This smells so bad. I wonder if it would kill bugs???

Mmmm.....I like this.A lot.I got a spray sample of it.It smells delicious!I love the heaviness of it;it's very 80s to me(thank God the 90s days of unisex/weak/plain watery "blah" fragrances or gone....I love scents to pack a punch).I love the hard dose of amber,and the lingering slightly musky suntan lotion-ness of it.It also has a hint of....tobacco?Reminds me of my father's pipes.Better than Hypnotic Poison by Dior,defiantely!I'll have to buy a bottle now(which,by the way is BEAUTIFUL....dark plum colored crystal with gold lettering.)

I really liked the initial spray of this and the next 30 minutes that followed. At first it was a sexy and dark coconut, gardenia and rich musk fragrance. However, this strange and overpowering wintergreen smell crept up slowly behind these notes and killed them all!!! I am giving it a 4 though because of the great start and it's probably just my chemistry. UPDATE: This scent has really grown on me. The wintergreen fades and it becomes lovely. Other people love the way it smells on me too.

Absolutely beautiful scent. Not nearly as strong and 'noir-ish' as I would have liked, but lovely nonetheless. I usually like much stronger fragrances, such as Pure Poison and Rapture, but Sephora did a great job at suggesting this one for me. I purchased a plain tester bottle off of eBay (so I did not get the pretty bottle but it was absolutely beautiful when I saw it). At first I couldn't smell anything, just kind of a grapefruit. But once it dried down it turned much richer- the grapefruit went away and the gardenia and muskyness came out. I agree with the 'pipe tobacco' note; but it's a soft, dainty, wonderful one. It brought back memories of when I was a little girl with my dad. I love this. I have a feeling I will use the whole bottle before the new year...

I really like a lot of aspects of this scent, but in the long run, somehow, it fails. I can't even smell it on me unless I bury my nose in my arm. And it promises so much but then just doesn't deliver. I want it lusher, I want it richer, I want it more decadent.

I love the coconut and the gardenia together. It just isn't lush enough for me.

The search continues...

I guess I don't like gardenias... Beautiful bottle, wonderful color, the notes are an interesting blend and usually I like all of them - but I think the problem with this scent is the gardenia... There is also something minty-soapy about it that I don't like, and this makes it impossible for me to wear with my bodychemistry. Must be great on other women, smells good on my sweater, but definately not on my body. Too bad, I really loved the bottle....EDIT: I really like the scent, so I'll give it a go. Hopefully it won't turn sour on me afterall, but it does smell kinda orangy on me. It doesn't smell like anything else I own. (and I'm listed under fl/oriental and spicy) UPDATE: I'm so angry I could scream. I bought the EdT by mistake instead of the EdP, and that means that there is no staying power what so ever. It just doesn't last. I need to buy the bodylotion, so I can layer it. Maybe it will help. UPDATE: Tracked down a bottle of bodylotion - not easy to find - and now it's perfect. Upgrading it one lippie because I really love the scent now. UPDATE2007: Never in a billion years would I be able to predict the results of layering this fragrance with TBS coconut body butter - I get extatic compliments from everyone around me whether male or female everytime I do this.

I enjoyed the first 90 minutes of this--a fruity-green-creamy tropical floral with dark-sexy undertones--but the late drydown left a lot to be desired. The scent also gave me a sinus headache and some throat irritation as it dried down.

(According to Perfumeworld.net:

Olfactive description:Fruity Green Fruity(Cherry) Coconut Grapefruit Oriental Aldehydic Gardenia Tuberose Orange-blossom Ambery)

I smelled green fig and coconut--perhaps it's the cherry that I perceived as fig. There's a very sexy undertone, like a dark musk. I got more tuberose than gardenia--it's the salicylates (the minty aspect of tuberose and woods like cedar and sandalwood--think of wintergreen and you'll get the idea)--I usually love that minty aspect, but it was overwhelming here, and became even stronger in the drydown. The greenness, fruit, coconut, musky undertones--all gone in under two hours. The late drydown did take on an interesting pipe tobacco aspect, but that was dominated by the increasingly irritating mintiness.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm very difficult on perfumes. Something in my body chemistry turns white florals into bug spray and roses into some kind of sour juice. This is divine. Sweet, spicy, floral, deep. First I sprayed it on a paper tester strip and I too smelled the cedar/medicinal note so many reviewers have found. But I never smelled that on me. Beautiful, sultry. Yum.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I got a sample of this from Sephora and the first time I spritzed it on, it was so overpowering that I was sure that would be my last experience. Later that day I kept smelling this wonderful fragrance that just kept getting better as time went by. Now I love it--and now know to walk into a mist of the spray instead of spraying it directly on me ;) I typically love florals so this is a stretch for me. This is a complex fragrance that I can't get enough of!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

When I found out that this latest Versace perfume had notes of gardenia and amber, I had to try it. Unfortunately, I was not too impressed. It's simply...OK. The gardenia is lush and the amber provides warmth but this is not a perfume that smells particularly special to me.

Popular Fragrances