October 26, 2014 | 1204 users online

Fragrances - Versace - Crystal Noir

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2005 2:40:00 PM More reviews by cucas87

I'm very difficult on perfumes. Something in my body chemistry turns white florals into bug spray and roses into some kind of sour juice. This is divine. Sweet, spicy, floral, deep. First I sprayed it on a paper tester strip and I too smelled the cedar/medicinal note so many reviewers have found. But I never smelled that on me. Beautiful, sultry. Yum.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2005 9:37:00 PM More reviews by GodivaMerlot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this from Sephora and the first time I spritzed it on, it was so overpowering that I was sure that would be my last experience. Later that day I kept smelling this wonderful fragrance that just kept getting better as time went by. Now I love it--and now know to walk into a mist of the spray instead of spraying it directly on me ;) I typically love florals so this is a stretch for me. This is a complex fragrance that I can't get enough of!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2005 12:15:00 AM More reviews by spamela74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I found out that this latest Versace perfume had notes of gardenia and amber, I had to try it. Unfortunately, I was not too impressed. It's simply...OK. The gardenia is lush and the amber provides warmth but this is not a perfume that smells particularly special to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2005 1:45:00 AM More reviews by DebraSD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gardenias? Fruits? I don't smell either one of these "top notes" in this scent at all. I know what Gardenias smell like and this is not it. Bottom line, it smells like CEDAR to me and ON me. I purchased a candle from Yankee Candles called "Cedar and Nutmeg" (which gives me a headache) and I have to say this fragrance smells very similiar. It's heavy and over-powering and gave me a headache 2 hours into wearing it. I will be taking this back to Nordstroms.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2005 2:01:00 PM More reviews by tmarie78

This is a recent huge surprise for me--tested it reluctantly at a Nordstrom SA's insistence, and was mildly surprised. Then I took a sample home and promptly fell in love--this is a beautiful sexy, fresh floral gardenia, that I will be wearing a lot. Not a huge Versace fan myself, but this fragrance smells gorgeous on me, and the bottle is striking, as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2005 7:46:00 PM More reviews by nightqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't have it yet but I really want it!!! I smelled it on my coworker a couple weeks ago and have been obbsessed with it ever since. The first whiff I got was this coconut scent mixed with creamy floralness. And so as soon as I had the chance I rushed over to Nordstom and tried it for myself. It's not as coconutty on me but it's still creamy and rich, with amber floral notes. I guess it's the gardenia mixed w/ amber that does it. I't very feminine ands sophisticated and lasts a decent amount of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2005 8:59:00 AM More reviews by lachaseauxpapillons

After smelling Versace's Blonde I swore never to come near Versace fragrances again, but was seduced by Crystal Noir's packaging and actually like the EDP a lot. It is very elegant, understadedly floral, really nice. Finally a Versace perfume I can wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2005 1:49:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Edited: wow, I am going to have to get a big huge bottle. I have a mini and samples. It's incredible, but it takes a while to grow on you. The notes are gardenia and amber; however, it's got a lot of spicy fig in it. It's a beautiful, sulty, original sexy scent. The bottle is very pretty with its aubergine/onyx crystal. I didn't "get" the scent at first, but it haunted me, as my true loves have tended to do. Nice job, Versace!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2005 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Samsara26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this scent. I am working off a sample from sephora. All i can say is its very mysterious and sexy. Its definatly a stretch from the fragrances I usually wear tho.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2005 11:23:00 PM More reviews by BubbaJab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Horrible fruit juice! Nothing of a "NOIR" fragrance...Shiseido cult fragrance "Nombre Noir" remember?
Talking about Shiseido, no wonder why Donatella wears Salons Palais Royal Shiseido by Serge Lutens scents !!!