July 25, 2014 | 1708 users online

Fragrances - Versace - Crystal Noir

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2005 9:37:00 PM More reviews by GodivaMerlot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this from Sephora and the first time I spritzed it on, it was so overpowering that I was sure that would be my last experience. Later that day I kept smelling this wonderful fragrance that just kept getting better as time went by. Now I love it--and now know to walk into a mist of the spray instead of spraying it directly on me ;) I typically love florals so this is a stretch for me. This is a complex fragrance that I can't get enough of!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2005 12:15:00 AM More reviews by spamela74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I found out that this latest Versace perfume had notes of gardenia and amber, I had to try it. Unfortunately, I was not too impressed. It's simply...OK. The gardenia is lush and the amber provides warmth but this is not a perfume that smells particularly special to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2005 1:45:00 AM More reviews by DebraSD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gardenias? Fruits? I don't smell either one of these "top notes" in this scent at all. I know what Gardenias smell like and this is not it. Bottom line, it smells like CEDAR to me and ON me. I purchased a candle from Yankee Candles called "Cedar and Nutmeg" (which gives me a headache) and I have to say this fragrance smells very similiar. It's heavy and over-powering and gave me a headache 2 hours into wearing it. I will be taking this back to Nordstroms.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2005 2:01:00 PM More reviews by tmarie78

This is a recent huge surprise for me--tested it reluctantly at a Nordstrom SA's insistence, and was mildly surprised. Then I took a sample home and promptly fell in love--this is a beautiful sexy, fresh floral gardenia, that I will be wearing a lot. Not a huge Versace fan myself, but this fragrance smells gorgeous on me, and the bottle is striking, as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2005 7:46:00 PM More reviews by nightqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't have it yet but I really want it!!! I smelled it on my coworker a couple weeks ago and have been obbsessed with it ever since. The first whiff I got was this coconut scent mixed with creamy floralness. And so as soon as I had the chance I rushed over to Nordstom and tried it for myself. It's not as coconutty on me but it's still creamy and rich, with amber floral notes. I guess it's the gardenia mixed w/ amber that does it. I't very feminine ands sophisticated and lasts a decent amount of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2005 8:59:00 AM More reviews by lachaseauxpapillons

After smelling Versace's Blonde I swore never to come near Versace fragrances again, but was seduced by Crystal Noir's packaging and actually like the EDP a lot. It is very elegant, understadedly floral, really nice. Finally a Versace perfume I can wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2005 1:49:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Edited: wow, I am going to have to get a big huge bottle. I have a mini and samples. It's incredible, but it takes a while to grow on you. The notes are gardenia and amber; however, it's got a lot of spicy fig in it. It's a beautiful, sulty, original sexy scent. The bottle is very pretty with its aubergine/onyx crystal. I didn't "get" the scent at first, but it haunted me, as my true loves have tended to do. Nice job, Versace!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2005 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Samsara26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this scent. I am working off a sample from sephora. All i can say is its very mysterious and sexy. Its definatly a stretch from the fragrances I usually wear tho.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2005 11:23:00 PM More reviews by BubbaJab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Horrible fruit juice! Nothing of a "NOIR" fragrance...Shiseido cult fragrance "Nombre Noir" remember?
Talking about Shiseido, no wonder why Donatella wears Salons Palais Royal Shiseido by Serge Lutens scents !!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2004 10:02:00 AM More reviews by texasceleste

I hated this and thought it was mannish the first time I tried it; however, I do like this the more I try it. However, the gardenia top note does not last *at all* and it ends up smelling like straight up sandalwood on me. I got it as a Sephora sample and I wear it occasionally, but it's too woody for me to actually buy. Sexy, though, and the men do love it. Good for winter parties.