December 22, 2014 | 1263 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2007 12:21:00 AM More reviews by socaldreamer

I got this in the GWP fall makeup bag. I was pretty much thinking it was going to be dud. But to my surprise I was wrong! I absolutely LOVE it.

I have very sensitive eyes and yes it did sting a little the first couple times I used it but don't most makeup removers? I use liquid liner, eyeshadow and waterproof mascara and with one or two swipes everything except a bit of mascara is gone.

I had to go back and get it now while its on sale! Only $8.00 compared to the regualr $14.50. You can't beat that! This is now a staple on my bathroom counter!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Lola_Bear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OUCH. This stings your eyes. I got a sample of this included in GWP which is the only reason I tried it. Terrible product. Absolutely terrible. Irritated my eyes, clouded up my contacts....and even worse, did NOT remove my eye makeup.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2007 1:29:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had to edit my review on this. I like how this is less oily than some others, and I liked it at first, but it's not that effective. It's okay for removing just mascara, and I liked that it wasn't filmy, but when I put on a full eye's worth of makeup and Urban Decay Primer Potion, it didn't remove makeup very well, and it was hard to get the mascara off. It did sting a little after a while, too. I don't know why it didn't sting at first. I'll stick with my Clinique Take The Day Off.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by erinrach80

It's 'okay' for taking off eye makeup. I wouldn't buy this product again, though. It's very gentle, but stings like heck if it gets in your eye. I don't feel like it fully does the job it's supposed to do.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2007 1:47:00 PM More reviews by athenegoddess

i got this in a sample bottle from the body shop. the bottle is very adorable and the remover itself is very lightweight and cooling. It took off most of my makeup effectively and without drying out my skin. however, as i use waterproof makeup, i still have to use my maybelline eye makeupremover to take off the mascara ; therefore i will not repurchase when i run out off the chamomile. i do recommend for people with sensitive skin like mine though !

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2007 6:19:00 AM More reviews by tealeafdoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product just really didn't remove my eye m/u at all! It is super gentle,but for me totally uneffective. I had to literally scrub at my eyes to remove anything! I would recommend an oil for eye m/u removal, my preference is safflower. The only thing that I like about the product is it has a resonable scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2007 2:09:00 PM More reviews by shantic

Terrible, terrible, terrible! As a few others have mentioned, make-up doesn't slide off easily with this. I'm a pretty impatient person so I got annoyed fairly quickly with this. I also got a really bad allergic reaction to this. Funny thing is, when I was complaining about it to a friend, she said the exact same thing happened to her. Stay clear, girls.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2007 10:39:00 AM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was using the Clinique Rinse Off -- which is perhaps a little more effective, but seemed to dry out my under eye area. I hate silicone in anything and most certainly do not want it in my eyes, so after some research, I came across this one and am quite pleased. I only use a remover after I have cleansed, to clean up what was left behind from my cleanser. I don't like using a remover first, because I find I pull too much on my eye area. This one is perfect for what I need. I can see where it wouldn't be enough for people who use any waterproof makeup. I don't have any issues with stinging and you get quite a bit for $11.00. I'm reviewing the Gentle (not the gel).

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2007 5:40:00 PM More reviews by lipShmackin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Bloody hell! You'd think a Ch/Camomile titled-anything would be, as it states on this Body Shop bottle.."gentle". To be honest, its pretty well priced and it DOES do the job, it gets your eye make up off nicely, i use ear buds / q-tips to get into the all those little corners and crevices but when it gets in my eyes it stings wicked and worse of all it leaves the skin around my eyes sore and red. The first time i used it, i wasn't sure if the eye makeup remover was the cause but when i ran out of my Chanel GENTLE BiPhase i stupidly turned to this to get off that hard to get, under eye eyeliner and of course the same thing happened *smacks head*. I'm now left with a full bottle of the stuff and I can happily say i will NOT be repurchasing! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 3:31:00 AM More reviews by fqari84

This is actually the only eye make up remover I use...I usually use plain ol' baby oil and I rarely use much make up anyways, usually it's just concealer and some mascara...maybe abit of eyeshadow once in a while, but I like how gentle this is and it works efficiently enough to remove any kind of eye make up. I don't think it's extremely cheap (cut off a lippie for that) considering the fact that i was using baby oil before, but it does last quite a while...then again it's also because I don't use much make up. I tried Maybelline's eye make up remover once and that gave me milia, so I'll still re-purchase this one when I run out...it's just so gentle and water-like, I really like it.