The Body Shop Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Coco-Glucoside, Carbomer, Algae Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 9/26/2007 2:47:00 AM

I ttook a week of use before the eye irritation started now BAD EYE IRRITATION and starting to irritate my face. ON top of that, THE SALES PEOPLE WERE RUDE when I returned this!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This really stings. It does a mediocre job of removing eye make-up -- which is bad enough -- but it also leaves my eyes stinging. As soon as I wash it all off with water it's fine, but still, those few moments of near blindness and discomfort make this product deserving of a recall from the shelves. I would never recommend this to anyone nor will I be repurchasing it.

on 9/17/2007 12:21:00 AM

I got this in the GWP fall makeup bag. I was pretty much thinking it was going to be dud. But to my surprise I was wrong! I absolutely LOVE it.

I have very sensitive eyes and yes it did sting a little the first couple times I used it but don't most makeup removers? I use liquid liner, eyeshadow and waterproof mascara and with one or two swipes everything except a bit of mascara is gone.

I had to go back and get it now while its on sale! Only $8.00 compared to the regualr $14.50. You can't beat that! This is now a staple on my bathroom counter!

on 9/9/2007 9:44:00 PM

OUCH. This stings your eyes. I got a sample of this included in GWP which is the only reason I tried it. Terrible product. Absolutely terrible. Irritated my eyes, clouded up my contacts....and even worse, did NOT remove my eye makeup.

on 9/9/2007 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I had to edit my review on this. I like how this is less oily than some others, and I liked it at first, but it's not that effective. It's okay for removing just mascara, and I liked that it wasn't filmy, but when I put on a full eye's worth of makeup and Urban Decay Primer Potion, it didn't remove makeup very well, and it was hard to get the mascara off. It did sting a little after a while, too. I don't know why it didn't sting at first. I'll stick with my Clinique Take The Day Off.

on 9/8/2007 6:21:00 PM

It's 'okay' for taking off eye makeup. I wouldn't buy this product again, though. It's very gentle, but stings like heck if it gets in your eye. I don't feel like it fully does the job it's supposed to do.

i got this in a sample bottle from the body shop. the bottle is very adorable and the remover itself is very lightweight and cooling. It took off most of my makeup effectively and without drying out my skin. however, as i use waterproof makeup, i still have to use my maybelline eye makeupremover to take off the mascara ; therefore i will not repurchase when i run out off the chamomile. i do recommend for people with sensitive skin like mine though !

on 8/21/2007 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This product just really didn't remove my eye m/u at all! It is super gentle,but for me totally uneffective. I had to literally scrub at my eyes to remove anything! I would recommend an oil for eye m/u removal, my preference is safflower. The only thing that I like about the product is it has a resonable scent.

on 8/17/2007 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Terrible, terrible, terrible! As a few others have mentioned, make-up doesn't slide off easily with this. I'm a pretty impatient person so I got annoyed fairly quickly with this. I also got a really bad allergic reaction to this. Funny thing is, when I was complaining about it to a friend, she said the exact same thing happened to her. Stay clear, girls.

on 7/19/2007 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was using the Clinique Rinse Off -- which is perhaps a little more effective, but seemed to dry out my under eye area. I hate silicone in anything and most certainly do not want it in my eyes, so after some research, I came across this one and am quite pleased. I only use a remover after I have cleansed, to clean up what was left behind from my cleanser. I don't like using a remover first, because I find I pull too much on my eye area. This one is perfect for what I need. I can see where it wouldn't be enough for people who use any waterproof makeup. I don't have any issues with stinging and you get quite a bit for $11.00. I'm reviewing the Gentle (not the gel).