April 16, 2014 | 1550 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2007 2:09:00 PM More reviews by shantic

Terrible, terrible, terrible! As a few others have mentioned, make-up doesn't slide off easily with this. I'm a pretty impatient person so I got annoyed fairly quickly with this. I also got a really bad allergic reaction to this. Funny thing is, when I was complaining about it to a friend, she said the exact same thing happened to her. Stay clear, girls.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2007 10:39:00 AM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was using the Clinique Rinse Off -- which is perhaps a little more effective, but seemed to dry out my under eye area. I hate silicone in anything and most certainly do not want it in my eyes, so after some research, I came across this one and am quite pleased. I only use a remover after I have cleansed, to clean up what was left behind from my cleanser. I don't like using a remover first, because I find I pull too much on my eye area. This one is perfect for what I need. I can see where it wouldn't be enough for people who use any waterproof makeup. I don't have any issues with stinging and you get quite a bit for $11.00. I'm reviewing the Gentle (not the gel).

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2007 5:40:00 PM More reviews by lipShmackin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Bloody hell! You'd think a Ch/Camomile titled-anything would be, as it states on this Body Shop bottle.."gentle". To be honest, its pretty well priced and it DOES do the job, it gets your eye make up off nicely, i use ear buds / q-tips to get into the all those little corners and crevices but when it gets in my eyes it stings wicked and worse of all it leaves the skin around my eyes sore and red. The first time i used it, i wasn't sure if the eye makeup remover was the cause but when i ran out of my Chanel GENTLE BiPhase i stupidly turned to this to get off that hard to get, under eye eyeliner and of course the same thing happened *smacks head*. I'm now left with a full bottle of the stuff and I can happily say i will NOT be repurchasing! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 3:31:00 AM More reviews by fqari84

This is actually the only eye make up remover I use...I usually use plain ol' baby oil and I rarely use much make up anyways, usually it's just concealer and some mascara...maybe abit of eyeshadow once in a while, but I like how gentle this is and it works efficiently enough to remove any kind of eye make up. I don't think it's extremely cheap (cut off a lippie for that) considering the fact that i was using baby oil before, but it does last quite a while...then again it's also because I don't use much make up. I tried Maybelline's eye make up remover once and that gave me milia, so I'll still re-purchase this one when I run out...it's just so gentle and water-like, I really like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2007 8:34:00 PM More reviews by lvn4jesus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have a friend who sells Body Shop products (I have friends that sell just about every consultant based make-up product). I purchased the makeup remover to help her out. I used Mary Kay makeup remover for many years, no complaints with it. The Body Shop stuff doesn't "melt" the eye makeup off like the MK stuff. I have to use a little more "elbow grease" to get eye shadow, eyeliner, and mascara off. I also noticed the skin around my eyes dry out more when I use this product. I have to use extra moisturizer in the eye area. Not bad if I had dry/normal skin. I have oily/blemish prone skin, so I know something is not quite right in this product for me. I think I'll go back to MK.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by cheryls

This product made my eyes sting.It made my blemishes sting too - not so gentle like its name claims afterall. But the sting goes away after using this for a few days. A decent product that does its job but I like Clinique's Take The Day Off much much better. Ok, for its price but I'm sure I can get something better in the same price range. I wont be repurchasing this. I've been using this everywhere trying to finish it up, I use it on the rest of my face and to clean my m/u brushes and sponges. As a brush cleaner, it works well diluted in some water, but you should give this a miss.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2007 8:28:00 PM More reviews by aura_brite1

The bottle is a little blah, especially for the price, but this is my favorite eye-makeup remover!
It seems like other eye makeup removers were either too greasey and I got pimples, or to strong and irritated my skin and eyes. This is nice and lightweight. It's not only gentle, but soothing, and it gets everything off. My sking looks good after , too.
My tip - if you get eye makeup smudged on your face or a blob of mascara, just put some of this eye makeup remover on a q-tip and dab it on the makeup - it will come right off!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2007 8:55:00 PM More reviews by EJMcCull

This is truly the HG of make-up removers. I've used clinique, estee lauder, etc. and they don't even come close! I have bright white towels in my bathroom and with any other makeup remover I ALWAYS still somehow manage to get black on my towels. I found this remover by chance - it was on sale for $5 so I gave it a try and loved, loved, loved it. It lasted me 6 months, even with every day use and the chamomile is truly quite calming at the end of the day. After I ran out of this I wanted to use up some sample-sizes of other make-up removers. Yeah, that lasted all of about 2 weeks and then I HAD to go back to the Body Shop. I payed full price this time (around $14 I think), but it's worth every penny! No black spots on my towels anymore!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2007 9:36:00 AM More reviews by PrincessVela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

You'd think chamomile would be gentle, but this actually stings my eyes! It works fine for everyday eye makeup, but don't even think about using it to remove anything waterproof. Aside from the fact that it can sting, it sometimes leaves a sticky residue, so the eye area has to be rinsed. There's better removers for as much or less money.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by xjuteveux

Holy crap I love this shit. Its SOOO gentle to your eyes, so you can get into all those crevises.(sp?)