Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/20/2014 12:18:00 PM

I was given this as a gift, at first I didnt want to try it, I dont like to use many layers of things. And an eyelid primer seemed overkill... But I realized that my oily skin and allergic, watery eyes were ruining my eye makeup within the first 2 hours or less of application so I gave this a try. I dont use a primer on the rest of my face, but I do use this on my eyelids, and sometimes I use it on my entire eye area, eyebrows included, because I fill mine in with pencil.
It really works to hold the eyeshadow and liner in place, and it feels light and velvety.
I love the Urban Decay eyeshadow in "Sin" as an all over lid light rosy champagne color wash, and I recently saw this primer available in that color. Im tempted to try it, but I think I prefer to repurchase this plain version, and buy the Sin eyeshadow shade separately.

on 9/20/2014 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm hooked. I resisted this because of the price for quite a while, but I'm so glad I tried it. I apply my face primer all over (including my eyelids), then follow up with a dot of this stuff rubbed into each lid. My eye makeup lasts as long as I need it to - up to 16 hours! This is incredible, considering my oily skin and constant eye-watering due to contacts and allergies. I would love to find something cheaper, but the fact that this lasts so long for me helps mitigate the pain of the price. Love the packaging, it's cute and very practical. The tube helps dispense just the right amount - I only ever need a tiny dot for each eye. This is NOT a white or clear product, it's tinted to match your skin tone so it really is undetectable. I want to try WNW Fergie's Take on the Day b/c it's so affordable and well-reviewed, but if that doesn't work I will be buying this again!

on 9/18/2014 10:28:00 PM

So far, this one is my favorite. I've tried other "flavors" of the UDPP, but I like this one the best. It has great staying power. My eyeshadow looks pretty much the same at the end of a 12-hour day as it did at the start--no creasing, no fading. Couldn't ask for much more than that.

on 9/18/2014 3:22:00 PM

My favorite.

on 9/13/2014 9:54:00 AM

Best eye makeup primer I have used. I have very oily skin and live in Florida and this primer keeps my eye makeup from melting.

on 9/13/2014 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Back in the day, I had a potion-shaped tube of this stuff. More recently, I got a sample with my Naked palette. Happily, it took a while to run through the original UDPP. Eyeshadow primer is great because it makes eyeshadow more vibrant and last longer. That being said, it is not a miracle worker, especially for the dark-skinned, in terms of vibrancy of eyeshadows. I also use NYX Milk on top of UDPP to make the pigment stand out even more. The stickiness of the UDPP is not enough on its own for me.

I probably will not buy this anytime soon, because I still have to get through the other samples and a small tube of UDPP in Sin.

on 9/11/2014 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this eye shadow primer but after you apply it try putting a MAC paint pot on top before your eye shadow as a base. It really helps the shadow to show up more pigmented and last all day and night. My favorites are painterly and soft ochre due to them both being neutral on me which makes it easy to wear any variation of colors on top.

Very good product. Does what it claims.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really like this primer. I have to use additional primers but I have really oily eyelids.

This potion changed my whole opinions on how I look at eyeshadows... i used to hate them, no but really really hate them, i used to refuse to wear any kind of shadow on my lids...
When i went to Sephora one girl working their asked me if i knew about the URBAN DECAY primer potion and i told her no, she made me try it and told me to add a little eye shadow on top and to come back to her in 4 hours... so i did...
(4 hours later) i came back into the store and she saw me and walked over to me and told me to look at my eyelids and i did, i was amazed that the shadow was still on fully, no fallouts, just a perfect eyelid (like i just put on some shadow) this product truly changed my opinion on how i look and shadows! so the girl told me if i was satisfied and i told her i was 100% satisfied, i bought this product and since then i have bought over 6 bottles! if i had to spend my money on a makeup product BELIEVE ME AND TRUST ME THIS WOULD BE THE PRODUCT I WOULD SPEND MY MONEY ON !!!

Another amazing product by URBAN DECAY.. gotta love em <3