April 19, 2014 | 1118 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Poinky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hands down, the UDPP is the best eyeshadow primer in the market! It makes my eyeshadow stay for longer periods of time. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by starskye

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have an oily face, therefore oily eyelids. I used this eye primer for a long time but at the end of the day my eye makeup was faded and creased, then I discovered bare escentuals eye primer and BAM my eye makeup lasted longer. It's probably okay for people who don't have oily skin. I know it's bad, but even when I get too lazy to take off my makeup before bed, my eyemakeup is still on in the morning. Buh bye UD Primer Potion!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by ccharbs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Urban Decay, and this Primer Potion holds up alright, but it doesn't stand out as a product I would rave about or be at a loss without. It definitely prevents creasing with my eye shadows, but I prefer other products for enhancing the colour of my shadows (Nars eye shadow primer does a good job for cheaper).

For the price, I don't think I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

Perfect priming product. It works really well providing longevity to your eye shadows and preventing possible fall out. All what you can expect from an eye primer.
The applicator isn't very hygienic, I would probably prefer a tube with a pointed end. Yet The way the product works, I can't complain much.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by kendraemiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So as far as the primer war between Too Faced and Urban Decay goes, I'm team UD. I like Urban decay's formula more, I noticed eyeshadows for me just stay longer with UD than TF.

I used to use Too Faced shadow insurance, back when the packaging for this was the purple genie bottle thing, and the new packaging is soooooooo much better.

It's expensive but it's keeps eyeshadows vibrant, smooth in texture and longwearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

This stuff is UH-MAZE-ING :-) I hadn't tried primers until fairly recently as I only used my makeup on my lids. I would get creasing and icky throughout the day so I ordered this stuff. Yes, I'm loving it! I just purchased the new Rimmel Exaggerate, so I'll see if it compares because it's much cheaper, but if that stuff doesn't work out I'll order more UDPP.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by ectoplasmicgoo13

I think this is a good primer! It works really well for preventing creasing and smudging, and intensifying colors. However, I prefer the Wet n Wild primer (from the Fergie collection) to this one because it does basically the same thing, but for a quarter of the price. Also, I had a problem with this primer making it difficult to blend. It seemed like it locked my eyeshadows into place a little too well, to the point that they would skip and look uneven sometimes. All in all I do think that this primer is good, but not worth the high price since there are more affordable options that perform the same way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Do you want your eye shadow to stay put? Not crease? And look just like you put it on when it is the end of the work day?

This is your HG. This should be in every shadow users staple collection. Hands down the best on the market. I do not love the wand and prefer the tube. That way I could control better how much I want to use on a brush. However if you can get past the wand issues you will discover this product works. It keeps shadows looking lovely and clean. It does not hurt my sensitive eyes or skin. It removes easily with cleanser. I love UD shadows and find this works with the chemical makeup of the shadows making them stay put and look as flattering as when I first put shadow on. It helps me to blend my shadow. I have used other primers that pil or worse flake off. This does neither. It stays put and does not dry out my eyelids. I have hooded eyes which means they get more action then the average with every blink. UD primer keeps my shadows looking fine all day. Love this stuff. Just wish they could come up with an alternative to the wand and the tube. I am thinking more like a tiny eyeshadow case that you can dip your brushes into. Maybe someone will follow through and make a dippable canister.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by ashleyl917

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this since college and it is something that I consistently repurchased. I have tried the e.l.f. primer which definitely works, but I far prefer the UDPP. It's something that I really hate to be without. I use it even on days when I'm not doing any eye makeup other than mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by browneyessmiles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the first eyeshadow primer I tried and I did like it. I have oily lids which always have problems with cream shadows and this helped. I've since tried the Nars eyeshadow primer and prefer that over this. I just like their more liquid consistency over the creamy one of this. I found that I often ended up squeezing too much of this from the tube.