July 24, 2014 | 1903 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2007 11:24:00 PM More reviews by fuzzzybunny

I've only been using this mask for a week. I think I really like it -- it tightens up my pores and it DOES look like they appear smaller.

The scent is wonderful.

Better than the other mask I've tried (Cupcake)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2007 3:37:00 PM More reviews by aeresu

One of the more expensive Lush masks and also one of the thinner/runny ones. This made it easier to spread onto my face but it was hard to layer it up. Towards the expiry date, it did thicken a little but not overly so and I managed to get about six masks out of one pot. I *loved* the smell of this facemask, but I may be biased since I love blueberries. I didn't really get any breakouts whilst I was using this facemask but the mask did not leave my skin smooth as Lush masks usually do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2007 4:53:00 PM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Catastrophe Cosmetic is the second LUSH mask that I've tried.. the first was Cupcake which I absolutely loved. Well, I have to admit that I love this one, too. I was looking for a mask that would soothe my stressed out red and blotchy skin and this mask certainly delivered. After one use, the redness on my fair and sensitive skin had almost completely vanished! Catastrophe Cosmetic has a very different texture than Cupcake; it's a bit runny, less thick, and easier to spread on. Fun to use, makes your face blue! Unfortunately, I didn't think it smelled very much like blueberries.. it had more of a perfume-y scent.. but it was pleasant and not too strong. Like some of the other reviewers, I also found that it left some residue on my face, but I just made sure to do a really thorough job of rinsing with lots and lots of water. Sometimes after using it, I found that my skin was a bit dry in some places, so I always moisturized after drying my face. The one thing I really didn't like about Catastrophe Cosmetic were the big chunks of blueberries in it.. seemed to me like they weren't there to actually do anything for your skin and only in the mask for decoration... Anyways - other than those few complaints, I really enjoyed using this mask and it worked extremely well at soothing my skin and taking away redness. Will definitely repurchase the next time my stress is showing on my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by MetisSiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Probably wouldn't purchase this again. I found the mask to leave a clay residue on my face that I could only get off with toner. I didn't find it to make my skin less red (not that it's overly red) and it didn't do anything to make my skin look great. It smelled okay, and I liked the blueberries in it, but I have found other Lush masks I like more, and I still have others to try. I also found that it was less smooth going on, quite a few little pieces fell onto my counter. The only major disappointment was the flimsy container - it broke and I had to put it in another container for the rest of the three weeks. I couldn't get all the way through this by the end of the three weeks, but I never have. I read about freezing the mask into individual portions using an ice cube tray and I'm going to try that with the masks I like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2007 4:26:00 AM More reviews by bluemushroom

i've tried it for 2 weeks (more than 4 applications) and I can say that i'm really pleased with this mask. I think its another winner from the lush. It managed to keep my skin calmed, soft and pimple free (even during that time of the month). Will buy it again once I'm run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2007 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Almondine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As far as my favourite Lush products go, this little purple darling is second only to A Crash Course in Skincare. Itís superb. Itís fantastic for healing and calming redness, and thereís something rather jolly about being slathered in a purple mask. Itís cleansing, cooling, softening and smells delicious.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2007 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Katty

I received a sample of this face mask at the LUSH store. I love the fact that LUSH has small sample jars, however, I do not like the fact that you have to dip your fingers into the jar.
This mask smells amazing and there are pieces of blueberry inside. I have oily skin so I thought this would help but it did not. After rinsing off the mask, I felt a layer of "residue", like I didn't wash it off completely. I even used my foaming cleanser but it did not help. I have had great experiences with some of the other LUSH masks but unfortunately, not this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2006 10:07:00 PM More reviews by caroni99

I love almost everything about Lush and was very excited to try my first bio fresh mask. I wanted to get brazen honey but the store was out of stock so I ended up with Catastrophe Cosmetic instead. My skin is combination more dry in the winter and oiler in the summer. The mask smells and looks like blueberry yogurt so yummy and fresh out of the fridge it is a delight to put on your face. Unfortunately the results on my skin are not that great. I started using CC around that "time of the month" when my skin is at it's worst hoping that it would calm some of my break outs and redness I normally experience. Well it did nothing for me at all. I noticed no difference in my skin after using it 3 times a week for two weeks (so far)-it was a little drying the first time I used it but after that I didn't notice it anymore. I don't think it was worth it for the results I got. I will definitely purchase another bio fresh mask as my sister has had great success with Cosmetic Warrior and the pot gives you way more than the four uses per pot they say. I'm still using my CC a week after the expiration and I am not worried at all as long as it does not smell or start to look bad. Others have had great results with this mask I guess it was not meant to be for me.Update: Okay so I have continued using this two weeks after the expiry date on the container and on non-pms skin it is actually quite nice keeping my skin smooth and clear. I managed to get 12 uses out of one pot even while using quite generously. Still don't think I would repurchase as I think they may be others in the same bio-fresh line that would be better. I'll give it an extra lippie though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2006 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Retrovertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually caught my SO sniffing a container of this and asked me if I'd made blueberry yogurt. This mask smells soooo good and although I'm a little skeptical as to whether it does anything for my face, I still will keep buying it as a treat.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2006 2:13:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I had an absolutely terrible, freak reaction to this product! Horrible,painful lumps all over my skin. I can't really explain this because the brazened honey mask, which is much more active, was fantastic.
I'd suggest this was probably just something individual to my skin; but I'd advise anyone prone to reactions to sample first!

Well priced because you get a number of uses out of it. Lush SA's were fantastic about exchanging too.