LUSH Catastrophe Cosmetic

3.9

(Calamine Powder is Zinc Oxide 'with a dash of Iron Oxide'-LUSH website) Ingredients: Calamine Powder, Talc, Irish Moss Gel (Chondrus crispus), Fresh Blueberries (Vaccinium myrtillus), Glycerine, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), *Limonene, Perfume, Colour 18050 * Occurs naturally in Essential Oils

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE THIS MASKKK.

If u use it right, it will make your skin red-free, non-oil and nice. (Although it may not work for people with super oily skin or super dry skin.) Put it on and wait. When u take it off, try to rub GENTLY. Those who rub hard will only get red skin. Be patient as it may take a while to get all of it off. Pat dry and if parts of ur face are dry, gently rub with a washcloth and apply moisterizer to those spots right after.

I LOVE the blueberries in this and it works great!

It makes my skin
- not red
- makes my pores look smaller
- makes my skin look fresh

This is the ONLY MASK THAT HELPS WITH OIL on my face

Enjoy!

Oh, forgot to mention THIS WILL NOT CURE YOUR ACNE OR PERFORM MIRACLES, but it is still good :)

this mask smells very strongly of chamomile, with maybe a hint of blueberries... and lingers long after i wash the mask off. it's not a bad scent, but still a bit too heavy for my usual preference. there are bits of blueberry in the mask, which is also what turns the mask itself a pretty shade of blue-purple. it's a little messy to apply because the consistency, which is a little thick, causes the product to migrate to the top of my fingers as i try to spread it on my face before it falls off. another annoying part is that when it dries, the mask becomes flakey and little bits have a tendency to "dust" off. i love the initial application of the mask though... so cooling (from having been stored in the fridge). the mask itself is ok -- didn't perform any miracles. i did find that it seemed to temporarily brighten my skin a bit and reduce some of the redness, but was disappointed that my face didn't feel particularly soft like other reviews mentioned. i love that this is "fresh" and i find it to be decently priced... and since i have a smaller face, i do get more bang for my buck. i also actually like that this has an expiration date since it forces me to use this more regularly. however, given the messy application, i might have to pass on this one in the future.

Beautifully scented (as expected from LUSH) and left my skin so matte and smooth!
my skin looked much more radient after using this and im sure thats down to the antioxidants in the blueberries working their magic.

great value for money and will definitly buy this one again.

It does absolutely nothing to my skin and it's so hard to wash it off my face.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

In love with this!!!! =] My first fresh face mask from LUSH, and I'm very impressed. It is supposed to help correct redness in the skin, and it does exactly that. It made with real blueberries, and the coolest thing I saw when applying this was that the blueberries sometimes come out in chunks, so that's really neat =] The only thing I don't like is that it's very dusty/crumbly when it dries, so I look down at my shirt and see little pieces of blue dust on it. That's a bit annoying, but for all the good the mask does, I can live with it. After taking the mask off, my skin was like a GHOST! But it really took the redness away, and kept it away even until the next morning when I put my makeup on. It does leave your skin feeling/looking powdery which is kinda cool. Overall, great product. It comes in a cute little tub which is good for 2-3 weeks, and you can get more than 4 masks out of!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

All I can say is NO for this product. I bought it and had such high hopes for this. If I only write one review for this username (ridemebigsheldon) has my other reviews - it will be for this.

Cystic breakouts on my cheeks. Awesome. Too bad since this product seemed so fresh and lovely, and I loved how my skin almost felt powdery afterward. Must have been a film or something, but it just didn't do my skin good. Oh well.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this for the first time last time and i will say straight away it is the nicest smelling product i have ever used on my face, lush should make a solid perfume out of this smell... mmm delicious, it applies really well and has little bits of blueberry in it... heavenly, i dries very nicely and it easy to wash off, leaves the skin sooo nice and soft. this is THE best facemask I have ever used and would reccomend it to anyone even those with sensitive or sore skin as it cools and soothes with cammomile

if you're only going to try one face mask from lush, it should be this one. i wish i lived closer to a store so i'd never have to be without it. unfortunately the closest one is about an hour away and i can only get out there once every couple of months.

this makes my skin SO soft, i can't even believe it. and it calms down my redness big time, which is major for me. it even smells nice! i love this. i just ran out of my second jar, thank goodness i'm visiting lush sometime this week. i can't live without it now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Edit: Ehhh, I don't love it that much anymore to warrant a 5. I find myself buying brazened honey much more, possibly because I'm more into the detox/cleansing masks and my acne just got worse (nothing to do with LUSH, lol). I can see myself reaching for this one when my skin calms down though!

I really, really like this product! I can't refrain myself from writing a product, even though I've only just tried it yesterday night. Because I'm scared of aggravating my acne in ANY way, I am usually wary of perfumes and dyes and whatnot in my skincare products. I've been avoiding Lush all these years because, well, it simply SMELLS too much. I was convinced that it would harm my skin.

I used it yesterday and wow! My face felt so smooth. To be completely fair, I don't know if it's PURELY because of this mask because I used Mask of Magnanimity right before, rinsed it off, and layered on this one. The grains of... whatever it was in the mask (azuki? blueberry?) wasn't prickly at all but still gently exfoliated my skin. The mask just felt so... LUSH. My skin felt pampered. I rinsed it off and followed with my usual skincare. I ended with 2 drops of 5% oregano oil in kukui nut oil instead of my usual moisturizer. That night in bed, I could not stop stroking my cheek. Maybe it was the kukui nut oil. Either way, this combo works for me so I'm sticking to it! This mask definitely doesn't dry your skin out and when it "dries," it doesn't crack and crumble like normal clay masks, so it still feels good. Definitely a keeper (:

TRY THIS.