September 22, 2014 | 962 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by em1387

I absolutely love this mask! I've been a fan of bio-fresh for a while and this is probably the best i've tried. I have combination skin that gets irritated easily. This mask helps to calm down any redness or irritation that i get and does help with clarifying my oily areas. The scent is to die for, fruity and floral, that typical lush scent. Will keep buying this till i can get no more.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by LauraPlum

I bought this on impulse when I walked by a LUSH shop after work one Friday. I liked the sound of a blueberry mask with detoxifying properties. It feels nice to apply and smells good too (but more floral, not fruity). I find that it does leave a thick residue, but I can scrub it off with a washcloth and a bit of facewash. Unfortunately this just isn't a 'wow' product for me. It didn't have any ill effects, but it didn't make my skin feel particularly soft or smooth afterwards either. However, I DID find that it did a noticeable job of reducing redness on any areas of my face that I had poked at before applying the mask (I know, I know). Anyone that has a problem with skin redness should definitely give this a try, and if you can afford to keep some of this mask sitting around (since it does expire) it's a good emergency cure for when you cave and pick your skin or get a red, angry pimple.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2008 5:50:00 PM More reviews by lynnelynne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love Catastrophe Cosmetic and am absolutely hooked. I have sensitive skin that can get very stressed out from time to time and CC never fails to help it.
I am a fan of Cupcake as well, but that can be drying wheras CC helps oily bits and moisturises dry bits.
I would never use anything other than fresh facemasks, and Catastrophe Cosmetic is top of the list every time (also tastes nice).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 4:18:00 PM More reviews by CWHF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a fan of the bio-fresh masks and my previous favorite was brazened honey which is a lovely exfoliative mask. Unfortunately, I think that mask was not designed for long term use and it turned on me giving me irritation. The LUSH SAs recommended this mask to calm my skin back down and it worked very well. It is a much more gentle exfoliation than Brazened Honey. I love the blueberry-ish smell (though it is a bit perfume-y it is very pleasant) and it spreads easily and as usual the tub gives a generous amount. I am using it 2 times a week (currently on my second pot) and my skin is returned to clarity with a bit of a glow. Only downside is you must rinse really well to get rid of the residue; careful if using it in the mornings you don't miss a patch. Definitely will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2007 11:24:00 PM More reviews by fuzzzybunny

I've only been using this mask for a week. I think I really like it -- it tightens up my pores and it DOES look like they appear smaller.

The scent is wonderful.

Better than the other mask I've tried (Cupcake)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2007 3:37:00 PM More reviews by aeresu

One of the more expensive Lush masks and also one of the thinner/runny ones. This made it easier to spread onto my face but it was hard to layer it up. Towards the expiry date, it did thicken a little but not overly so and I managed to get about six masks out of one pot. I *loved* the smell of this facemask, but I may be biased since I love blueberries. I didn't really get any breakouts whilst I was using this facemask but the mask did not leave my skin smooth as Lush masks usually do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2007 4:53:00 PM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Catastrophe Cosmetic is the second LUSH mask that I've tried.. the first was Cupcake which I absolutely loved. Well, I have to admit that I love this one, too. I was looking for a mask that would soothe my stressed out red and blotchy skin and this mask certainly delivered. After one use, the redness on my fair and sensitive skin had almost completely vanished! Catastrophe Cosmetic has a very different texture than Cupcake; it's a bit runny, less thick, and easier to spread on. Fun to use, makes your face blue! Unfortunately, I didn't think it smelled very much like blueberries.. it had more of a perfume-y scent.. but it was pleasant and not too strong. Like some of the other reviewers, I also found that it left some residue on my face, but I just made sure to do a really thorough job of rinsing with lots and lots of water. Sometimes after using it, I found that my skin was a bit dry in some places, so I always moisturized after drying my face. The one thing I really didn't like about Catastrophe Cosmetic were the big chunks of blueberries in it.. seemed to me like they weren't there to actually do anything for your skin and only in the mask for decoration... Anyways - other than those few complaints, I really enjoyed using this mask and it worked extremely well at soothing my skin and taking away redness. Will definitely repurchase the next time my stress is showing on my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by MetisSiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Probably wouldn't purchase this again. I found the mask to leave a clay residue on my face that I could only get off with toner. I didn't find it to make my skin less red (not that it's overly red) and it didn't do anything to make my skin look great. It smelled okay, and I liked the blueberries in it, but I have found other Lush masks I like more, and I still have others to try. I also found that it was less smooth going on, quite a few little pieces fell onto my counter. The only major disappointment was the flimsy container - it broke and I had to put it in another container for the rest of the three weeks. I couldn't get all the way through this by the end of the three weeks, but I never have. I read about freezing the mask into individual portions using an ice cube tray and I'm going to try that with the masks I like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2007 4:26:00 AM More reviews by bluemushroom

i've tried it for 2 weeks (more than 4 applications) and I can say that i'm really pleased with this mask. I think its another winner from the lush. It managed to keep my skin calmed, soft and pimple free (even during that time of the month). Will buy it again once I'm run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2007 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Almondine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As far as my favourite Lush products go, this little purple darling is second only to A Crash Course in Skincare. Itís superb. Itís fantastic for healing and calming redness, and thereís something rather jolly about being slathered in a purple mask. Itís cleansing, cooling, softening and smells delicious.