Philosophy Help Me

3.9

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Emulsfying Wax, Glycerin, C10-30 Cholesterol / Lanosterol Esters, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Retinol , Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate/ Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Peg-10 Soy Sterol, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methylparaben, Triethanolamine, Disodium Edta, Bisabolol, Bht, Polysorbate 20, Propyl Gallate, Ascorbic Acid.

BIG disappointment with this one! I had such high hopes based on the reviews here, and since pigmentation and large pores are my two biggest skin complaints, I thought Help Me would be perfect for me. Unfortunately, after three or four weeks of using it faithfully, I have to admit that all it does is dry out my skin -- my pores and dark spots are the same, but my skin is flaky *and* I've actually broken out more than usual. Since I started using this, I also had a weird reaction to Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion in a Jar (which I'd been using regularly with good results). The first time I used it after adding Help Me to my skincare regimen, it felt like my face was on fire! And my skin was itchy, burning and flaking the next day. For now, I've stopped using Help Me and started slathering my face with Cetaphil cream at night so I can get my skin recovered enough to go back to my Hope in a Jar, which I love. An expensive mistake. :(

on 9/3/2004 5:42:00 AM

I started using this when I noticed tiny pimples around my eyes and forehead. They almost looked like clogged pores, but more raised. Within a week of using this product, my face completely cleared and has been smooth ever since. I did go to a dermatologist and have started using retin-A. I use retin-A one night, nothing the next, Help me the next night, nothing the next etc. This combo has left me with mos def clear, possibly younger looking skin.

on 7/13/2004 10:37:00 AM

I have been using this product for about 1 week, and its already greatly improved the situation with my pores and blemishes. (I'm a AAB with Combo Skin, especially around the Tzone) Just remember to only use this at night and to wear sunscreen if you can't avoid being in the sun. Try to stay clear away thin skin area, because i applied to my whole face on the first 2 nights and found that it made my skin around the eyes a bit sensative/raw. After stopping for a few nights, and using my H20 green tea moisturizer on those thin area instead, i find my skin soft and pores looks smaller and cleaner. Especially around my nose area, its just so clean and smooth! I normally breakout during the week of my period, which was the week I started to use Help Me. And my skin didn't break out a single bit!! This stuff is amazing and you do see immediate results! Great buy!

on 5/24/2004 3:28:00 PM

This product saved me!! I am just 20 and when I came to college my face just exploded with pimples. I had an occasional pimple in high school, but I did have a really clear face.
I had been looking for something to help and I tried everything!
I would break out on my chin, around my nose and on my forehead, I even started to break out on my cheeks. After about 2 solid years of break outs and no real solution my face began to scar.

I stumbled onto a website talking about retinol to help with acne and oily skin, so I decided to try it. I tried a sample of Green Cream first, but found that it was too harsh for my skin. And after about a month of debating on whether or not I should spend the $45 on this product, I did. It took a few weeks to see results, but they came. I bought it in January of 2004 and since then my scars have faded dramatically, and I have virtually no acne. As I was away at college when I went home to visit, my mother was amazed at the change in texture of my skin. Plus it helped control my oily skin. It is still oily, but nothing like it was.
This product does cause some gentle peeling especially when you first start using it, but nothing like what I have seen the Rx stuff do. Also, you may break out at first(it is normal), but stick with it because after that say hello to clearer skin. I still have my tube, it is a little less than half gone, I will repurchase if I ever run out. Make sure to use a sunscreen with this stuff it makes your skin sensitive. Great product!! continued >>

I've been using this for about 3 weeks and haven't seen any improvement in my skin.
I'm 47 with very oily, acne-prone skin and was hoping for a smoother skin tone with smaller pores. I'll finish this tube but won't buy anymore.

on 3/23/2004 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have dry skin with large pores. So finding a product that fits for the two is not an easy task. This does the trick. I can not use this alone or my skin will look quite dry. I tried philosophy hope in a jar for dry sensitive skin over help me. This was a bit much because my poors were looking big. I then tried the regular philosophy hope in a jar and it works perfect. This stuff really makes my pores appear smaller. As far as my wrinkles it is to soon to tell. I will update at the end of my tube.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am 35 with dry sun damged wrinkled skin. Oh and lucky me I have large poors on my t-zone even though my skin is drier. I tried Save Me for over a month and saw no results so I figured Id give this a try. I feel like this is doing something. Not huge difference except my poors look tighter and smaller. I use a moisturizer over it. I have my fingers crossed would buy again.

on 9/27/2003 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am nearly finished with my first tube and am not sure what I am going to do without it! It has really improved my skin, I no longer have break outs aside from the ocassional monthly buggers! I have some other night creams to finish up so I will try to wean myself off this and finish those. I am certain I will come back to it and repurchase!

This is the best retinol product I've ever used! I like it even more than Green Cream. It really helps keep my pores clear and my skin is so smooth and even toned. I have oily skin and this is my favorite product for helping to prevent breakouts.

on 11/10/2002 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This didn't do anything for me except dry out my skin.

Popular Face Skincare Products