Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 4/27/2008 2:04:00 AM

Just bought this in Stay Buff. I told the CL I wanted something to carry in my purse just for touching up throughout the day, since I use liquid foundation in the morning (these days either L'Oreal Infallible or Maybelline Mineral Power). She kind of half-heartedly directed me to this (she wasn't very motivated to help me in general) and she didn't even bother to test any of the shades on me, but I was there, and it was Bonus time, so I chose Stay Buff by myself, which was risky considering how very fair I am and how very clueless I can be about shades. My husband was off in the men's department, so I was pretty much on my own. But I really wanted the bonus gift and am NEVER at department stores, so I had to seize the moment.

I put it on as soon as I got in the car but couldn't really see how it looked since it as night. I had forgotten all about it, actually, until we made our next stop, Target. As we were walking around I suddenly remembered and asked my husband how it looked. Now, he doesn't really like my makeup habits, thinks I wear too much, and never says anything other than "You look fine", but this time he was really happy with it! He says it made me look "less made-up" and that he liked the way it looked on me.

I looked in a mirror in the home section and my skin looked lovely! It definitely got rid of the shine, and the color was a PERFECT match, which meant either I had great luck or I am getting better at recognizing the right shades for me (thanks MUA!)

The powder has a nice silky feel, no fragrance, and a sheer finish that truly is perfect for mid-day touch-ups. My only complaint is that the compact is rather large, taking up too much space in my purse. And yet I just complained recently that Besame's pressed powder compacts were too small! Well, I'll take too big over too small, because at least it's very easy to apply and has a GREAT mirror.

The price was just right, I'd say, for a product I like and use every day. And I definitely use this every day, multiple times a day, just because I love it so much! There's nothing like touching up your makeup and putting on some lipgloss to give you a little re-charge, with zero calories!

absolutely best powder i've used hands down. keeps my skin matte and very natural looking.

on 2/21/2008 5:57:00 PM

i was using colorstay but i think it was clogging me. i switched to clinique stay true liquid and stay matte for my powder. i love the finish this gives. the color is awesome. doesn't get chalky like some powders can. it is kinda expensive, especially when paired with a liquid. the package could be better if the pan flipped up and you could store the applicator sponge underneath like the perfectly real compact. but those are my only complaints. this just may be my new HG!!!

on 2/18/2008 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Omg, How I Love not having oil, orange skin & cakeyness.

:) Must try ladies, this product is truely amazing.

( I use it with Cover_girl concealer stick, then Clinique perfectly real liquid foundation, then this stay-matte sheer pressed powder for a true-blue honest to god ( or other supreme being so I dont insult somebody :P ) best natural look you could ever acheive.

on 2/13/2008 1:05:00 AM

I LOVE this product, I use it with the Clinique perfectly real makeup, and being extremely fair { almost like Milk! haha} I always had a hard time finding a good powder & foundation being able to apply a good amount and NOT look orange, yellow or green, covergirl, maybelline, rimmel london nothing was working( not that those are bad brands, just the powders & liquids did not work for me, I still love my CVS makeup :P).. My boyfriend and I were at the mall, he bought me some Clinique Perfectly real makeup & Stay-matte sheer pressed powder and they work AMAZINGLY, No redness, no cakeyness, smooth, no oil for about 4-5 hours, and exceptionally soft radiant skin without looking orange, so I can FINALLY stop asking people if I look orange :) HIGHLY recommended! MAJOR must try.

on 2/7/2008 3:25:00 PM

This is the best pressed powder for my combination skin. I use it as part of a 3 step system: 1) clinique pore instant perfecter 2) cover girl smoothers tinted moisturizer (may also try it w/ different TM, laura mercier is in the mail :) 3) stay matte powder. I am planning on buying another one so I can have one at home and in my purse. The best, just wish it had spf, but I have that in my moisturizer so no biggie.

on 1/29/2008 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got "101 invisible matte" but even Clinique's most translucent shade isn't cool-undertone-compatible :-p
The compact is really pretty at least.
My face got oily again after 2 hours and then sadly touch-ups cause my face to look cakey and gross.

I like it better than the regular powder, but it's still not going to be a staple in my purse; I will probably never buy it again.

on 1/27/2008 12:43:00 AM

I have this in Stay Neutral. I use it in my t-zone over my MAC Studio Fix foundation to help keep shine away because my t-zone gets very oily throughout the day. The color matches my skin really well, and blends with my foundation well too. It doesn't work for me alone as a foundation because it is very powdery, its not a more creamy powder like MAC Studio Fix or the Clinique Perfectly Real Compact Makeup and because it wears off easily when I wear it alone. But in my t-zone over my foundation it is perfect!

on 1/25/2008 8:45:00 PM

I really didnt like this compact. The powder was way too condensed for me and left my face looking far too made up. It didnt do anything to prevent an oily appearance either from what I noticed. Half way through the day I was blotting the oil from my skin so the shine absorbing aspect of this powder was lost on me. I perfer to use a loose powder for more sheer coverage as opposed to the thick, caked on coverage I got from this powder.

on 1/8/2008 9:28:00 PM

This is my favorite pressed powder so far. The most important factor for me was that its oil-free. I have the color 'Stay neutral' which is actually a really fair beige. I'm afraid I got more tan and its too light for me now. I also got a terrible color match by the Clinique lady at the counter. Oh well, it still has great coverage, not too heavy, not too light. It's my saviour when I need to get rid of my oily t-zone. I always make sure I blot first with johnson's blue blot paper then I put this on and I feel great. The "poof puff" thing that comes with it is really cool too, it feels like a little sponge. make sure to wash it often! Also, the compact itself is really pretty and green.

Recommended for Normal Skin