NARS Cream Blush in Penny Lane [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Talc, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Tricaprylin, Capric/Caprylic Triglycerides, Cera Alba (Beeswax), PEG 150 Distearate, Lanolin, Laureth 4, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75740), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Orange 5 (CI 45370), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 6/17/2007 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

After months of usage, I'm finally ready to write a review!
Penny Lane is a muted nude-pink which goes on slightly pinker with *microscopic* shimmer for a dewy affect. It is an overall foolproof, natural looking, creamy, and buildable blush, which dries to give a nice matted texture.
I purchased this product in spring. It is now summer and I've noticed the lasting power of this blush has decreased with heat. The once cute flush against my light yellow-toned skin (NC30) is awkward now that my skin's tanning from the sun. I've tried darkening the color with an extra swipe to make up for my darkening skin, but it applies just borderline too pink (almost pastel like), taking away from that natural look (which was why I purchased this blush to begin with). Because of this, the rating is going from a 4.0 to a 3.5.
[-Side note-] The Sephora Tester for this blush was much creamier and shimmerier than the actual product.
[Overall rating 4 | Price 5 | Packaging 4 | No, will not repurchase, lots of product already] continued >>

on 4/21/2007 11:11:00 AM

I bought this blush after reading about it in Glamour. It's not my favorite Nars blush, but it is really pretty. My only issue with it is I feel it's not quite pigmented enough for me, which is pretty surprising because I'm really pale. Overall, it's a nice blush though.

on 3/8/2007 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Amazing! This looks so natural on me. I am in love with NARS pressed blushes (Orgasm, Sin, and Desire) but after getting this blush today I wonder how I lived without it? I look so healthy and polished with it on, just over a coat of BE and with no eye makeup! I applied it with the Sonya Kashuk foundation brush. I can see myself buying this again and again.

on 1/20/2007 10:57:00 PM

Finally, my HG blush. Just a basic, netrual looking colour with a subtle pearly glow. Simply perfect.

on 1/20/2007 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Although this is a very nice neutral blush, I probably won't purchase it again. It looks really similar to one of the WnW twist up blush sticks. Very pretty and would go well with anything, but not unique enough to buy again, if that makes any sense.

on 12/21/2006 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am a fair skinned, green eyed blonde with cool undertones. Penny Lane gives me a beautiful, but very light, pink glow. By itself it gives that porcelain look. I like it better defined with a little Rosewood blush by Estee Lauder. I put Penny Lane on the top half of my cheekbones and Rosewood on the bottom half like a contour blush. This really gives me well defined cheekbones. Together they give me that perfect neutral pink, sculpted look that I have been searching for.

on 11/21/2006 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I had wanted this blush for a while ever since I purchased my first nars cream blush (c/flower). I don't have a huge amount of pinkish blushes and have been trying to fix that. For reference I'm warm-toned/yellow undertones, just over the line from neutral into warm for mac SF. I consider myself LLL and this looks truly beautiful on. It can be very subtle and natural or you can build the color up. Very creamy and goes on smoothly IMO (when compared to mac blushcremes, for e.g.). It's a clean pinkish nude, no shimmer or sparkly stuff, just a nice healthy flush that looks like it's really your own.

on 10/30/2006 11:17:00 AM

I'm a big fan of this blush because its so subtle :)

I am in simply in love with Penny Lane cream blush. It gives me a wonderful flushed look and adds deapth under Oasis. It stays in place all day on me. I really love how this looks, I am trying to find more that give me the glow that I get from Penny Lane.

on 9/7/2006 10:25:00 AM

Penny Lane is one of those blushes I can wear that makes it look like I'm not wearing makeup. I'm a (very) PPP, with dark hair and eyes - any of you with this sort of coloring know that it's hard to find a good blush that doesn't make you look like a clown. This is definitely not one of those - the rose-y beige-y color looks as natural as can be, but better. It goes on really smooth and needs just a tiny bit of blending. Love it!

Popular Blush Products