April 18, 2014 | 1225 users online

Treatments - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2007 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Lanessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very nice moisturizer. My favorite of the Avene line of products. The AHA/BHA combo is effective, does leave skin tingly at times, almost like lemon juice in a cut. It does leave a kind of film that you will notice if you use in the morning before make-up application. Recommend as a night-time moisturizer that's not too heavy for very oily skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by dolliegirl

This is not a moisturiser! Actually, in my opinion, about as opposite as you can get! It contains glycolic acid as one of the main ingredients and the idea is that this will effectively peel the skin, helping scarring to fade and the skin become smoother. It also contains salicylic acid, to help reduce spots. When I apply this, it comes out as a clear, sticky goo. This stickiness never really stops for as long as I have it on, as I tend to wake up stuck to the pillow. So far, it's really been working for me and i'm so happy that it seems to be fading my acne scars well as well as being effective on existing spots. The only minor downside is the smell I suppose, it's very artificial and strong. However, this doesn't really bother me much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2007 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Pamann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm really delighted to find a combination AHA/BHA that I can wear during the day under makeup and sunscreen! I use Retin A Micro at night and have never found an active to apply days that doesn't interfere with sunscreen and subsequent makeup application and wear.
This accomplishes both trouble free plus keeps my skin breakout free! I have always been troubled by hormonal monthly break outs and periodic bouts of mild to moderate breakouts. Even, now in my 40's, it has continued. But since my usage(2 months!) of Cleanance K I have only one that cleared very quickly! My skin looks completely clear of breakouts and Cleanance even mattifies so I don't get as oily.
The only think I marked off for was the package quality as if you sit the tube on it's cap you lose some product that wells into the cap. I just prop it on it's crimp to prevent this. Also, there is some momentary stinging upon application, but it is only momentary and I can even place product up to my orbital bone, although any closer to my eye causes redness and irritation. Overall I love this product and have repurchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2007 4:20:00 PM More reviews by lorinait

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I started using this product after a really bad period, last february: I got a flu, started swallowing down every kind of med, and also got my period, hard and terrible as usual. It was not much for my body to bear, so I started having pimples. They were huge, numerous, and I wouldn't let them alone, so I also started having scars. Also my skin wouldn't stand what I had been using that far..I was desperate. On Alfemminile.com forum I found out what acids can do, and asked the "experts" to suggest me a something I could start usign: they suggested cleanance k and cleanance. I started using cleanance K on april, and before summer my skin was ok, dark spots were almost gone, and I noticed that if I use it on a regular basis my skin feels fine. I use cleanance during the day, and it's pretty light but my skin feels soft and moisturized.
So, cleanance k is good to clean up your skin, maybe cuz it combines AHA and BHA, and it smells good, plus it moisturizes your skin, won't dry it (it's not like diacneal, for instance). On the flip side it's odd: feels like you have a "layer" on your skin, if u rub your finger on your skin it will make dots, so it's definitely something you may want to use during the night.
It's the second tube I bought, it's almost finished, and I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 7:53:00 PM More reviews by ilovelomos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ingredients:
Water,Cyclomethicone,Glycolic Acid,Propylene Glycol,Glycerin ,Polyacrylamide ,Lactic Acid,Polymethyl Methacrylate ,Sodium Hydroxide ,C13-14 Isoparaffin,Disodium Phosphate ,Bisabolol ,Citric Acid ,Dimethiconol ,Disodium EDTA ,Fragrance ,Laureth-7 ,Cucurbita Pepo ,Salicylic Acid ,Zinc Gluconate

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Wonder78

This cream is light, smooth, lightly sented, easy to apply and absorb. My face feels smooth and matte after used. My skin feel clam and protected with this. It's a bit dry for my combination in the winter, but fine in other season (I switch my porduct often depending on the weather and skin condition). This is a great cream for people who have sensitive skin and are looking for matte, ligh weight cream. It is not a treatment for acne skin, so don't except it to help dramatically with that. However, if your skin is going under treatement for acne skin, this is a great cream because it clam you skin and has a matte finish, so your skin won't be flaky, oily, or irretated. That was the reason I got this cream the first place. I will buy it again for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 3:07:00 PM More reviews by callshot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Been using this for almost 10 years, while receiving Accutane treatments.. and it was a dream! I would never put anything else on my face. BEST moisturiser ever for sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2007 5:03:00 AM More reviews by soulsucker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally i've found my HG moisturiser for combination acneprone skin. Thou lots of silicone to keep face matte but oily acne skins need BHA /Salylic acid in a moisturiser. And this is gentle non drying.i used it only at nite.Simple skincare...travel easy.A little bit pricey 4 the amt.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2007 7:35:00 PM More reviews by erinnikita

Very impressed with this. Got a sample from an SA 2 days ago and am already seeing a noticeable difference. Using with the cleanance gel cleanser as well. I had a nasty breakout a week ago-cysts, white/blackheads, uneven skin texture, scars - and this has already made a huge difference. I went back to check out the thermal water b/c i'm really dry too. Think it might be worth using after cleansing and before applying the cleanance K. **This should however, be placed under treatments b/c of it's AHA/BHA qualities. NOT as a moisturizer** will update after a week of using the thermal water! xx

***UPDATE:
geez, I really need to stop being such a product wh*re! However, I think I've finally juggled my routine to fit my face :) I use the Neostrata gentle all in one cleanser, the 8% Glyc Toning Solution then kinda bounce back and forth between Diacneal and Cleanance K.

I think I like Cleanance better though, it seems to moisturize a little more and isn't so intense. I'm not nearly as dry as I was before and I'm still clearing up with the odd purge here and there, but my skin is starting to look 20 again! Scars are fading and I used to have laugh lines that aged me about 10 yrs and now the only time you see them is if I grin really big. Love this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2007 7:12:00 PM More reviews by l0706

I've been using this for a few weeks, just at night mainly because it leaves your skin feeling sticky. It tingles a bit when I put it on but I don't find it irritating, and I have very pale, quite sensitive skin. I've found it's helped a lot with getting rid of blackheads on my nose and chin, which NOTHING else has really helped with, but as for red marks from spots or spots themselves, it doesn't seem to have had much of an effect on those.
I'm quite impressed with what it does for blackheads. I would definitely purchase it again.