November 21, 2014 | 1732 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2008 11:17:00 PM More reviews by LowSelfEsteem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I scored a couple of 5 ml samples from my local chemist and although I only have 2 blackheads I do have some redness from old pimples (despite not picking) and I'd like to see some improvement the my overall smoothness of my skin.
I read through some of the reviews and I'm convinced some people have reviewed a different product. For starters, this is not a cream. It's a thick opaque serum/emulsion containing high levels of AHAs and BHAs (6% Glycolic Acid, 2% Lactic Acid & 0.1% Salicylic Acid) and it's claimed to assist in unclogging pores. It applies easily and requires no rubbing in. I must admit that on application, this stung more than I had anticipated! I have only just started using AHAs in a foaming wash so the 6% glycolic was obviously a big step up for me.
I applied it only on my forehead, across the bridge of my nose and my chin. I can't believe some reviews applied it near their eyes! It's for blemishes NOT wrinkles! Anyway, I cannot advise on it's effectiveness as yet but I will report back after using up my samples. I expect I'll get atleast one weeks use. Edit" after only one night my chin and forehead feel a lot smoother!!!!! As people have already noted this stuff is very tacky and I did stick to my pillowcase. Eeew. Nevermind, hoping for good things over the next week!

Note: It is NOT to be used in conjunction with isotretinon ("Accutane") according the Avene's website AND it is highly recommended you use atleast SPF30 during the day to prevent sun damage.

Ingredients (in Australia): Avene spring water, Cyclomethicone, water, Glycolic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polyacrylamide, Lactic Acid, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Hydroxide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Disodium Phosphate, Bisabolol, Citric acid, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (parfum), Laureth 7, Polysorbate 20, Salicylic Acid, Zinc, Gluconate.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2008 11:02:00 PM More reviews by gem_babe

This moisturizer is def. my HG. I have combo skin, with occasional break outs, nothing serious though. This moisturizer is absolutly amazing though! It cleared up my face completly, and kept it that way. Even during the tiem of the month, not a single blemish appears on my skin. I'm not too fond of the smell, and i do find that it dries up skin a LOT in the winter, however, it def. serves its purpose! paired up with another light moisturizer during teh day, it works wonders!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2008 7:32:00 AM More reviews by cuddlepie4

After reading alot the reviews below I am quite surprised because I myself am really, really disappointed with this product. I have a fair combination complexion, suffering with the occasional out break but nothing serious. I bought this product in the attempt to reduce the appearance of blackheads on my nose and chin and clear up some of the redness on my cheeks.

Within the first week of using this product my face broke out severely. My whole face broke out, especially on my forehead. This in itself was odd because I have never had any sort of acne on my forehead before, just the occasional spot. But this product caused my whole forehead to break out into dozens of tiny white bumps under the skin.

As for the rest of my face, blackheads cropped up everywhere. It caused blackhead clear areas on my face to break out into blackheads and made already present blackheads more noticeable. If I squeezed anything on my face I was left with a giant red mark, which the product did nothing but accentuate as healing time seemed to take twice as long with this product. As for the redness on my cheeks, it did nothing but make it worse and more noticable.

I continued to use this product for another week before I decided I couldnt handle it anymore. I thought I was detoxing but I was clearly wrong. It got so bad I was embrassed to go out into public because of the affects that it had on my skin.

Not to mention that this product is sticky and rubs off into disgusting balls. Seriously I would wake up in the middle of the night with my face stuck to my pillow and in the morning i would wake up surrounded by balls of product that rubbed off during the night. It is also hopeless under makeup. It would cause my makeup to ball off and caused dark and light patches.

Using this product is equivalent to taking clear glue and smearing it all over your face. And it smells like it too, as this product has a very strong chemical smell.

Maybe I was just unlucky with this product, as we all have different skin types. But i would advise anyone who is interested in using this product to speak with someone knowlegdable first to check if it would be suitable for them. Its better to be safe than sorry, like me.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by dreebb

OKay, first off I'd like to say.. WTF. i read alll these cooments below and i was just thinking, wow this shit is amazing and i use it and its pretty good too.. but i NEVER and i repeat NEVER knew it was a cream that you apply on ur face before retiring :| umm.. this "cosmetician" at shoopers who prescribed it to me told me that it was to be washed off your face.. was i doing it wrong all along and i read the package i believe but now i cant find it. thanks alot guys, Dree <3

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2007 9:43:00 PM More reviews by BerlinerPooh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product last winter to (temporarily) replace my usual wonder product - Clinique Night Treatment Gel - as my skin became dryer and sensitive to almost everything. I occasionally suffer from breakouts along/under my jaw line and need something gentle yet effective to deal with them. My pharmacist suggested Cleanance K and advised me to use it on problem areas at night. It is not really sold as a moisturiser; this is a treatment that helps to clear pores and reduce blemishes. I find the texture a bit odd; the thick gel leaves a residue on the skin and does not absorb, it just sits there like a silicone film. If you touch it after a while it rolls off in little balls (-1 lippy)! However, I must say that it makes a big difference overnight. The pimples are much smaller, less inflamed and the skin around soft and clear. I normally use Avene Cicalfate cream on the same area the following morning and it helps reduce inflamation further. With both these products working hand in hand, I have some control over my spots while keeping my skin happy at the same time :o)

Like the Clinique equivalent, it contains AHA/BHA and it can sting a little on application if the skin is scratched or tender. I have had no adverse reactions, allergies or dryness from using this and the fragrance is hardly discernable. :o)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2007 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Lanessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very nice moisturizer. My favorite of the Avene line of products. The AHA/BHA combo is effective, does leave skin tingly at times, almost like lemon juice in a cut. It does leave a kind of film that you will notice if you use in the morning before make-up application. Recommend as a night-time moisturizer that's not too heavy for very oily skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by dolliegirl

This is not a moisturiser! Actually, in my opinion, about as opposite as you can get! It contains glycolic acid as one of the main ingredients and the idea is that this will effectively peel the skin, helping scarring to fade and the skin become smoother. It also contains salicylic acid, to help reduce spots. When I apply this, it comes out as a clear, sticky goo. This stickiness never really stops for as long as I have it on, as I tend to wake up stuck to the pillow. So far, it's really been working for me and i'm so happy that it seems to be fading my acne scars well as well as being effective on existing spots. The only minor downside is the smell I suppose, it's very artificial and strong. However, this doesn't really bother me much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2007 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Pamann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm really delighted to find a combination AHA/BHA that I can wear during the day under makeup and sunscreen! I use Retin A Micro at night and have never found an active to apply days that doesn't interfere with sunscreen and subsequent makeup application and wear.
This accomplishes both trouble free plus keeps my skin breakout free! I have always been troubled by hormonal monthly break outs and periodic bouts of mild to moderate breakouts. Even, now in my 40's, it has continued. But since my usage(2 months!) of Cleanance K I have only one that cleared very quickly! My skin looks completely clear of breakouts and Cleanance even mattifies so I don't get as oily.
The only think I marked off for was the package quality as if you sit the tube on it's cap you lose some product that wells into the cap. I just prop it on it's crimp to prevent this. Also, there is some momentary stinging upon application, but it is only momentary and I can even place product up to my orbital bone, although any closer to my eye causes redness and irritation. Overall I love this product and have repurchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2007 4:20:00 PM More reviews by lorinait

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I started using this product after a really bad period, last february: I got a flu, started swallowing down every kind of med, and also got my period, hard and terrible as usual. It was not much for my body to bear, so I started having pimples. They were huge, numerous, and I wouldn't let them alone, so I also started having scars. Also my skin wouldn't stand what I had been using that far..I was desperate. On Alfemminile.com forum I found out what acids can do, and asked the "experts" to suggest me a something I could start usign: they suggested cleanance k and cleanance. I started using cleanance K on april, and before summer my skin was ok, dark spots were almost gone, and I noticed that if I use it on a regular basis my skin feels fine. I use cleanance during the day, and it's pretty light but my skin feels soft and moisturized.
So, cleanance k is good to clean up your skin, maybe cuz it combines AHA and BHA, and it smells good, plus it moisturizes your skin, won't dry it (it's not like diacneal, for instance). On the flip side it's odd: feels like you have a "layer" on your skin, if u rub your finger on your skin it will make dots, so it's definitely something you may want to use during the night.
It's the second tube I bought, it's almost finished, and I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 7:53:00 PM More reviews by ilovelomos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ingredients:
Water,Cyclomethicone,Glycolic Acid,Propylene Glycol,Glycerin ,Polyacrylamide ,Lactic Acid,Polymethyl Methacrylate ,Sodium Hydroxide ,C13-14 Isoparaffin,Disodium Phosphate ,Bisabolol ,Citric Acid ,Dimethiconol ,Disodium EDTA ,Fragrance ,Laureth-7 ,Cucurbita Pepo ,Salicylic Acid ,Zinc Gluconate