April 25, 2014 | 922 users online

Skincare - Face - Shiseido - Facial Cotton

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2006 6:28:00 AM More reviews by snow_ice

What else can I add to this wonderful stuff? Although you might think this is just a cotton pad.. it's very unique. It's hard to describe or to say how good it feels and how different you can feel using Shiseido cotton pad comparing with other brands... so you gotto try it urself! It's $8 CAN which is probably the most expensive one you can find around here but it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2006 11:54:00 PM More reviews by a_la_gamine

I remembered reading these reviews a few months ago and thinking, "Pshaw, why would anyone want to buy brand name cotton?" Then I got really tired of the $1.99/125 Life brand cotton pads always leaving my eye area sore and shedding fuzz on to my eyelashes. So, when I noticed the Shiseido facial cotton beside the Life cotton pads in the cosmetics aisle, I decided to spluge just this once, and lo and behold, it was all true, everything I read was all true -- the Shi cotton never sheds, never tugs or feels abrasive, and never wastes my make-up remover. Plus, when you really think about it, it's not all that much more expensive -- $8 CAD got me 150 pieces of cotton, each of which I cut in half, so it's 300 pieces. All I can say is, MUA, I'll never doubt you again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2006 2:07:00 PM More reviews by natalaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

great for eye makeup removal, stays intact.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2006 12:47:00 AM More reviews by islandkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These cotton squares have become a staple for me!
I must have used up a dozen bags or so of these so far. They are so much better than drugstore cotton pads and are so soft. The size is just perfect and I think the price is rather reasonable at $8.00 CAD. Will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2005 2:54:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

Great product. Really soft and non-abrasive. Shiseido should really look into better packaging. If one pays $7.50 for cotton pads one should deserve more than to have the cotton pads in a plastic bag. I could not bear to cut each pad into two. Also, this is fantastic for the face but horrible for the nails. I tried one pad and it took FOREVER to get the nail polish off. It's a good thing I had those cheap abrasive cotton squares handy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2005 12:31:00 AM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I, too, thought that a cotton pad is a cotton pad is a cotton pad. Then I starting getting REALLY sick and tired of picking all the lint off of my face and lashes. Also, the drugstore pads I was buying would occassionally have rough pieces w/in the pad (therefore scratching my face) and they'd fall apart pretty easily. Like everyone else said, I had to douse the things in my toner and makeup remover for effectiveness, too. Anyway, it was either Facial Cotton or DHC's similar product, Silky Cotton, and since Shiseido is easier to get a hold of, I opted for Facial Cotton. No regrets here and they're worth every penny: soft, no lint, and you don't waste your toner or makeup remover using them. I don't even mind the packaging b/c I hoard pretty boxes and containers and just put the pads in there. In fact, I kind of like that they just sell what looks like a refill package. A definite repurchase!Update 1/14/07: I found a cheaper alternative to these cotton pads at the Japanese grocery store I go to. Had to knock the rating down a bit. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2005 2:21:00 AM More reviews by SandrineClement

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There isn't much more I can add. i can use one pad to remove makeup from both of my eyes, or nail polish from five fingers, whereas I'd probably use three or four otherwise. They don't feel harsh on my face like the textured drugstore ones, and there is no lint all over the place like with cotton balls. My sister thinks I'm crazy for spending so much on cotton, but she loves these things too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2005 12:12:00 PM More reviews by lovermac

This is a bit pricey, but when you cut them in half, their really is quite a few in the pack. It also helps to use less product, so in the end you probably save. It is nice and soft on the skin. I will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2005 8:23:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

Why did I wait so LONG? When I used to work right beside Shiseido, I always thought, why in the world would you spend $7, $8 on cotton? I was perfectly happy using the $2 bags from Wal Mart or SDM, but when I came across the reviews for this, I noticed that yes, my cheap cotton WAS pulling at my eyes, I was using TONS of product (and my $30 BiFacil is a little too precious to just get soaked up into a cotton pad), so okay, let's give it a go. It looks like the package of Shiseido contains a lot, after all, and if I do cut it in half, well then, even better. Am I just the happiest eye-makeup-remover-er now! This doesn't lint up, tug, or soak in product at all! The only thing I don't like is the crappy packaging, but it doesn't bother me enough to take off a lippie - it just gets transferred to a canister or a Ziplock bag. This will be a constant repurchase. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2005 3:53:00 AM More reviews by GarfPooky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't even know my mom had this, but I was looking for cotton balls and saw a small, tissue-sized package of Shiseido's facial cotton in the cabinet. I wondered if this was the same product with perfect reviews that I saw here at MUA a while back, and the minute I used it, I knew it was. Everything that people have been saying about this product is true. I cut the cotton in half because there were only a few left in the package and I was only trying it anyway. I used it to remove my eye makeup and it was wonderful. Very smooth, left absolutely no lint, and took off my makeup cleanly without harsh rubbing. I am in love. :)