MAC Up The Amp

4.7

on 1/14/2010 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Perfect mauvey pink shade. Great texture and color pay off. It wears well and looks like lovely satin on the lips.

I pair this with magenta lip liner (Jordana makes the best one!) and it is a great color for the spring/summer. Any pink/mauve/purple gloss will also accent this color.

lovely!

on 1/13/2010 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

This is a gorgeous blueish-lavender color and looks great on my NW50 skin tone. I really like this shade because it looks great on women of all different shades. I will buy and buy again.

on 1/13/2010 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Once again, I have to thank you MUA'ers for this wonderful find. This is not a color I would have bought but it received such high reviews on this site that I decided to try it out and I'm so, so glad I did. It's a gorgeous color and it looks great on my complexion. When I wear this shade, I don't have to wear much makeup at all. I wear a bit of foundation, mascara, concealer and that's it. I wear and love nude colors nearly every day and have been doing so for years now but I'm in love in this dark magenta color. It's gorgeous! It just shows that you never know how a color, especially a lipstick shade, will look on you unless you actually try it on. This is now my HG dark l/s shade. I will repurchase this over and over again! What a great find.

on 12/30/2009 7:07:00 AM

I am NC25/C3, and this blue based magenta/pink is very flattering. It's a very bold lip but you can dab it on for a nice tint of pink.

PROS:
-opaque and pigmented

CONS:
-okay for dry lips (i have very dry lips)

hit the jump for a better pic:

continued >>

on 12/28/2009 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i freakin love this color!i never thought i would get a lip color so bold but it automatically when to the top of my favorites list...with gold eyeshadow looks amazing!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I definitely mean no offense to those of you who like this lippie!
However, Up the Amp makes me look like a corpse.
For reference, I am an *extremely* fair skinned, green eyed and red haired girl with neutral undertones, and I feel that I look much better in muted warm tones. I'm not saying I can pull off everything classically considered "warm," though. I thought Up the Amp could work for me, and I loved the colour in the tube!
But I will eternally pass on it after satisfying my whim to try it on.

on 12/27/2009 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Rihanna is like my make up god and in her new music video Hard, I saw her wearing a very light lilac type purple lipstick.. I had to dupe the look, so I went into my local MAC Pro store, and I found Up The Amp.. oh my goodness.. WHAT A GORGEOUS COLOR !!.. It wasn't that light purple color I was looking for, but when I got home I mixed it with Myth and I got exactly what I wanted.. it's so versatile, and you can create many looks with it.. you can wear it bold or you can use it with a very light hand and create a softer look.. it applies like a dream too.. this is a what a lipstick should be.. LOVESSSSS IT !

on 12/26/2009 10:39:00 PM

i just got this color today and havent quite gotten a chance to play with it. it was my choice for the B2M after seeing the reviews here. I'm NC30ish and have a weakness for baby pink and nude lips so this was a stretch for me i'm still playing with it and although it can be quite intimidating on its own.. applied with a coat of lustreglass on top of it and it really was a pretty awesome look.

on 12/23/2009 9:11:00 PM

This was my b2m freebie and I really just wanted a fun color. I am a nc 15-20, with dark almost black hair and super fair skin and greenish/hazel eyes. I love the color! It was between this and lusterling and I think I will actually go back and buy lusterling but I am still really happy with this purple. Its fun, can be done with a smokey or darker eye and looks fun and fresh!

on 12/21/2009 5:09:00 PM

Uh, no. Not on me. I generally love MAC lipsticks but this color is ghastly. If you are warm and light I suggest you pass on this one unless purple lips are your thing.

Popular Lipsticks