MAC Up The Amp

4.7

Up the Amp is one of my favorite lipsticks from MAC! This lipstick is extremely versatile for me. I can wear this in the day & at night when I go out. I think this lipstick looks great with a neutral eye and lots of mascara & a hint of blush.

on 2/17/2010 4:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Let me start off by saying that i love MAC lipsticks. The only lipstick i have ever run out of and actually went back to buy more was from MAC. Up the Amp is an amplified lipstick from MAC that is a somewhat bright purpleish pink color. Its not sheer and you only need one swipe to cover your lips, It goes on smooth and lasts for quite a while. I love to wear it with snowscene lipglass from the MAC Chill collection from December 2008 and it is beutiful!!! It's a totally unique color of lipstick and i am so happy i have added it to my collection!

on 2/16/2010 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Totally unique colour! Light baby pinkish/lavender colour on my lips (NC44). JAMPACKED with pigment! One dab of the lipstick is enough to deliver a full mouth of colour!

on 2/7/2010 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a really unique color! Super bright, and when I want to make it really dramatic, I pair it up with Mac's Currant lipliner, then I have on some purple lipstick, that is....yes.........WORK APPROPRIATE! I will definitely be purchasing this product again once I run out!

on 1/20/2010 9:00:00 PM

usually my bf just shrugs his shoulder when i ask him what the thinks of lipglosses i've bought.........however today, he said to me "wow...tht colour suits u". It is a great colour, i'm NC25 Asian with black hair (for reference). I bought this in Asia, so it's much cheaper without the tax. HG!

on 1/14/2010 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Perfect mauvey pink shade. Great texture and color pay off. It wears well and looks like lovely satin on the lips.

I pair this with magenta lip liner (Jordana makes the best one!) and it is a great color for the spring/summer. Any pink/mauve/purple gloss will also accent this color.

lovely!

on 1/13/2010 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

This is a gorgeous blueish-lavender color and looks great on my NW50 skin tone. I really like this shade because it looks great on women of all different shades. I will buy and buy again.

on 1/13/2010 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Once again, I have to thank you MUA'ers for this wonderful find. This is not a color I would have bought but it received such high reviews on this site that I decided to try it out and I'm so, so glad I did. It's a gorgeous color and it looks great on my complexion. When I wear this shade, I don't have to wear much makeup at all. I wear a bit of foundation, mascara, concealer and that's it. I wear and love nude colors nearly every day and have been doing so for years now but I'm in love in this dark magenta color. It's gorgeous! It just shows that you never know how a color, especially a lipstick shade, will look on you unless you actually try it on. This is now my HG dark l/s shade. I will repurchase this over and over again! What a great find.

on 12/30/2009 7:07:00 AM

I am NC25/C3, and this blue based magenta/pink is very flattering. It's a very bold lip but you can dab it on for a nice tint of pink.

PROS:
-opaque and pigmented

CONS:
-okay for dry lips (i have very dry lips)

hit the jump for a better pic:

continued >>

on 12/28/2009 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i freakin love this color!i never thought i would get a lip color so bold but it automatically when to the top of my favorites list...with gold eyeshadow looks amazing!

Recommended for Medium Skin