November 26, 2014 | 1732 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by CH33ZYALL4U

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOOOOOVE this lipstick!! The color is just perfect and it's super nice that you can get two different looks out of it. You can apply it lightly for a laid back look or create a really dramatic nice look by just applying it one or two coats. I love it so much, I've been using it every day..and i even get compliments on it. To mention, i'm a NC40 and it looks great on me...i will definitely purchase it again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Silverchair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color it is very flattering for NC 42 and the amplified cream formulation has good staying power. An amazing dupe for this that I found on accident is Revlons Super Lustrous in Berry Haute. Wet n Wilds 525 is apparently a good dupe also. The Revlon lippie also has a great formulation. I have never tried the WnW. This is a great, fun color that I think works on all skin tones and a must have shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like this color when I first saw it because I saw someone on youtube use and it looked terrible...way too purple! I was browsing around and picked it up, swatched it on my hand and loved the color..I was surprised to see it was this color! I tried it on and that sealed the deal...this does not look purple on me at all since I have pretty pigmneted lips it looks more pink or mauvey...but I live how pigmented it is, a very good contrast for fair skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by carmenners

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Up The Amp! It's such a gorgeous colour on me (NC35)! It's a great colour that anyone can wear anyday, and depending on the method of application, it can be a great everyday lipstick! Will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG!!! I never in my life thought i was gonna get a lipstick like this one..no way..its kinda bright but OMG OMG it's gorgeous!! I tried it on at the MAC store and I was in LOVEEEEEEEEE is a gorgeous color can't describe it but it looks awsome on my NC 40-42 skin! I pair it with the Cremesheen Glass in Ever so Rich to tone it down a bit and it looks AMAZING!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Zelora

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hmm. After reading the raves, I had to try this color! I even ventured into the crowded mall on Saturday during flu season (:-O)! Hope I don't pay the price for that!
This color looks fine on me. When I first tried it at Nordstrom's, it looked a little too bright, but I had on NO blusher (had rushed out with hubby in a hurry). It "wore in" on my lips well, and has good staying power.
A couple of years ago, a Prescriptives SA finally explained my coloring to me -- I have yellow undertones in my (LLL) skin, but lavender-ish lips! (Eeeeuw!) Well, knowledge is power. This lavender-mauve lipstick isn't all that far from my "true color", and that's why it works on me - and if I don't put it on wildly thickly, it's just a nice daytime color. Will probably look better with a gloss over it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Awesome shade, and I love the smooth texture. Im a NC50 and this definitely adds a pop of color. For those who would like to try out this shade before investing the $$$ try Wet 'n' Wild lipstick in #525. Its a dead ringer for Up the Amp, except for the texture and only $1.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by juicy69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this with Back 2 Mac and love it! It is very very similar to Stiletto lipstick that is now discontinued, but it is perhaps a shade lighter in color. My mua told me to pair it with a brown lipliner, I use Cork liner but not too heavy, and Spring Bean lustreglass. The combo is perfect. Spring Bean 'calms' the brightness of Up the Amp and makes it very suitable for work. If I want all attention just on my lips than I wear it with a bit of brown liner and clear lipgloss. I am NW45.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by romarin

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been wanting this for a long time, and since MAC is offering free shipping this week (and last), I ordered it. I am not dissapointed. Something about this color looks really good on me, even though I normally like a nude or pinky-brown mouth. I get compliments just about every time I wear it. For the record I have ash blonde hair, medium skin and am a well preserved 55 year old. It is exceptional with Spring Green luster gloss over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by JennifeRx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick! It's one of my favorite MAC lipsticks and I own lots of them. I see lots of reviews saying it looks great on darker or tanned skin. I am fair with cool undertones and I think it suits me. Don't be afraid to try this color if you're fair. It's not an over the top color, even though it's a lavender shade. It's rather versatile when it's on the lips as it takes on a bit more of a pinkish tone on pigmented lips. It's a color that is different, yet not so much as to make it unwearable. I find it very wearable and have been reaching for it whenever I can. The staying power is very good. This is a good lipstick to wear in photos if you want to look fresh faced and up to date with the purple trend that is in fashion right now. I have other MAC purple and lavender lipsticks, such as Saint Germain, Lavender Whip and Violetta. I find Up the Amp more wearable than any of these and I like it as much as I like Violetta, which is also a stunning purple from MAC. Overall, I cannot recommend Up the Amp highly enough.