April 24, 2014 | 1345 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by jazmatazz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such a fun lavendar/purple color! Pair with Magenta liner from MAC. Great for the nighttime/non-work hours. It is so unique and the amplified cream formula is very long wearing and feels light as a feather. I am NC43 and was worried it would be too much but the MUA convinced me to try it. Looks great with winged eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by blueangel1023

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish I knew about this color sooner! Usually I stick to the nude or pinky mauve colors, but when lavender whip cremesheen came out I wanted to get a backup from MAC since I really liked it. Unfortunately since it was LE, it was sold out. I was kind of disappointed but one of the MA's recommended me Up the Amp since it has lavender violet based as well but with more of a vibrant payoff. I was hesitant at first since I've always stuck to Lustre finishes. I had to admit from the tube, the lippy looked really intense, but when I tried it on I was sold on it. It totally worked well with my C35 skintone. A nice shade of violet pink on my lips. Great when topped with a lipglass. Definitely would buy again once I run out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think that because I am loving pink lippies a lot more these days, I naturally gravitated towards Up the Amp, a color I have been avoiding for a LONG time. WHen I tried it on the other day, I thought it looked fabulous. I paired it with fantabulous dazzleglass. Definitely not a look for the shy, or for everyday, but a fun lippie indeed. I can see myself wearing this on nights out or with the right outfit. Love it on my nc42 skin, pretty flattering, even with the cooler tone/hints of purple

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by mlitmo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this lipstick!! It goes on very smooth and looks great with my pale complextion. I use mac eclectic edge lipglass on top for a little bit of a glossier look. Pretty cheap compared to lancome and chanel lipstick! Would def repurchase if I ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by jessicastwin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first MAC lipstick that I've ever LOVED. It is so low in the tube.

Up The Amp is a beautiful bright/medium cooled pink. It has touches of lavender which gives it a subtle purple cast. The Amplified Creme finish, which provides a dewy sheen, is also a plus on this lipstick--I believe a matte finish would kill the beauty.

For all the WoC out there who are afraid of bright colors on the lip (like I used to be), GET THIS LIPSTICK! I am MUFE Mat Velvet in #70 (or about an NW40-43) and it looks great. I am doubtful that any of you would be disappointed.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by jadedgurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this lipstick! This is by far my favorite lipstick and the one I reach for often. It is a flattering pink/mauve/lavender lipstick with full coverage. I will definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by jayk04

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick. Beautiful color and color payoff is great. This is a lavender-pink that is bold but beautiful. Will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 1:17:00 AM More reviews by rolos

A MAC artist suggested that I try this instead of Girl About Town (which I love!). I have very fair skin (NC15) and this colour is amazing! Amplified cream lipsticks are my favourite, they feel so rich and don't dry your lips out. This colour may not work as an everyday colour because it's very intense. But I think it's a good colour to have for days where you want to brighten things up. =) I wear Magnetique Lip Glass over it for an extra punch of colour.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I took one lippie off bc i can't really see myself wearing this at work in a law firm, but when i m feeling frisky and im in one of those moods with my husband this is the lippie i run to paired with silver ring and blacktied on my eyes or something smokey and it's on and popping! I'm nc45 and with my yellow undertones i thought it would be weird but it's very very very sexy, try it and it's only for the bold and beautiful.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by amstoica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my new favorite lipstick. It is a lavender-violet amplified cream. It is very pigmented, creamy, and has great staying power as do all of the other amplified creams. As for the color, it is a bold, sassy, burst of gorgeous color. I am about an NC-30 and it is perfect for my skin tone. I will buy again and again! A must have!