August 30, 2014 | 1657 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Elasinthe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I remembered wearing this in high school but my skin wasn't as nasty then as it now. I started buying other things and just recently went back to it, i see now why i used to make my mom buy me this over and over again, it covers well and doesn't make me look orange which is always an issue i have with drugstore foundations, over all i like it more than any other drugstore foundation i have tried so far...and i have tried ALOT! i just wish it was a little cheaper and had better packaging

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by reinventlovex

I've been using this product for about 6 months and I really like it. I have very acne prone skin and I use presciption products and this foundation doesn't make me break out. It comes off at night and I can put concealer and powder over it and my complexion looks great! I definitely recommend this to anyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by BellaItalian5678

I bought this on a Friday and returned it that following Sunday. I wore it Friday and Saturday and it did nothing but make me break out. It's supposed to help clear up blemishes but actually made me break out on my left cheek and forhead. I was beyond mad, I had spent months trying to clear my skin and right when it was clear and I just had blemishes to work out gave me pimples. The coverage was medium I would say and build able. Did not control oil for me that well but I have extremely oily skin. Not a fan. Also, this is overpriced....$13 for drugstore foundation!?!? They're crazy. It had no pump either...not good.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by cinaroma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this foundation for YEARS! It's the only foundation I've ever found that doesn't make me breakout. I can't really say that it helps clear my acne, but it certainly doesn't make it worse. It goes on smooth (I apply with a makeup sponge) and lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by shell516

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this! I have combination skin which has been prone to breakouts especially as of late. I tried this because my other foundations were making me look like an oil slick. This goes on very even, covers beautifully and lasts! I've been using it less than a week but I do believe the SA in it is working because my face has cleared up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 8:13:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Wow, suprising drugstore gem! I had a bad breakout from pricey longwear liquid foundations and was desperate for coverage that didn't irritate my skin. This was reasonable at Shoppers and the reviews were good. I have extremely pale yellow skin and Ivory is paler and more neutral than most. I may try Buff later, which seems a it lighter than the Colorstay Buff. Although it isn't advertized as a long-wearing foundation, it lasted from 6am to 10 pm with powder on top. Pretty impressive! I do get oil breakthrough, but no worse than usual. Coverage is buildable- sheer if you use a small amount, heavy if you apply more. It looks natural. The best part? Even though the salicylic content is low, my blemishes cleared quickly. I had the beginning of a cyst, which died right down. The minus lippy is for the annoying glass-bottle packaging with no pump. All-in-all I'm extremey impressed with this! Natural, long-wearing, great for sensitive skin, inexpensive- I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by JennaMB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great price, great colours.

This makes a great every day foundation for it's price, it's suited to those who get the odd pimple, and can sometimes break out from heavy, oily foundations. I'm not 100% sure if it actually clears the skin, but it does not make pimples/skin worse in any way.
It has the texture and staying power of a high end liquid foundation, so it's great for long days, just set it with a tiny amount of powder on a big brush.

It has medium to heavy coverage, and is not too pink toned unlike so many other chemist brand foundations.
Overall, this is a fantastic every day foundation, leave the good stuff for nights out and special events, substitute it with this!

One problem, find it a tad annoying the bottle doesn't have a pump!!
buuut, don't let that deter you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by pe4chzncre4m

I really like this foundation. I have oily and acne prone skin. When I use this it evens out my skin tone well and blends well. It's light to medium coverage. I still need concealer to cover up my dark acne scars. But when I use this my skin doesn't feel as oily as the day progresses. It's a matte finish but becomes more natural throughout the day. I like it! But I wish it came with a pump

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by CeruleanNight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this 2 weeks ago and have been using it most days.
In the store, the colour Naked seemed to work but the next day when I applied it to my whole face it was a tad too dark and too pink toned (but not immediately obvious).
Sadly there doesn't seem to be a colour that matches my skin tone here!

Well...not that it really mattered considering I found the foundation to be so-so.
Pros:
- controls oil (did not get oily for a whole day and I don't use primer or finishing powder)
- has a natural finish
- light-medium coverage on days where my skin is looking better

Cons:
- doesn't actually clear blemishes
- looks unnatural when built up on days where more coverage is needed
- can highlight dry patches
- the glass bottle with no pump gets messy (ie I accidently put the lid face down on the table and foundation dripped on my counter >..<)

I won't be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by lovethekings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I am so undecided about this foundation. When I have no breakouts and no dry spots this foundation looks good and does a decent job at hiding my hyper-pigmentation, my skin looks fresh and natural. When I do get breakouts, like I have right now sadly, it does a poor job at covering up the blemishes and hiding the redness that comes along with acne. It also tends to emphasize dry spots around blemishes that are healing. I'm not sure if I will buy again once I run out..