July 28, 2014 | 2073 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by dellywoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Ugh! I'd heard so many great things about this serum that I was eager to try it, and bought the large size bottle. I was expecting quite a thick serum and was surprised by the texture which was quite thin and runny. Nonetheless I applied the product under my regular moisturiser at night. After the first night I noticed some drying around my nose and mouth. Following four nights of use I had thick scaly dry patches between my eyebrows, on my cheeks, and around my mouth. I also broke out around my chin and forehead. Clearly not a product for me. I asked for a refund and was able to obtain one although it was a bit of a struggle to be honest.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by kateric

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product daily for years and it's my top skin care necessity, even though it's pricey. It makes my skin feel great and seems to help moisturizers work better. I get comments about how "young" I look and I attribute it to using this product consistently (and trying to be careful about sun exposure). Any time I've tried using different serums (including other Estee Lauder ones) my skin doesn't look or feel as good - I always end up going back to this!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by ShineeBee

I really really want to like this product. But this product make my skin red and irritated every time i try it out. sadly, i still have so much left which i have no idea what to do with. it's quiet expensive as well. because of the price I keep coming back to it hoping that this experience will be better. But my skin just got painful after every use. I suppose if you don't have super sensitive skin, then you could give this a try. But I do recommend testing it out first.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by puxa1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

In the past I have snubbed Estee Lauder products opting for French brands. I have bought this product after seeing how much awards this product has won. It does make the skin glow after a couple of uses and has minimised my fine lines especially those pesky nasolabial ones. What I am not keen about is the preservative ingredients such as bht.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 4:28:00 AM More reviews by asian_vixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe how smooth my skin looks.. it was the first time in years that i did not need a full face, maximum coverage foundation! I used this for two weeks...yep, already saw results! Since becoming a mother, working night shift from the beginning of my career AND using tretinoin/hydroquinone without proper sun protection as a runner back in my teens (yes i was a stupid little girl who abused it, thought i was doing something good and now i am paying for it!), all this resulted in my weird, break-out prone, oily, crazy skin with fine lines starting to creep up my eye bags! i dry up like a raisin in the winter and slather all these moisturizers and then break out in the summer...i get cystic acne all over my chin and i can make enough oil to sell in the Texas industry! So as i attempted to reverse the damage and re-do my regimen, I spent so much money on products i was not happy with.. Arcona, Caudalie, Somme, FAB, PTR, Dr. Hauschka, Korres..to name a few..This tiny serum that i snatched up RANDOMLY on a black friday sale at the CCO cleared up my skin in record time, smoothed the pesky wrinkles under my eyes, AND healed up a large pile of cystic pimples around my jaw/chin area! I was skeptical of course, looking at myself in the mirror after working 12 hrs, sleeping 4 and having look like i had a facial overnight... more refined, plump and when i run my hands around my face, i don't feel those miniscule bumps that you know will become full fledged pimples! Now i can finally put away my heavy duty war-paint :D
UPDATE: This along with Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic and Retinol have been my HG for the last three months... i cannot believe my skin! it looks like i have a facialist on speed dial! my hyper-pigmentation has gone away, it is smooth and luminescent.. AND i rarely have any pimples (except one or two SMALL ones during that time of the month). I know it is pricey but i combine both serums with equal drops and smooth it on day and night. My routine now is using Dr. DG alpha beta peel pads, this and ferulic serum, then NIA24 SSC. I also have been meticulously using my shiseido sunscreen over this and can get away with just powder.
UPDATE: it has been 11 months and I still use it! I now double cleanse with a hot cloth cleanser, apply Dr. DG alpha beta pads, this serum, DDG ferulic serum, hyaluronic acid gel and NIA SSC.My skin clarity has maintained with occasional chin breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by jujube21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this serum! I bought the smaller size to try it out back in mid-July and now it is four months later and I am almost towards the end. I think the bigger size is more value for your money. Also use a very small amount. I over did it earlier and then started using a smaller amount and it works just as well. Big difference in my skin- I felt like my skin was dry and red and I was getting tired trying products and wasting money. I unvested in this and it is so worth it. I know it is expensive but you use so little and only at night. It makes a huge difference and really what are you spending? $80/year for amazing skin? It's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by katherinepierce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's funny how people always tell me how perfect my skin is and yet they have no idea how hard it was to overcome acne marks and skin discoloration. It was only a few years ago that my acne disappeared and I promised myself I would do anything to make my skin look good again. I started using this product right after my acne treatment and all I can say is that this serum saved my skin and my self-esteem, really. I can't even describe how good this is: nice texture, good for my skin type (combination), lovely smell. Gives the perfect glow. Improves skin condition (acne marks, evens out the skin tone, etc). Really, really good.
It's also expensive and I purchased it in a moment of madness, yes, but I will never regret it. Besides, this serum is going to last for a long, long time. 5/6 drops is enough.
Right now I don't need it to be honest so I'm not using this product at the moment. If my skin ever needs to get in top condition again and will repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 7:43:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I don't use this product religiously but when I do, I see an instant smoothing of the skin. I'm not sure how long the effect lasts though.

It's easy to apply and absorbs super easily, even more so when I use it after Clarisonic-ing. I got it as part of an EL gift set. I'm usually not into anti-ageing products so I don't think I will purchase again. I love the packaging and the instant results but it's pricey!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by jadedgal05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really REALLY like this product. I've been using it for YEARS. I also use the eye cream in this line, advanced night repair eye & for people with dark circles, puffs AND more dryness around the eyes than most eye cream/gel type products can handle, this eye product is for you! But I digress....

Advanced Night Repair serum has been in the Estée Lauder line as long as I can remember. My grandmother used it religiously & she passed at age 91 w/ glorious, even toned, smooth skin. I use ANR at night only but you can use it during the day. The serum is lightweight, doesn't feel heavy & smooths evenly onto the skin. It has a pleasant scent that comes from the ingredients in the serum, not added fragrance. It's kind of a light citrus-y, botanical smell, not at all overpowering.

As stated I use this first, after washing, toning, exfoliating, following with any other skin care, then moisturizer. I have acne prone skin & I'm approaching my 40's so anything to help protect my skin I'm all for! The main thing in this is antioxidant repair, protection from free radicals, etc., etc.. I gave it 5 lippes for how great the product is, my skin even after years of cystic breakouts, smoking & not drinking enough water or getting enough sleep my skin is smooth & even toned, firm around the jawline & circumference of the face. I know this product can't claim ALL the credit but for the 1 st line of defense, free radical & antioxidant damage, you can't beat it. I have it 5 lippes for price, because its not cheap, a 1.0 oz will cost you around 45-50, a 1.7 oz 60-70 range & the 3.4 is knocking at 100 if memory serves. The good news is it really last a long time. I use about 1/4 of a full dropper on my face/neck nightly, about 5 drops. That's all you need!

I gave it 4 lippes for packaging quality only b/c I'm not a huge fan of droppers in any skin care & if never fails that towards the end of the bottle you need to angle it & position the dropper "just so" to get the remaining product out. Other than that the package is fine, doesn't leak, pretty durable & the amber color of the bottle helps keep light out so your product stays fresher longer.

I read one reviewer state that she didn't care for the serum, that it might work better for only mature skins. In truth it's good for all skins, hers too. The antioxidant protection this product gives will help protect a younger persons skin from free radical damage they CAN'T see now, so I'd disagree that it's just for oldies ;) any one can use it & benefit.

People who liked & used Super Line Preventer from the now, defunct Prescriptives, (why Estée Lauder, WHY???) will like Advanced Night Repair, as its virtually the same product packaged differently. Right down to the scent. All I'm all I think this product is a win, I have gone through more than 1 bottle & will repurchase again. As far as I am concerned its the (one & only) shining star in Estée Lauders skin care line.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by misscaris

I had high hopes for this products but unfortunately, it did nothing for me. Didn't cause any breakouts or problems for me but didn't improve my skin either. Perhaps it will give better effects to more mature skin (I'm 24 years old btw).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No