Clinique Lash Building Primer

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

WOW! i love this primer! mine also came in a 2 in 1 tube, this is great! i used alot of this primer and then let it dry, then use great lash by maybelline. beautiful lashes! i have natrually very long, thick, dark lashes already but my friend has stick straight,short asian lashes and this does wonders 4 her! i will definetley buy again!

Clinique's lash building primer is awesome at taking most average mascaras, to beyond average. My search for the perfect mascara which would deliver dramatic lashes has been endless. I have yet to find the perfect mascara, but have found a way to make most all mascaras I use great! First i will curl my lashes, then thoroughly apply the lash primer, and right after my mascara.. I am convinced that this product makes my lashes healthier, longer, fuller, and softer! I totally see the difference when I use and do not use the primer...

At first i was skeptical about a lash primer, but now i am certain for ME it makes a great difference. i Love it, its awesome and for $12.50, very worth it.

on 6/16/2006 12:17:00 PM

I got a sample of this, and it has lasted for a few months now. It's really really great for putting under colored mascaras, it makes the color show. After a while, the white color starts to turn, but that doesn't matter because it doesn't show anyway. The brush is great, the consistency is great, and I'm going to buy a full version when my sample runs out.

on 6/4/2006 7:23:00 PM

Overall, I'm not a big fan of lash primers, but this product wasn't to die for or anything like that. It tends to just pop out towards the tips of my lashes, not the roots. Who knows, maybe I'm putting it on the wrong way! But it does make lashes look thicker.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is an awesome primer for special events when I want my eyes to pop. I find that putting it on before my mascara and letting it dry is too time consuming for everyday use, but yeilds amazing results when I have the time. I gave the packaging quality a 4 because I don't really care for the brush since I have been using the Max Factor Lash Perfection's new brush. Now if Clinique were to put the same type of brush in this product- it would be dynomite!

on 5/7/2006 10:13:00 PM

I use this in conjunction with the Lash Doubling mascara, and my eyelashes look crazy thick and long! I've never used a lash primer before, but I gave it a try since it was a gwp. It really conditions the lashes and seems to magically allow for the mascara to just glide on smoothly, and lengthen/thicken in one sweep. It has a large/fat brush, but it's very soft. I got scared that my lashes would turn gray after applying a black mascara (since primers are white), but that wasn't the case at all. I highly recommend using a clean mascara wand/eyelash brush to get any excess residue off your eyelashes, prior to applying mascara.

on 4/28/2006 3:57:00 AM

This stuff changed my life (not really) - but definitely my makeup regimen! I received a sample in a free gift and continue to buy. I have thin, blond lashes, and when used with an eyelash curler, this really perks them up. I follow with a Clinique mascara, and I find that my eyes really look bright/opened.

on 4/6/2006 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I purchased this primer along with Lancome's Cils Booster. As far as performance, both primers had the same effect on my lashes. My lashes looked fuller (which is what I wanted), a little longer, and my mascara went on without clumping. I gave the Clinque primer 4 lippies instead of 5, because the primer left my lashes feeling a little crunchy. The Cils Booster left my lashes very soft and it can even be used overnight as a treatment. If the treatment part isn't a necessity, then the Clinique primer is a better buy, since it's cheaper and it leaves your lashes looking great.

on 4/4/2006 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have this product along with the lash doubling mascara. mine is a 2 in 1 tube... i got it from my aunt, so it was probably a free gift? i don't think it usually comes this way, as i thought at first. well the primer is VERY effective. i can tell my lashes are becoming fuller and longer when applying it. i have dark, plentiful lashes anyway, but for me, this is a must! i think for any kind of lashes this would be extremely beneficial. i will also review the lash doubling mas.

on 4/1/2006 1:35:00 PM

A good primer that builds a bit of length and thickness, but nothing dramatic. What I like most about it is that it's pretty wet, so my mascara doesn't cling to it afterwards. I've used other primers with white fibers that were dry and unnatural. However it weighs my lashes down and doesn't hold a curl, so I don't use it anymore. My short stick straight Asian lashes are hard enough to curl =(

Popular Mascaras