October 1, 2014 | 895 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Mega Shine Lipgloss

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 10:32:00 AM More reviews by conogirl

Love, love, love! This brand is way above drug store quality. These are not sticky and are true to color. The color you see in the tube is the color you get on your lips. And unlike other drugstore lip glosses, these have a nice "Juicy Fruit Gum" smell to them. Stores only carry a limited shade variety, so check out their website for more color options.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2008 8:19:00 PM More reviews by coldkiwi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in Vanilla, which is a really pretty gold. The color is a bit light for me, but with moderation, looks good. This is so thick, and not stick, and stay on for a long time. It mosutrizes my lips, and I like their nice cherry-banana smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2007 9:08:00 PM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love NYX glosses--they are my official favorite / HG . Its true that theyre not as subtle as Lancome Juicy tubes or as long lasting (JT are my other lipgloss HG), but I find the colors photograph REALLY well and go on really smoothly. I have the lipglosses in Ice Princess (113) and Frosted Beige (112) and they both look fantastic and really suit my fair warm and cool toned skin. Ice Princess is a frosty light pink that gives a 'pretty, romantic' look especially when coupled with a rose-colored blush or cool tones on the eyes. Frosted Beige is a sexy nude color that gives me that 'playing on the beach' kind of look if I do a dramatic smokey eye with it. I have Ice Princess on in one of my profile pics (the one with the yellow outfit and henna on my hand) if any of you are interested in checking it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 2:17:00 PM More reviews by phunkysuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Tea Rose online hoping the color would be OK since I found no reviews. I was surprised and very pleased by the gorgeous cool pinky-mauve with very fine shimmer. The texture is great, non-sticky and lasts a decent amount of time for a lip gloss.

I also bought in Chandelier, a sheer almost opalescent pink with fine glitter. A very unique shade. I am loving NYX glosses and I only paid $2 each! You can see these in my pictures.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2007 6:02:00 PM More reviews by littlemissrae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have to say, I love this lip gloss! In fact, other than Nars, it's my favorite. I use the shade "French Kiss", which is a natural, lightly shimmered pink color. The Mega Shine line does have colors with a lot of pigment, as well as colors that are more sheer, as others have mentioned, so just test it out before you buy it. It's not too thick, not too thin, and seems to last longer than most, and at $6CAD you can't go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2007 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

A lot of the mega shine glosses are more like lacquers/liquid lipsticks however some are sheer too. Its just best if you're at a place that has testers but they're still a steal for the price! the glosses are huge, the packaging isn't bulky and because its squared-shape it doesn't annoyingly roll around.

The colors come in a nice variety for everyone from funky to bold to neutrals/nudes in frosts, shimmer, glitter, irridescence, cremes, sheer, etc.. and some of them are really beautiful that I wouldn't guess I paid so little for it. They have a faint cherry/bubble gum like scent that fades after application (none of mines remind of flowers), the applicator is a long slant doefoot sponge so it takes some getting used to and seems to work best with some colors than others.. at least it seems a bit hard to control with the more opaque colors.

They're a steal for the price and some of the best budget glosses out there! One of my favorites and doesn't burn a hole in the wallet while being able to try out some unique shades too. I like to collect these everytime I see them. They're also my favorite glosses from NYX so far because there's a huge selection, always a winning forumla + simple packaging (some other NYX glosses are ridiculous in package).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2007 8:40:00 PM More reviews by mcv714

Wow! What a great gloss! I have this in Beige, but it's more of a dewy nude pink. It gives a sexy nude lip. And you can't beat the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2007 4:41:00 PM More reviews by sonaliagrawal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

NYX megashine l/g are my favorite glosses, ever since I discovered them at my local Longs Drugs. They go on very smoothly - the applicator is very convenient to use. The are very pigmented - which works well for my dark-sh pigmented lips. They are very glossy :) They last for a long time too - I always touch up after meals so all I have tested them for is 5-6 hours and they held up to that very well. And they come in gorgeous colors - love their Vanilla (thts my staple), Burgundy (I use it as a stain - apply and blot), Walnut. Will definitely try more colors. And whats more - they are dirt cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2006 3:44:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

These are fantastic! I am so happy that my Eckerd has started selling NYX. I bought three of these, and they are all great. They don't feel the least bit sticky, have a soft scent that isn't bad at all, and the packaging is very sleek and not at all cheap looking or feeling. The color selection is very nice as well. Beautiful colors. I will keep buying these for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2006 3:07:00 AM More reviews by BohemianSheila

I bought this in Goddess of the Night in a light gold color. It's very smooth feeling - like oil, not goopy. I use it over lipstick & works as well as some of my more expensive lipglosses (can you say Cargo?). However, it doesn't last as long as my MAC l/g, but for the price, you can afford to re-apply - guilt free!