NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss

4.3

Polybutene, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline wax, Lanolin oil, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Perfume, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Propylene Carbonate, Butylparaben, and B.H.T. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No. 7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100) , D&C Red No.28 (CI 45410), D&C Red No.34 (CI 15880), D&C Red No. 36 (CI 12085), or Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007).

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love all of them! I have them in Natural, Barbie Pink, Plush Red and Vanilla. I really don't like shimmery glosses (Vanilla) and the swatch online didn't show it. Other than that, I really do like them. I plan to get more. Although, I still think my Christian Dior is the best one, these NYX are dirt cheap and worth it. I can get 4 of them for the price I pay for my 1 Dior!

on 4/12/2008 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oooh, yummy! I purchased an absolutely sinful number of these on Ebay, and I am so happy! As mentioned below, they have a light texture, aren't too sticky, and have a nice "lastability." I have Chanel Glossimers in Spark, Unity and Pink Ribbons, and the NYX texture is very similar, perhaps just a bit lighter. The pigmentation is comparable. I love the roses and pinks especially, but they also have a couple of very wearable reds and fun fuchsia and violet. I find that these have a nice shimmer, not funky or glittery, and flatter my forty-ish face. The only problem that I have with them, seriously, is that they are so low-priced that I feel like I should have them all. But I will exercise my self-control and instead, start collecting their loose powders.

on 3/29/2008 8:32:00 PM

I agree with others as this is kind of like a liquid lipstick. I bought this in "natural" and really really really love it. I don't usually wear lipstick or lipgloss, but this is perfect. It looks so beautiful on (and well... natural, but with a healthier glow, but that could be the color). It's not sticky. It has a cherry scent to it, but no taste. It's not gritty. I will definitely repurchase! HG for me!

Update 12/23/08: still using these and love it! Just bought a new shade juicy cherry, and it's a very sheer slight red tint (think clear gloss tinted red... not a whole lot of difference between this one and the clear, but noticeable to me), that gives your lips mega shine and healthy color (very natural looking). MUCH darker in the tube than applied. I love this one also!!

on 3/17/2008 9:39:00 PM

Love these! The other reviewers are right: these are definitely more of a liquid lipstick than a gloss. I bought Natural and Frosted Beige and they are pretty opaque. Natural is a pretty pinky brown with no shimmer, while Frosted Beige is a light shimmery nude. On my pigmented lips, the FB is probably too light to apply without a mirror otherwise you will run the risk of streaky application. It works with the right application, layer a couple of thin layers of gloss over lips and then I run a finger over them to smooth out streaks. The result is a beautiful shimmery "nude" (or as nude as I can get without lipstick or foundation underneath). Natural is easy to apply without a mirror though it is actually a little browner than my natural lips. Both glosses are non-sticky, shiny, and last as long as regular glosses (that is: you're going to have to reapply). They do have a fruity flavor that at first was a bit off putting, but now I actually like it. The slanted wand applicator seems like it does help evenly apply the gloss to the edges of the mouth with more precision -something an opaque gloss like this requires! I bought mine from www.cherryculture.com as I haven't seen them in stores. If you can get it when they're on sale they're pretty cheap! The only thing with cherry culture is that the color swatches aren't exactly accurate. I would look on this site, NYX's site, or ebay to get a more accurate color.

on 3/13/2008 5:42:00 PM

these are amazing and have spoiled me. dirt cheap, super pigmented and sparkly without looking cheap! i just recently purchased a Chanel glossimer...and perhaps it's because I'm not a "true" lip gloss fan, but I prefer NYX l/g!! More bang for your buck! I want to collect them all now.

on 2/23/2008 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THESE lipglosses! I went to designer frangraces to purchase these but they didn't have any lip cutips or whatever so I put it on my finger yet it wasn't sheer and it was highly pigmented. I plan on building my collection of NYX! I'm in love. The texture of these are great too. Not too sticky. make your lips POP ladies!

on 2/7/2008 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I cannot rave enough about these glosses!! First of all I would say that these are highly pigments, so I would consider them to be liquid lipsticks rather than a gloss. I love how the color is buildable with these. They come in a rectangular tube rather than a cylinder. They newer formula has a cherry scent (not taste) that is really nice. I have one in Beige that is made of the old formula and it has a floral scent to it. These have a longer sponge tip applicator which IMO isn't as precise, but still love this stuff. I already own 7 and plan on more!! At the moment, Natural is my HG.

on 2/3/2008 10:32:00 AM

Love, love, love! This brand is way above drug store quality. These are not sticky and are true to color. The color you see in the tube is the color you get on your lips. And unlike other drugstore lip glosses, these have a nice "Juicy Fruit Gum" smell to them. Stores only carry a limited shade variety, so check out their website for more color options.

on 1/16/2008 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

I got this in Vanilla, which is a really pretty gold. The color is a bit light for me, but with moderation, looks good. This is so thick, and not stick, and stay on for a long time. It mosutrizes my lips, and I like their nice cherry-banana smell.

on 12/5/2007 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love NYX glosses--they are my official favorite / HG . Its true that theyre not as subtle as Lancome Juicy tubes or as long lasting (JT are my other lipgloss HG), but I find the colors photograph REALLY well and go on really smoothly. I have the lipglosses in Ice Princess (113) and Frosted Beige (112) and they both look fantastic and really suit my fair warm and cool toned skin. Ice Princess is a frosty light pink that gives a 'pretty, romantic' look especially when coupled with a rose-colored blush or cool tones on the eyes. Frosted Beige is a sexy nude color that gives me that 'playing on the beach' kind of look if I do a dramatic smokey eye with it. I have Ice Princess on in one of my profile pics (the one with the yellow outfit and henna on my hand) if any of you are interested in checking it out.

Video Reviews & Tutorials