LUSH Figs and leaves soap

3.9

on 12/10/2001 11:32:00 AM

I received this soap as a custom purchase from the lovely Blyss.

I LOVE it!

Its creamy fragrant lather smells really figgy which is a note that I covet in both perfumes and bath/body products.

Its so beautiful to look at, love the fig seeds that serve as natural exfoliant and really love the scent.

This is my first ever LUSH producst purchase and I give it two thumbs up. (if only I had more thumbs! lol)

on 11/23/2001 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love everything about this soap except for the seeds! Can you say "Ouch"? These seeds really scratch me up in the shower, so I only lather up the soap in my hands because it's so uncomfortable to rub on my skin. Maybe I'm a wuss, but until Lush does something about the seeds I'm using up what I have and that's it!

on 10/6/2001 11:44:00 PM

Diane went into great details about this soap so I think I can bypass on those! :P (thanks Diane!) i will say for sure that it's ultra moisturizing and wonderfully scented. It's a natural fruity fig with a hint of light floral. Even my SO loves it cause he doesnt have to wear cream after a shower. I also love the fig seeds that act as a natural exfoliator. I highly recommend this!

on 8/26/2001 4:38:00 PM

I adore this soap. It's fabulous scent fills my entire bathroom and lingers on the skin.It is such a unique, lovely fragrance, I wish they had a cologne in this one! It has lots of lather, but is very gentle and non drying. Below is the description and the ingredients from Lush's site.

Ingredients: Fig Decoction (Ficus carica), Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerine, Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis), Perfume, Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus dulcis), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Figs and Leaves could possibly have a biblical reference in the title; it could be that this beautifully soft soap, positively brimming with real, nutritious figs, is so good for your skin that you could happily go out wearing nought but a fig leaf or two or three for decency's sake. The tiny fig seeds in it gently exfoliate your body, taking away the old skin cells and leaving you smoother. Aloe vera is marvellous for the skin; its Indian Sanskrit name is kumari, meaning young girl, because it is believed to restore vitality to the body. Figs and Leaves is perfumed with ylang ylang and orange blossom oils to tone and stimulate the skin. Ylang ylang is even rumoured to keep the breasts firm (but please don't call us if nature continues to take its course despite regular washing). Suffice to say that if you're planning to strip off on the beach, you could so worse than wash all over daily with fragrant Figs and Leaves.