Redken Hair Cleansing Cream

4.5

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Fragrance, Pentasodium Pentetate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Stearic Acid, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Amino Methyl Propanol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citrus Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract

on 10/27/2008 2:15:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

WOW...this stuff is great! I am mixed with porous/frizzy hair. My hair isn't kinky, but very fine, poofy and curly. I never really gave much thought to the need of a clarifying shampoo as my main focus has always been moisturize, moisturize, deep condition, repair, moisturize, deep condition, leave-in cond, moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!!!( you get the idea). Never once did I think about build-up or the griminess of my hair. I would rather my hair be an oil slick over the natural "poofy-ness" of my hair anyway, but man, after one use of this shampoo my hair is literally gleaming in the mirror! It doesn't feel stripped or haggard, it actually feels...LUSH! I lathered up twice and then I followed up with All Soft Heavy Cream and my hair feels like it is just loving life right now!! I think I actually heard my scalp take it's first breath of fresh air in a lonnnnng time!! LOL

I will definitely be using this on a bi-weekly basis as a refresher for my hair and to prevent further styling product build-up

BTW, in my opinion, the scent has a faint Orange cream-sicle himn to it. Nothing overpowering or unpleasant...it's only been about 15 min since my wash and I can barely smell it anymore- I would actually prefer a more powerful scent- something a little more "soapy".

on 9/24/2008 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I rediscovered an old favorite. Back in the early 90's, Redken made a product called "hair cleansing cream". As I recall, it was a buildup remover that was not a shampoo. It worked great at removing product and mineral buildup.

Fast forward to now, and I was looking for a better clarifier. Our water has lots of iron and calcium- you can see the buildup in a humidifier after just one use. So, I figured buildup of minerals was causing my dry ends and strands. I used this shampoo, left it on 5 min, rinsed. My hair was clean, not squeaky and not dried out. I followed it with an overnight Thriven treatment and my hair bounced back perfectly. Clean, shiny, better curl, much less dryness. Not an everyday shampoo! But use it once a week if you use silicones, less often if your issue is just hard water. Follow with a deep treatment.

on 9/21/2008 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This shampoo is pretty good. It clarifies/ chelates very well without making my hair feel stripped at all. My hair feels moist and clean after using this!

on 8/17/2008 1:44:00 AM

Gotta follow the chow crowd on this one. I use this almost all of the time, and when I don't I always come back to it. The products retails for $14/CDN and lathers up real nice. I'm not crazy about the smell, but once I apply all of my other styling products, all traces are gone. Gives my hair color extra life, and cleanses the hair without stripping it, like some "color protecting" shamp's do. Also use the conditioner, but that is another review.

on 6/5/2008 11:25:00 AM

I recently got my hair highlighted, the style demands a lot of product and within a week I could see the build-up affecting the colour. I was using Jason Protein Shampoo and Pantene Clarifying Shampoo, both are very drying. THIS in comparison is fantastically cleansing, and I feel that as part of a new routine it could repair some of the damage done to my hair. I'm not so sure about the smell (it reminds me of Calpol) but in Combination with conditioner WOW, it really gets soaked up. My hair looks light and happy, so I'm happy

on 5/28/2008 9:27:00 AM

I have a very oily scalp and dry ends. Usually I use a daily shampoo just for that, but now and then I need something a lot stronger to control my scalp.

After reading the reviews on this site, I decided to go get this product, and I've not looked back since! This cleansing cream cleanses thoroughly (like squeaky clean thoroughly) but without drying the rest of my hair out.

However, I do reccomend the use of a conditioner afterward (I use a hair masque) because I think the hair will be in the best condition to absorb the hydration. Also, for people with not-so-oily hair, the conditioner will be necessary to ensure your hair is not dried out afterward.

Now I use the product twice a week, and I have every intention to purchase it again!

on 4/2/2008 10:40:00 PM

I love it, I have never gotten anything out of shampoo but dry hair. This makes my hair shiny and squeaky clean. Its great.

on 3/28/2008 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

At first I kinda liked it, but it has now proven to be way too harsh for my hair and sensitive scalp. One look at the ingredient list reveals that it contains a harsh detergent Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (second ingredient on the list) and Sodium Chloride AKA salt (fifth). Iíve stopped using it, since it dries my scalp and makes it very itchy every time I use it, which is about twice a month.

While this is the first clarifier that I have tried, I do think it worked well. It lathered up really nicely and had a nice mild grapefruit smell that doesn't linger in your hair that much. I think this works best when you use it before your normal shampoo and conditioner as, for me anyway, straight after I use it in the shower my hair is very dry and tangled and needs a lot of moisture replacement. While my hair dries, it is still a bit rough but when it is completely air dried it is softer and silkier than it has been for a long time. It does make my hair a bit more light than I would like, but it isn't too fly-away and there is no frizz so I am pretty much happy.

I would buy this again as I am pleased with the results but as it is my first clarifier I might try another first.

on 1/13/2008 7:43:00 PM

I bought this at Ulta after my stylist highly recommended it to me. I use the Redken Align 12 and I noticed that my hair seemed to have some build up. I asked my stylist because I do have colored treated hair and she recommended I try Redken Hair Cleansing Cream. I really like how it left my hair super clean and it did not strip my hair color. She recommended I use it about once a month. It's rather expensive but considering I only use it about once a month the price is worth it. I love the smell too. I find using this shampoo before a color service to remove build-up makes the color adhere to my hair better too. I highly recommend this stuff!