Redken Hair Cleansing Cream

4.5

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Fragrance, Pentasodium Pentetate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Stearic Acid, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Amino Methyl Propanol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citrus Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract

on 9/21/2008 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This shampoo is pretty good. It clarifies/ chelates very well without making my hair feel stripped at all. My hair feels moist and clean after using this!

on 8/17/2008 1:44:00 AM

Gotta follow the chow crowd on this one. I use this almost all of the time, and when I don't I always come back to it. The products retails for $14/CDN and lathers up real nice. I'm not crazy about the smell, but once I apply all of my other styling products, all traces are gone. Gives my hair color extra life, and cleanses the hair without stripping it, like some "color protecting" shamp's do. Also use the conditioner, but that is another review.

on 6/5/2008 11:25:00 AM

I recently got my hair highlighted, the style demands a lot of product and within a week I could see the build-up affecting the colour. I was using Jason Protein Shampoo and Pantene Clarifying Shampoo, both are very drying. THIS in comparison is fantastically cleansing, and I feel that as part of a new routine it could repair some of the damage done to my hair. I'm not so sure about the smell (it reminds me of Calpol) but in Combination with conditioner WOW, it really gets soaked up. My hair looks light and happy, so I'm happy

on 5/28/2008 9:27:00 AM

I have a very oily scalp and dry ends. Usually I use a daily shampoo just for that, but now and then I need something a lot stronger to control my scalp.

After reading the reviews on this site, I decided to go get this product, and I've not looked back since! This cleansing cream cleanses thoroughly (like squeaky clean thoroughly) but without drying the rest of my hair out.

However, I do reccomend the use of a conditioner afterward (I use a hair masque) because I think the hair will be in the best condition to absorb the hydration. Also, for people with not-so-oily hair, the conditioner will be necessary to ensure your hair is not dried out afterward.

Now I use the product twice a week, and I have every intention to purchase it again!

on 4/2/2008 10:40:00 PM

I love it, I have never gotten anything out of shampoo but dry hair. This makes my hair shiny and squeaky clean. Its great.

on 3/28/2008 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

At first I kinda liked it, but it has now proven to be way too harsh for my hair and sensitive scalp. One look at the ingredient list reveals that it contains a harsh detergent Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (second ingredient on the list) and Sodium Chloride AKA salt (fifth). Iíve stopped using it, since it dries my scalp and makes it very itchy every time I use it, which is about twice a month.

While this is the first clarifier that I have tried, I do think it worked well. It lathered up really nicely and had a nice mild grapefruit smell that doesn't linger in your hair that much. I think this works best when you use it before your normal shampoo and conditioner as, for me anyway, straight after I use it in the shower my hair is very dry and tangled and needs a lot of moisture replacement. While my hair dries, it is still a bit rough but when it is completely air dried it is softer and silkier than it has been for a long time. It does make my hair a bit more light than I would like, but it isn't too fly-away and there is no frizz so I am pretty much happy.

I would buy this again as I am pleased with the results but as it is my first clarifier I might try another first.

on 1/13/2008 7:43:00 PM

I bought this at Ulta after my stylist highly recommended it to me. I use the Redken Align 12 and I noticed that my hair seemed to have some build up. I asked my stylist because I do have colored treated hair and she recommended I try Redken Hair Cleansing Cream. I really like how it left my hair super clean and it did not strip my hair color. She recommended I use it about once a month. It's rather expensive but considering I only use it about once a month the price is worth it. I love the smell too. I find using this shampoo before a color service to remove build-up makes the color adhere to my hair better too. I highly recommend this stuff!

I swim all summer. This product I put in my hair as soon as I hit the shower and leave it in until I have washing the rest of me. It strips the hair of the chemicals and has a fresh scent. I notice the condition of my hair worsen as does my stylist when I don't use the product after swimming.

on 12/18/2007 3:29:00 PM

Clarifying shampoos tend to leave my hair dry. I have very fine, naturally wavy hair so I need something moisturizing or no matter how much product I use it is frizzy. This is it! It lathers up very nicely, which is something lacking in many other clarifying shampoos and smells great. My hair is squeaky clean afterwards and always looks like it has had a lift, and best of all, no frizz.My hairdresser recommended I use this once every week or so to remove product buildup and really clean it well. I did try some drugstore brands in between but this is the only thing that leaves my hair soft,and the extra expense isn't so bad, especially if you only use it once a week or so. I follow with my normal conditioner and sometimes a deep conditioner to give a spa-like treatment.

Popular Shampoos