July 28, 2014 | 2052 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by lucyzta

I bought a HUGE bottle of this last year at the Nordstrom anniversary sale (I actually am still using that same bottle even though I use this almost daily). I really like this cleanser. It smells clean, feels smooth, and really makes my skin feel fresh. It does not break out my sensitive skin. The only downside to this product is that it is very expensive. I would only repurchase this if I got it on mega sale simply because I am on a budget. I hope it goes on sale during the nordstrom anniversary sale again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by duarteda1387

I bought this because the SA at sephora told me it was perfect for removing makeup (INCORRECT). While it removed my makeup after scrubbing my face it was not specifically for doing so which was more the SA's bad advice then it was the product. The smell is pleasant and it goes on smoothly. However I found that it dried out my skin and the packaging did not make it easy to get the product out. I have heard that they sell a dispenser for it but I will not purchase an extra item for a product to be more convenient to use that in my opinion is the manufacturer's job to have all the components to their product that makes it easy and convenient to use not charge me extra to make it convenient. For the price tag on this product which I returned I got myself 2 Cetaphil gentle cleansers which removes my makeup, does not leave my face feeling dry and has helped with my acne break outs after only 2 weeks of use.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Mkl2008

I have combination skin that I refer to as "sensitive" meaning I will break out IF I use a cheap product with lots of strange ingredients. I tried all sorts of cleansers in my early twenties and nothing impressed me. A friend bought me this for my 24th birthday and I have used every day for the past 3 years. I also just recently bought a clarisonic and the two together are amazing. This is worth a try if you have been searching for the right cleanser!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by sephirias

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i had high hopes for this as it's been raved by many users. however, this made my skin break out so it's now being used by DH. not a fan of the scent as well as the texture. back to mario badescu enzyme cleansing gel for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by opus79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very gentle and smooth cleanser! A little goes a long way, so I wouldn't recommend using more than a pea size for your whole face. It is a bit pricey but the bottle lasts pretty long!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Happpyarrogance

Ive been looking for a nice cleanser for my inflamed, irritated, dull looking skin, not soft either anymore as of late. Got a sample of this from sephora and after one night of using it my face really felt much happier that same night. The irritation went down and it once again became soft again. Cant wait to buy the big bottle of this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

Purity made simple for those who dont know the philosophy line is a daily facial wash, that is meant to be used morning and night. Its has a consistency of a thick milky white liquid with a very faint smell of rose. This cleaner is used to remove dirt, oil, and makeup while using many natural ingredients including- sodium lauroamphoacetate (cleanses); meadowfoam-seed oil (moisturizes); rosewood, sandalwood, and sage oils (soften and soothe).
Purity Made Simple has been awarded 'Reader's Choice' by Allure Magazine every year since 2008. Consumers (NOT ME) like how it foams up quickly to whisk away makeup, unclog pores, and leave skin feeling velvety.
Everytime I see this in Allure, listen to my mom rant and rave about everything philosophy, or read these outstanding reviews- I wonder if they are talking about the same product as me? I wouldn't say its the worst cleaner I have used... but I wont be buying it anytime in the near future. First, I cant stand the smell. Its a very light rose scent, but I really dislike it and cant seem to get it out of my nose after its all rinsed off. I used it for a week- in the morning before i applied my lotions and makeup, and in the shower before bed. I found that it made my skin oily. This was very surprising because the cleaner itself is so gentle, it reminds me of washing your face old school with a good bar of soap. Those with dry skin may really like this, as it does TOO GOOD of a job moisturizing (at least in my opinion). Another thing I dislike is the price. You can spend up to $40 on a bottle of this. Just because its got natural ingredients thus the 'purity made simple' and has the brand name philosophy on it, doesnt make it worth the price. I will spend $2 on a bar of soap and get the same results (and I wont have to worry about a headache from the floral mess in their formula). My mom really enjoys this product, she has combination skin and is a bit sensitive to cleaners that have harsh properties in the formula. She swears by it, and will lay down the money no questions asked. The only positive feedback I can give for this wash, is the ease of washing off my makeup at night with it. It would get everything off- from my heavy foundation to the waterproof mascara. I think it was because of the oils in the formula- the same ones that make my face shiny and gross. I also have to add, I dont mind when a product has oils in it, and makes my face SEEM like its oily- just because of how well it seals in moisture... I do have a problem with face looking shiny, feeling shiny... getting little break outs where I never in my life have broken out before! Not cool. If you do decide you want to try this wash that EVERYONE seems to love (according to Allure), go to your local sephora (not your department stores, because they wont be as generous) and ask for a sample, tell them you want to try it out before you decide to spend the money. They have mini travel sized samples they will give out to sample beforehand! Sephora is very generous with their samples, so I would go there first (if you are able) before going to Ulta or a department store! You may end up loving it, or you may be like me and find that it makes you oily and doesnt clean anything except the makeup on your face!

I am going to keep checking back on here because i am curious to see how people respond to this cleaner in the summer, when our skin is generally more oily than it normally would be- due to climate change, humidity, sweat- creams like sunscreen and bug spray- all of these being factors linked to summertime- and the last thing we want is a product adding even more oil when we have all these other factors to worry about! I give this product two stars/lippies because it did a wonderful job as a makeup remover (even with my 20 coats of waterproof mascara). Although, its the most expensive makeup remover I have ever used... I will stick to pampers baby wipes, my HG for CHEAP yet the BEST makeup removers of all time!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by jsche

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this cleanser. It takes off all my makeup and I feel it really does clean my face better than any other cleanser I've used. The smell is nice and not too overwhelming. It leaves my face extremely soft and has prevented me from breaking out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by KamieShammy

Bought a 3pc set off QVC for $65.00 which included a 32oz bottle of Purity, 32oz bottle of Microdelivery & 8oz jar of Hope

The price was great! The purity cleanser does do a good job in taking every speck of makeup off, I have to say that, but I do not like the tight filmy feeling my face is left with. So I wash again with my very moisturizing Mary Kay Timewise 3-in-1 cleanser. I will definitely keep using it & buying it but will always wash my face again with Timewise

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 5:26:00 AM More reviews by blondebum

I love using this cleanser to remove all makeup. It is gentle on my skin while also being effective at cleansing bacteria and dirt from pores. I have not found that my skin is dry or cracked after using this. Consistency feels very silky on face and the smell is very refreshing.