Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite everyday mascara. I always get the freebies in the Clinique bonus. I like the straight, dense brush, and the consistency seems perfect to me. I have long, thin eyelashes that tend to look spidery, so after I apply mascara, I pinch the ends of my eyelashes to wipe the mascara off. This stays wet just long enough to allow me to do that. It also gives me just enough volume that my eyelashes look appropriately full. It doesn't clump at all. If you are wanting a more dramatic night look, then this one probably isn't for you, but for a more normal made up look, this is ideal.

on 3/22/2013 7:37:00 PM

I don't understand how the name "high impact" relates to this product! It is adequate for everyday use, at best. Not clumpy or anything, but doesn't do much thickening, curling, or lengthening. Lancome has some great mascaras on the higher end, but there are so many other drugstore mascaras that are way better. I would buy Covergirl LashBlast before I got this again.

on 3/21/2013 2:58:00 PM

I have fairly short eyelashes and its usually really hard for me to find a mascara that does all the things i want it to do e.g. lengthen & volumise and also not smudge; as i have oily eyelids and my eyes are very sensitive and water a lot.
This came in tester form in a pack from clinique and honestly, when i tried it, i straight away knew it was the best mascara for me.
i would highly recommend it for anyone who is my age, as it does clump a tiny bit and thats mostly the 'look' that teengers aspire for.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Eh......... it was ok. it was clumpy it volumized a little it lengthened a little.
It was a GWP anyway so...... yeah, my Mom gave it to me as my first mascara. would not buy at full price, full size

on 3/20/2013 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this mascara! Definitely intensifies my eyelashes! Gives volume AND length. BUT the brush gets so clumpy so quickly. That's the only con. Otherwise, it's perfect.

on 3/18/2013 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My favorite mascara. Works for me in one sweep. My lashes look thicker, longer and don't get that crunchy spider-leg look. I use this on my upper lashes and I use Clinique's Bottom Lash Mascara for the lower lashes. (I LOVE that stuff too.) If you accidentally get a clump, it brushes out easily. It lasts all day, no smudging at all. Clean up is a breeze. I can wash it off no problem with my facial cleanser (I use Shiseido's White Lucent Foaming cleanser), no need for extra make up remover.

Over all it is easy to apply, makes my lashes look great, stays on with no flaking or smudging, and comes off very easily.

A great mascara, I love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awful! Thank god I received this for free.

Absolutely nothing did it do that made my eyelashes longer, voluminous... Just nothing.

The only thing this item did was make my lashes clump up and look like crap.

on 3/11/2013 12:40:00 AM

Gives my lashes volume and length in just one stroke! Not too wet and not too dry formula. Sticks to my lashes instantly and doesn't create a mess on my eyes that I have to clean up. Doesn't irritate my eyes at all. Worth every single penny!

I am a mascara connoisseur. I cannot go a day without wearing mascara. I have tried almost every brand out on the market, over the counter and department store brands. So far Clinique's mascara has been one of my favorite brands to date. This mascara gives my lashes a fuller more dramatic look when i coat both the top and bottom lashes. During the day i apply a small amount of eye liner on my top lip and then a few heavy coats of mascara. This is all I need to give my eyes that extra pop.

on 3/7/2013 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I never write reviews, but this had to be done. I usually use Diorshow mascara; but sometimes on a student budget it's not the best option. So I went hunting for something that would give me a similar effect. I read reviews online and asked a few sales people at the local department store...and armed with good recommendations, I went and bought this mascara. The first time I tried it on, my eyes started to water immediately. Second time, the same thing..because the formula is so watery, it was very hard to work with to create volume. .. and it definitely clumps easily. Overall, it's terrible and will not purchase again. Thankfully the store I had got it from was nice enough to let me exchange it for something else.