October 24, 2014 | 1584 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This mascara was a wet, unimpressive mess on my lashes. It did make them look better than they do on their own, but not much. One thing I did really like about it was how black it was. I guess I should have known better, wet formulas don't agree with my lashes. They're pretty long, so it just weighs them down and/or gets all over the place.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by legitlashes

i got this as a gift and i was super excited to try it out.
the first time i used it, it was a wet mess..id blink and my eyelids would be covered in mascara.
i let it dry out and used it about a week later and the formula was already a little better.
the brush is nothing special, i dont have problematic lashes so the brush was okay for my lashes.
after a few uses i noticed my eyes became very irritated and the masacra was super flakey. the little flakes would get into my eyes aswell.
i tried so hard to like this mascara but after i finish this tube i will not be going back to clinique mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a 100 pointer for Sephora. I thought, Clinique is not famous for their mascaras, this will probably go in the trash..well I was wrong. I have asian tiny little lashes and this one never clumps (A problem when your lashes are so small)
and lengthens and volumizes without looking OTT.

This is a little wetter formula which I personally prefer because dryer mascaras make my lashes look hard. And liquidy ones look more soft for me, and its more lightweight.

This keeps curl well too, a common problem for asians!

I was wearing this the other day, and a stranger (who is Caucasian and has beautiful lashes) commented on how great my lashes looked!!!

Definitely will be buying full sized mascara!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2013 6:43:00 AM More reviews by kykelly322

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara is so so. It volumizes and lengthens, but it will smudge unless you really wipe practically everything off the brush. Then you have a big mess at the top of the tube. I think ds mascaras work better without all the work..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by northerngal100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara. It is one of the few products that I actually thinks works better as you use it up - it doesn't dry up like other brands, meaning you can really use it until it is gone. When you get a new tube, it is VERY wet though - so try not to blink hard or open your eyes to wide for about 20 seconds or you will print some above our below your eyes (ack!). I like my mascara to wash off easily with water and this rinses off cleaner than anything else I have tried (saving a step and more products...). I don't find it flakes either.

If I am feeling fancy I will buy it - but ultimately, I have found drugstore brands that offer similar results (maybe not quite the same) but for a quarter of the price (I like maybelline plush). Sometimes the price just can't be justified!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by ipekgultekin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Its just not that special mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by beautyfirst1984

I love mascara, and I have tried many, many mascaras. However, I always find myself returning to Clinique's High Impact Mascara. I feel like it gives the best in length and volume of any mascara I have worn. I usually pair it with Lancome's Cils Booster primer and boom! perfect lashes. I have clients ask me all the time if I am wearing false eyelashes!

I also recommand this because Clinique performs allgery testing (which is more than hypoallgeric testing) and I have never had this mascara irritate my eyes at all. Hands down, this is my favorite mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by stargurl1992

The great things about it are that it does what a mascara should do: make my lashes look thicker, longer, defining. BUT the big downside is that I can't wear this for too long; any day I wear it for more than 4 hours it makes my eyes so irritated and I start tearing up!
So if you don't wear it for too long it's perfect. It also doesn't smudge or clump.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by laurencpower

My HG of mascara! Love the formula so much - it's the only mascara I buy. Resists flaking, lasts a full day, comes off very easily with makeup remover. Competitive price for a mascara of good quality.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by summrgirl720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It doesn't flake or smudge, but if you have moderately thicker lashes, I don't see how this works on you. It barely applies to my lashes, can't build up and looks like I didn't even put mascara on. High Impact? hmm... not so much. At least it didn't flake.