April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cleanser foams up nicely and doesn't seem to dry my skin out, but it doesn't remove makeup well and leaves a slight residue behind. It's decent as a general cleanser and the many travel bottles I've received are good for travel, but I don't think I'd purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by MadamButterfly75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! with a small amount it takes everything off even the mascara. Leaves my face feeling great, afterwards I use a cleanser and I am done. wish it was cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by dragonballz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

About ten years ago I recall the SA saying that using this by itself was "like taking a shower with a raincoat on." ??? At any rate, this is only suitable imo if followed by a toner/astringent or else my face feels waxy and grimy. You only need a small amount and it is very frothy but I wouldn't recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by HydrangeaBlues

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm very disappointed w/ this, it doesn't remove well my MU, especially my concealer and mascara. I don't wear heavy MU (and it isn't wp) so I would expect this to leave my skin quite clean... It does not! It lathers really well, you only need a small amount, it has a nice texture and feel and it doesn't dry my skin, but it doesn't do what it's supposed to - remove make up. And for the price... man I'm happy I got this in a small size at a special price. Sweet almond oil mixed w/ rose water works so much better and it's dirt cheap!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2009 7:22:00 AM More reviews by holeinwall

The SA recommended this to me so I bought a full size tube before having ever tried a sample. It does go very far as it foams up heaps and it does feel quite luxurious as its silky. It makes my skin quite dry, though not terribly, except around my eyes where it stings slightly and makes them VERY dry. The SA sold it to me as a cleanser (as opposed to a pre-cleanser remover as suggested here) and I think it cleans (and removes makeup) well enough - but I certainly am not interested in having to use two cleansers, if anything I think it is too basic when for the price it could have more benefits. Its ok but I wont buy it again and I'm just trying to use it up (it lasts for aaages) in between using Neutrogena pore refiner (which is great).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2009 10:52:00 AM More reviews by bluesky008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good remover. Better than the loreal one.
I will buy this again.
and I will never go back to drugstore makeup remover.

It removes everything on my face.
I have an oily skin,so It didn't dry me up.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by luvbeauty27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

its a good make up remover but if you have acne it would be really drying with acne products. The smell and texture are good and you do feel clean. you'd think for 20 bucks the packaging would be cuter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by XxAwesomeActressxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I know lots of people say it doesn't remove make up for them but it sure does for me!
Most of the Clinique skin care items have a positive effect on me so that may be how I use them or my skin type.. Not too sure.

I have only ever gotten sample sizes of this but they last a long time and work liek a charm. I use it on my eyes face and lips and my make up lifts off. And i don't just wear light make up i have a stick foundation, sometimes heavy eye make-up and i wear blush and products to help me glow.

I love tis product and i use it before my 3 step skin care thingy even if i dont have any make up to take off.
it feels good and leaves me feeling refreshed.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

First of all, the Clinique lady told me this would remove makeup, which is DOES NOT. I don't know what she was thinking telling me that. Anyway, that being said, it's just an average face cleanser...it applies nicely and rinses off fine but I didn't feel like it did much else for me. I don't feel like it penetrated into my skin the way other cleansers do. Def never buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This cleanser was really a mixed bag for me. I got it as a GWP. The first thing I was not pleased about was the direction that you use this cleanser, then you still have to wash your face. That's just a no-go for me. I have never used a separate facial makeup remover. I have found enough good cleansers, cheap and expensive, that do a wonderful job of removing all my makeup while cleansing that I can't understand why I would want to buy two separate products to do what one can do.

What I liked about it:

You only need a very small amount. A full size tube of this must last a long time. You can get even a small amount to foam well just by adding a little water.

The product really feels quite luxurious. It's rich and thick and creamy.

No unpleasant smell. Just a clean scent.

My face felt nice after using it.

I tried using it both just on it's own, and using a regular cleanser after. I really didn't notice any difference. I really think that using this on it's own cleans well enough. Especially if you are someone who uses a toner. I tried using the Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 after cleansing with this, and that was ok. Since I am acne prone, I was paranoid about just using this cleanser without following with another for a long period of time. Since they indicate you are supposed to cleanse twice, I don't want to take a chance of causing breakouts.

I'll stick with using one great cleanser that can do the job.