August 30, 2014 | 1578 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Eye Basics

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2003 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Stacy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I also have this in Wheat. I'm a LM Sunny Beige and thought this looked too dark but it goes on lighter than it looks in the tube. It's easy to apply (easier than F.Y...eye due to the wand), and only a small amount is needed. It keeps my shadows from creasing through the day but I do get some creasing by nighttime. It creases a little earlier than F.Y...eye but does seem to keep the eyeshadow colors from fading more than F.Y...eye. It's a toss up as to which one I would repurchase but would repurchase either product gladly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2003 10:02:00 PM More reviews by kkdallas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using Clinique Touch Base for years and recently started noticing more creasing. Additionally the Touch Base seemed so heavy. I purchased Eye Basics in Linen and I love it! It is very light and I wouldn't use alone. It comes in a small lipgloss shaped tube with a sponge wand applicator. I dot it on my lids and blend with a finger or a concealer brush. It keeps my shadow color true and crease-proof! My shadow and liner lasts all day and it doesn't turn a funny color. I am anticipating buying other colors of this, perhaps wheat or pink.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2003 3:02:00 AM More reviews by MayM

I got this in Wheat, (I'm a Stila 30 watts/MAC NC30) and this is the exact color of my lids !! I was a bit skeptical cause I have super oily lids and didn't think this would hold up ! To my surprise...I was wrong ! The only way I've ever been able to wear eyeshadow has been over MAC's Paints...That was until I discovered Eye Basics ! GREAT product...makes a great shadow base...goes on smoother than the paints...keeps my oilies at bay for about 8-9 hours before my eyeshadow starts to melt off ! I LOVE the packaging cause it's in a tube with a wand (like a wand gloss) so I dab a bit on each lid and I pat until it's all spread out and blended ! A point off only cause this doesn't last on as long as Paints do !

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2003 9:17:00 AM More reviews by photowife

I LOVE these. I own linen and wheat. Linen is lighter than my skin, which i like as a highlighter, and wheat is close to my skin tone. The tube is a little messy, and I only use the wand to get the product to my lid, and then I spread and blend with a concealer brush. My shadow stays for most all day..at least 10 hours, and even if the shadow goes, the LM base is still there, hiding my dark blueish red eye lids. This is a HG for me!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2003 11:04:00 PM More reviews by beetlechick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in pale pink and wheat. They stay on forever and your eyeshadow will stick like you wouldn't believe. Makes your eyeshadows last longer cause you don't use as much. I dab a little on my lid and rub it in with my finger. Fun to experiment with the different colors. The pale pink adds some color to the shadows, where the wheat is basically my eye color so the eyeshadow color is true. I will be buying these as long as they make them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2003 11:16:00 AM More reviews by April2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best lid primer I've tried yet. It seriously keeps my eyeshadow in place and keeps it from fading. I got it in pale pink so I can also wear the color by itself if I feel too lazy to put on other e/s, but it also looks great underneath some of the e/s's from the LM eye paints set. I like this better than MAC paints because it's not as cakey and blends into my lids easier. I think I might get linen next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2003 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Merrydothe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in Wheat. Its a wonderful mattifying lid primer that helps eye shadow to stay the whole day without creasing-which is great because my shadows always seem to dissapear! This stuff is awesome and you only need a little bit! Update: this stuff is infact very good. I have since switched to Urban Decay Primer Potion though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2003 5:40:00 PM More reviews by YYZ1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As an avid exerciser, I got tired of reapplying makeup throughout the day. Then I purchased Eye Basics in Mocha. This shadow does not come off until you remove it at night - I put it on at dawn, go through a full day including workouts and a nap, and it doesn't even crease. My only complaint is that the applicator does not really work for the product, using a brush is much easier although you must work quickly as the product dries fast. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2003 10:38:00 PM More reviews by michkal

This looks great alone or under eye shadow. Alone, it makes my lids look smooth and covers discolorations. Under shadow, it holds the color in place. I have it in wheat, which matches my skin color pretty well, it just brightens my eyes in a natural way.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2003 10:31:00 AM More reviews by barbiH

I agree with everyone who thinks this is the best eye primer on the market. Many days, I wear it alone without anything other than eyeliner. I'm using Linen but I'd also like to get Wheat. LM's also just come out with three additional colors. My only somewhat negative comment would be that it seems to disappear by evening, no creasing... just disappears. I'd probably reapply just a little if I was going out for the evening. But for the majority of the day, it looks great. Update (09/25/03): Well, I have to admit that this primer just isn't working. I put some Almay Amazing Lasting concealer on one eyelid and the LM on the other. The Almay side "won" - both in smoothness and how long it lasted. Both faded but the Almay never creased and lasted longer. Plus, I've noticed that LM is beginning to dry out badly - there's lots of dry buildup just inside the neck of the wand. So thumbs down on this one...