Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 5/25/2010 11:39:00 PM

I'm currently trying to finish my first tube, but it's been months. You get a lot of bang for your buck, especially during Maybelline BOGO sales. In terms of quality, I can only say it is that is is "good" in terms of function. It does last maybe 8-10 hours, but nothing more, especially for people with oily eyelids, like me. It dries relatively fast, but I get really annoyed with the brush. It's very hard for me to draw a line without the brush "sticking" to my eyelashes first. I always have to literally pull out the "clump" leftover by the brush immediately after. With that said, the formula is decent and it does last 8+ hours, but it is definitely not waterproof. I can easily remove it with some hot water and a basic cleanser. Therefore, I would not buy this again..especially when Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner is sooo much better!

on 5/25/2010 9:34:00 PM

This is absolutely the best liner hands down I have ever used. I honestly can't understand why so many people don't like it. I'm a liquid liner natzi because as much as I love my shadows etc a bold sharp precise black winged liner is the highlight of any eye look I do (pencil liners always smudge on my lids so I can only use them on lower lshline). I can't say aside from some msacara there are really alot of drugstore products I use as finding quality ones has never happened for. Me I used to use $20 and $30 liquid liners from high end brands I love with less than great results due to lack of a good fomrula, bad brush/packaging, or the fact that they would run out way too fast and really not be worth the large amount of $$. I was fed up on spending so much on liners I use very day than ran out too fast and when I was doing some grocery shopping jsut randomly browsed through the makeup isle as a last attempt to find a liquid liner. I decided to ge tthis as I loved the small and handy packaging. When I tried it out I was really impressed by the brush which is perfect (not too thin but not so thick that it isn't precise) and also the formula. In one sweep I get the richest glossiest black line without having to dip a million times. And then it sets in seconds and wow lasts days on end through sweating, dancing, adn god knows what. On top of that lasts forever for me and all for $5. Litreally the only con is that you need a good cleansing oil to get this off as it is budge proof and you slightly need to peel it off a little bit lol but for the amazing results I get with this who cares. Most ds liners are felt tips and crap as yes they are handy for those who aren't too good with liquid liner but for me a pain in the ass as they are never longwearing and hate having to dip the brush a million times to get a rich color payoff. Am so glad I ran across this as I have yet to find any other liner that work so well for me! :)

on 5/19/2010 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Ive actually bought this a couple of times even though its not the best. I like this because it works pretty good even when its almost dry. I agree that it peels and everything but it IS waterproof and it is very very dark. I love eyeliners that have brushes like this. Im very artistic when it comes to eyeliners so i like to have LOTS of control.

on 5/19/2010 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Worst eyeliner I've ever bought. It starts cracking and if you pick at the peel, THE WHOLE LINE OF EYELINER PEELS OFF. It never works. Don't buy this.

on 5/16/2010 5:05:00 PM

I've found this to be a really solid liquid liner. Although it is NOT remotely waterproof on me, it does last well and the brush is quite thin, which I love. The biggest drawback is that it clumps terribly if it comes in contact with eyelashes. "Waterproof" Ultra Liner is not the best liquid liner I have ever tried (that wold be Nouba's), but the formula is definitely hardier than most. For reference, I got it in black.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Ugh, I wish, wish, wish I could continue to use this product, but I am allergic! Every single time I use this eyeliner, I always end up with dry, itchy, flaky eyelid skin! Other than that, it is TOTALLY waterproof, never smears, doesn't budge. It's awesome! In fact, when I washed my face, the liner would come off in a strand! LOL! This is awesome if you aren't allergic!

3 lippies for how I reacted to it, but if I wasn't allergic, definitely a 5 lippie product!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I like this eyeliner a lot. I don't find it hard to use but it does take a little time to dry and it can flake towards the end of the day.

on 5/3/2010 5:14:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my current favorite drugstore eyeliner. I've tried the MACs and I'll pick this one over those regardless of price. It requires more skill to put on than the ones with a more define tip, But I like the tiny tiny hairs, because you can make a very thin line very easily. This also goes on very intense which I like. Overall very happy with this product.

on 5/3/2010 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Dislike.

The black was not a dark enough black for me and when i tried to layer it by drawing another line, to try to make the color look darker, the line starts looking all 3D!?? I guess because i let it dry inbetween.

it doesnt really have much staying power.
it gave those cracks and it flakes.
it takes forever to dry.
The applicator is too small for me.

on 4/26/2010 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Awful..the color took forever drying and not very long after having it on,it began to flake and crack off!And when I tryed to apply more over it it just ended up looking even worse.The only thing I liked about this was the brush I could get a nice application with it but the product is just crap.I would never even think of rebuying it.