December 18, 2014 | 1649 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2004 3:41:00 PM More reviews by kazc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Have been using this for a while but have just had to see my dermatologist as I am developing brown spots. I wonder wether the UVA protection given by this product is high enough for me as I wear it every day and live in the UK. Tried asking at the counter but they thought I was mad. Also makes my skin look a bit flat and pale. I think I'll stick to a proper sunscreen.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2004 5:46:00 AM More reviews by reismione

used it a long time bk. it made my combi skin break out. not suitable for me. p.s. skin still shines like mad after application within an hour or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2004 11:09:00 PM More reviews by hhrachel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i wear this everyday. no shine, no grease, no fuss.

btw, i have oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2004 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For my oily but sensitive skin this is good because it's oil free and stays matte and doesn't irritate. However, if you do have the slightest flakes like I can in winter it will show these up so it's best to either apply a moisturiser first or mix with moisturiser when applying. It has a slight tint so does help to even out the skin tone on my PPP skin and even after a day in the hot sun my skin isn't like an oil slick. Most sunscreens are way too oily for my face, this is the only one I'll use. It's fine for under foundation. The packaging is practical but nice and it's well-priced. With my finicky skin I'm not adventurous enough to try anything else because this suits my needs well.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2004 4:47:00 PM More reviews by bijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked the fact that this contains no irritating chemical sunscreens, but my skin broke out after just a couple of days of using this. On one particularly hot day, it felt very slick and heavy after only a few hours of wear. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2004 1:30:00 AM More reviews by tracy73

It is so oily. There is a oil film on my face after apply it. So I wash it immediately and throw it in bin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2004 2:00:00 PM More reviews by CaraElaine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product to use with a new moisturizer that doesn't have SPF. This product has UVA and UVB protection, and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin or my eyes, even when applied really close to my eyes! The product appears to be slightly tinted, but works great for my pale skin. I love the slight beachy smell! It dries to a fairly matte finish. I wear this product over moisturizer, and under foundation, and it works great!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2004 11:02:00 PM More reviews by glitterbean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great sunscreen for faces. My fair, oily skin got very irritated when I tried to use sunscreens with Parsol, but this one has not irritated my skin or made it oily. It is slightly tinted (at least on my pale face) and I've found I can go without foundation. Definitely worth trying if you're looking for a daily sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2004 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear this just about every day, whether or not I'm wearing foundation. I'm slightly fair, so it absorbs without leaving any sort of visible tint on my face. No oily sheen or clogging, light feel, and it's a physical sunscreen, so I can feel very good about wearing it. I'm almost afraid to try anything else, since it could very well be a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2004 1:06:00 AM More reviews by lipsticknut

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been my spring and summer daily sunscreen for 2 years now. (I use the Clinique Cityblock SPF 15 for fall and winter). It's the best I've found for my skin (mainly normal/a bit oily in T-zone). It doesn't really leave a white cast on me - I let it absorb for a few minutes while I drink my morning coffee. And it evens out my skin tone and makes makeup adhere better. I can only wear physical sunscreen on my face, and have tried many others. So far, I've always returned to this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No