August 20, 2014 | 1731 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by ed100866

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this powder UNDER my powder foundation (StudioFix, NC30). I brush it on with a kabuki brush, then apply my foundation. I find that the combination keeps me shine-free until lunch time. I have pretty shiney skin, so I dont expect miracles - but this product works better than others I have tried and does not irritate, dry out, or break out my skin. I wouldnt wear just this, as there isn't much pigment or coverage to it. The color is also slighly pale-pinky which doesnt match my skin, but under powder foundation, it just soaks up oil & does its job.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2007 1:16:00 AM More reviews by canterburytale

I can't find anything that beats this powder. I don't wear foundation, so I usually just use this over my clean moisturized face in the morning to absorb the shine. I can apply powder blush over it and it works out great and if I apply concealor this sets it nicely. I've used Clinique's Matte pressed powder, BB oil free face powder, Laura Mercier's foundation powder, Stila's foundation powder as well as Mac's studio fix foundation powder and this is the only one that doesn't irritate my skin or break me out. Plus it feels light enough to blot during the day without adding heavy powder on top of my skin. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Hyperduckz3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! Total HG material here! I only have to apply about 2-3 times a day & I stay matte (not TOO matte). I love it! I recommend people getting medium even if they are pretty light cause all the shades are very light in color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2007 7:53:00 PM More reviews by VJ21

I'm hooked on Mac Blotting Pressed Powder.I'm NC35 I live in Texas and it is very humid here. At the Mac store the girl told me it is the number one selling product, I can see why. It helps with the shine and oil without overdrying my face and I really like that it doesn't add more color it kind of goes on colorless and doesn't make my make-up look cakey. It helps keep make-up stay longer, one of my tips is to put it over your eyelids before your eyeshadow it helps keep my eyeshadow in place and last loonger when I do this. I have and will continue to buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by arianabanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is good for me in summer. I apply my foundation, give my nose, forehead and chin a light dusting of this, then apply my bronzer. This colour works well for me, i use a very light hand and i can re-apply 2-3 time through the day and night and it never looks cakey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 4:59:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ought this when I bought my N5 Studio Fix. The MA told me that this is what you apply throughout the day to prevent shine. So far it has worked well. It does what it is supposed to and gives a matte finish.

I gave it 4 lippies because of the price. But will probably still re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2007 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Lulle

It just does its job very well. My skin is VERY oily on the nose and forehead and this powder prevents the shine. Of course it doesn't last all day, but 4-5 hours is already a good performance for me.

Although it isn't supposed to add coverage or colour, I think it does make my skin tone look more even and fresh. I chose medium/dark after trying the colours on with a MUA, although my skin is pretty fair (NW 20-25).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2007 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Jhereg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

does the trick all right.
believe the other reviewers when they say go a bit dark. I am NW20, and med is *almost* too light for me.
absorbs the oil, not cakey, sheer, and doesnt irritate my acne prone combo/oily skin.
makes my skin look very refined and cleans up any shiny areas. I sometimes use this over foundation (with a brush) before powder. TWO POWDERS? you ask? it's so very sheer I can powder over and it sets the foundation w/o looking too powdery and i can still get the lovely powdery finish but this adds a barrier than keeps the finishing powder from adhering too much. niice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 2:02:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

It could be cakey but it controls oil so well. I can see the powder sitting on top of my skin when i first put it on, but after 10 mins or so, it looks a lot more natural. I have medium/dark but it's still fairly light for my fair-medium NW25 skintone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 1:31:00 AM More reviews by ifoundlove

I love this stuff!! At first I didn't think it could stop the little shine i had on my face, so i just stopped putting it off & bought it. now its my HG every morning. sometimes when i dont want to have that "not wearing make-up look" i just wear this alone, and you can't even tell you are wearing anything, thats how sheer this product is. It looks super light in the container, but its perfect! Love love love this stuff. I'd recommend to anything. It keeps my studio fix in place :)